Only The Valiant Podcast

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that
Re: Only The Valiant Podcast

Post by Elveen »

Phoenix8008 wrote:You guys planning a foil wraparound gatefold #100 issue? Maybe for Harbinger Wars in April, or the 1 year anniversary of new Valiant comics in May?
We are having conversations

Bone-A-Fach-ee
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: '92
Favorite character: Tony Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger/Imperium
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

Dr. Solar wrote:
Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:I vote for an hour and a half EVERY week! Need my OTV fix, or I go into withdrawal.
We got you hooked. Don't worry, the first one's free. So is the second, apparently.

And the third.

And the fourth.

And the fifth, sixth, seventh, eight, ninth, tenth, eleventh, twelfth, thirteenth, fourteenth, fifteenth, sixteenth, seventeenth, eighteenth, nineteenth, twentieth, twenty-first, twenty-second, twenty-third, twenty-fourth, twenty-fifth, twenty-sixth, twenty-seventh, twenty-eight, twenty-ninth, thirtieth, thirty-first, thirty-second, thirty-third, thirty-fourth, thirty-fifth, thirty-sixth, thirty-seventh, thirty-eight, thirty-ninth, fortieth, forty-first, forty-second, forty-third, forty-fourth, forty-fifth, forty-sixth, forty-seventh, forty-eight, forty-ninth, fiftieth, fifty-first, fifty-second, fifty-third, fifty-fourth, fifty-fifth, fifty-sixth, fifty-seventh, fifty-eight, fifty-ninth, sixtieth, sixty-first, sixty-second, sixty-third, sixty-fourth, sixty-fifth, sixty-sixth, sixty-seventh, sixty-eight, sixty-ninth, seventieth, seventy-first, seventy-second, seventy-third, seventy-fourth, seventy-fifth, seventy-sixth, seventy-seventh, seventy-eight, seventy-ninth, eightieth, eighty-first, eighty-second, eighty-third, eighty-fourth, eighty-fifth, eighty-sixth, eighty-seventh, eighty-eight, eighty-ninth, ninetieth, ninety-first, ninety-second, ninety-third, ninety-fourth, ninety-fifth, and ninety-sixth, but that could change at any time.
No way you just really typed all that out?!?!?

Dr. Solar
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:
Dr. Solar wrote:
Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:I vote for an hour and a half EVERY week! Need my OTV fix, or I go into withdrawal.
We got you hooked. Don't worry, the first one's free. So is the second, apparently.

And the third.

And the fourth.

And the fifth, sixth, seventh, eight, ninth, tenth, eleventh, twelfth, thirteenth, fourteenth, fifteenth, sixteenth, seventeenth, eighteenth, nineteenth, twentieth, twenty-first, twenty-second, twenty-third, twenty-fourth, twenty-fifth, twenty-sixth, twenty-seventh, twenty-eight, twenty-ninth, thirtieth, thirty-first, thirty-second, thirty-third, thirty-fourth, thirty-fifth, thirty-sixth, thirty-seventh, thirty-eight, thirty-ninth, fortieth, forty-first, forty-second, forty-third, forty-fourth, forty-fifth, forty-sixth, forty-seventh, forty-eight, forty-ninth, fiftieth, fifty-first, fifty-second, fifty-third, fifty-fourth, fifty-fifth, fifty-sixth, fifty-seventh, fifty-eight, fifty-ninth, sixtieth, sixty-first, sixty-second, sixty-third, sixty-fourth, sixty-fifth, sixty-sixth, sixty-seventh, sixty-eight, sixty-ninth, seventieth, seventy-first, seventy-second, seventy-third, seventy-fourth, seventy-fifth, seventy-sixth, seventy-seventh, seventy-eight, seventy-ninth, eightieth, eighty-first, eighty-second, eighty-third, eighty-fourth, eighty-fifth, eighty-sixth, eighty-seventh, eighty-eight, eighty-ninth, ninetieth, ninety-first, ninety-second, ninety-third, ninety-fourth, ninety-fifth, and ninety-sixth, but that could change at any time.
With some liberal use of CTRL+C and CTRL+V.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Dr. Solar wrote:
Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:
Dr. Solar wrote:

And the third.

And the fourth.

With some liberal use of CTRL+C and CTRL+V.
Yeah, but you did that. You really did that. Crazy mo'fo - get back to the drawing table!
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dr. Solar

Post by Dr. Solar »

...and Ninety-Seventh.

Episode 97! We discuss Harbinger #9 and zero.

EMPIRES OF THE MIND!

Bone-A-Fach-ee

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

Sweet! Downloading NOW!

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

Definitely liking the shorter, but more frequent format. I had literally just finished #96 when you posted that #97 was available. Before, I felt like everyone had the jump on me as I took so long to finish an episode. Now, I feel like I listening right along with everyone.

FYI: My wife was sick a week or so ago, and I took my son (2yr) around with me for all of the errands that needed to be run. I was listening to OTV in the car and asked him if would rather listen to music. He said no. The next time we all got in the car together, he said "Listen to guys talking?" It really cracked me up. You guys are a hit with the toddler scene!
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

MarkRoseHFX
smother you to death with a big pile of poutine
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Chiclo
Favorite writer: Dysart,V-ditti,Kindt,Lemire
Favorite artist: Cary Nord

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

lorddunlow wrote: I was listening to OTV in the car and asked him if would rather listen to music. He said no. The next time we all got in the car together, he said "Listen to guys talking?" It really cracked me up. You guys are a hit with the toddler scene!
That's awesome. they probably enjoyed trying to figure out what the *squee* they were talking about. :lol:
Hell Yeah Valiant Comics! Tumblr - http://bit.ly/16xoK8x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://about.me/markrosehfx

PSN- gorakthebunny

Dynamite can suck my balls

Bone-A-Fach-ee

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

TOO. SHORT.

Rufusharley
donkey-shorts!..uhh i mean..danke schön!

Post by Rufusharley »

In general I like a somewhat shorter episode (let's say 45-50 min). And every now and then throw out a longer (90min) episode.

Rufusharley

Post by Rufusharley »

Valiant After Dark episode for San Diego maybe?

Rufusharley

Post by Rufusharley »

Hmmm I wonder who's going to be on the next episode....

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Rufusharley wrote:Hmmm I wonder who's going to be on the next episode....
IT'S ME! :thumb:

mkb28
Honey, it's time to spawn!
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti and Dysart

Post by mkb28 »

Hello OTV Crew:

I am really enjoying the podcasts and I wanted to compliment you all on the great job you are doing. As a Valiant "Newbie", the podcast discussions are helping me understand the storylines and characters in a much better way. I recently went back to the first 10 podcasts and started from the beginning. I wish I would have listened to Episode 6 or 7, which covered "How to Collect Valiant Comics," before I started my Valiant collection. I learned several helpful tips from that episode and realized a few mistakes too.

Since a few years has elapsed since that "How to Collect" episode aired, I suggest you re-visit the topic on a future podcast. Maybe some tips on how to collect the new VEI material, especially the variant covers. One thing that has really helped me is Greg's "Cover Database." I actually printed out every page of all the covers from each title and I carry them with me as I visit comic book stores or conventions. That way I always know if I am buying the correct copy and that I am paying a fair price. I also printed out all the Gold issues, V.V.S.S. issues, etc. and this has been a great resource to have with me.

I usually listen to financial podcasts since I am a financial planner, but the Only the Valiant podcasts have quickly become my favorite podcasts for my business travel. Keep up the great work!

Michael
mkb28

Elveen
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

Thanks for the "big ups" bro!

OTV is a labor of love.

mkb28
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti and Dysart

Post by mkb28 »

Well deserved, Bro!

Mkb28

Dr. Solar

Post by Dr. Solar »

ROBERT VENDITTI and PLANET DEATH

Need I say more?

Check out episode 98, V-Ditti joins us to catch up on X-O Manowar, and to give us some ideas of what to look forward to in Planet Death. Not to be missed!

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Can't wait to listen to the latest episode. The return of V-Ditti!
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

grendeljd
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Dr. Solar wrote:ROBERT VENDITTI and PLANET DEATH

Need I say more?

Check out episode 98, V-Ditti joins us to catch up on X-O Manowar, and to give us some ideas of what to look forward to in Planet Death. Not to be missed!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Great interview, nicely done as always gentlemen! I seriously doubt anyone is going to complain about the length of THIS episode.

Cool bits; nice to finally hear the origin of the whole joke to do with 'Sven' [it pre-dates my time on the boards], and SUPER cool that V-Ditty did that on purpose as a shout-out! :lol: :clap:

Also, great background on the concept of the Commando armour... I guess it could have been a tad clearer in the comic that they were clunkier versions of the XO, ie having to 'buckle them on', but I got the idea anyway. At least when we see Alex[?] pick up the loose helmet at the end of #10, it kind of fits in with that...
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sven
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by Sven »

grendeljd wrote:Cool bits; nice to finally hear the origin of the whole joke to do with 'Sven' [it pre-dates my time on the boards], and SUPER cool that V-Ditty did that on purpose as a shout-out! :lol: :clap:
You need to mind your history. Vee Ditty was merely giving respect where respect is due! ! !
always watching you...

MarkRoseHFX

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

Good interview got me even more psyched for Planet Death and for V-Ditti's GL too
Hell Yeah Valiant Comics! Tumblr - http://bit.ly/16xoK8x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PSN- gorakthebunny

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

Sven wrote:
grendeljd wrote:Cool bits; nice to finally hear the origin of the whole joke to do with 'Sven' [it pre-dates my time on the boards], and SUPER cool that V-Ditty did that on purpose as a shout-out! :lol: :clap:
You need to mind your history. Vee Ditty was merely giving respect where respect is due! ! !
Yes sir.

:lol:

Seriously, that was cool. :thumb:

Sven

Post by Sven »

grendeljd wrote:
Sven wrote:
Yes sir.

Yes, it WAS cool of me to allow Vee Ditty to include my name and likeness in his comic picture book.
always watching you...

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

Sven wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
Sven wrote:
Yes sir.

Yes, it WAS cool of me to allow Vee Ditty to include my name and likeness in his comic picture book.
I can't help but wonder what you did to blow your chances of getting a full bit-part complete with dialogue in the earlier issue [XO #4?] V-Ditty mentioned... the one that got cut for 'editorial reasons'. :hm: :poke:

MarkRoseHFX

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

Sven wrote: Yes, it WAS cool of me to allow Vee Ditty to include my name and likeness in his comic picture book.
That was pretty cool of you Sven :thumb:

You should get your own series imo

PSN- gorakthebunny