Cool Item I Purchased "Picture Added!"

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

DarqueArcher
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by DarqueArcher »

X-O HoboJoe wrote:
DarqueArcher wrote:
ncameron wrote: If I was going to do an ad with someone from The Naked Gun movie I would have gone for Leslie Neilsen or OJ as opposed to the guy in the bit part who tried to kill Queen Elizabeth.
I think OJ should be cencored on this board to *SQUEE*
Or *STAB*?
:lol: :lol: :clap: That is probably the greatest post in history you sir are a genius :funnypost:

X-O HoboJoe
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Shadowman

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

DarqueArcher wrote: :lol: :lol: :clap: That is probably the greatest post in history you sir are a genius :funnypost:
[Paypal sent]
I DO NOT EAT, DRINK OR ABSORB SOULS, DAMMIT!

Zero
I discovered platinum in Indiana.
Re: Cool Item I Purchased

Post by Zero »

dino wrote:
GJB wrote:I went to visit my usual connection for Valiant comics and everything related, and Todd brings out two cool items he held for me. He just bought out a comic shop in Rochester NY that specialized in independant books. In addition to finding some pre unity Solar and Magnus books for a buck a piece, the two additional items were a Shadowman flat and a page sized advertisement for the Valiant Files trading cards they put out back in the day.

What makes the advertisement really cool is it was signed by Reggie Jackson, #44. Todd handed it to me and we were both perplexed as to whose sig was on the advert. Upon inspection, Dr Mirage, Shadowman and Reggie were on the front. The sig looks like RJ's and the #44 is written below. The mystery was solved.

Anyway, I thought it was a neat item I'd share with y'all.

Anyone else have a piece of Valiant history signed by a major league sports athlete?

Cool stuff.
If I remember right those Reggie Jackson one sheets are VERY hard to get. Sonicdan or Zero can probably confirm. Congrats.
Yeah, they are really tough. I've been lucky to find a couple in my travels. :thumb:

hulk181man
Huh, huh....dude, you said member.
Huh, huh....dude, you said member.
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite writer: Warren Ellis

Post by hulk181man »

The Shadowman flat isn't an easy find either...Nice :thumb:

Zero

Post by Zero »

BTW, Reggie Jackson was added to that card because he was a spokesman for Upper Deck at the time. Upper Deck was the maker of the Valiant Era cards.

As I've said it before, Reggie Jackson supposedly was at that dinner in Chicago back in '93 where the wooden box sets were given away. Apparently, Mr. Jackson has (had?) a wooden box set. :thumb:

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Zero wrote:BTW, Reggie Jackson was added to that card because he was a spokesman for Upper Deck at the time. Upper Deck was the maker of the Valiant Era cards.

As I've said it before, Reggie Jackson supposedly was at that dinner in Chicago back in '93 where the wooden box sets were given away. Apparently, Mr. Jackson has (had?) a wooden box set. :thumb:
Wonder if he still has it?