Digital?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
Re: Digital?

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Watcher wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:They include digital copies with certain DVD and Blu-ray movies, so maybe we'll see this trend with comics in the near future. Whoever buys a physical book can also download a digital copy for free or at a much reduced rate.
DC is doing this with Justice League. They offer regular print versions for $3.99 and combo pack version for $4.99 that include a print version and a code for a download.

I will not seek out comics in digital format. If the hobby leaves me in the process, I think I will be fine.
I haven't purchased a current comic in awhile. Is that what they're going for nowadays??? Hoo-Fah
Yeah, can't see them bringing in any new fans with prices like that.

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.
Location: SE Michigan, 21 bound books done.. many more to go...

Post by IanAlexavier »

Daniel Jackson wrote:
Watcher wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:They include digital copies with certain DVD and Blu-ray movies, so maybe we'll see this trend with comics in the near future. Whoever buys a physical book can also download a digital copy for free or at a much reduced rate.
DC is doing this with Justice League. They offer regular print versions for $3.99 and combo pack version for $4.99 that include a print version and a code for a download.

I will not seek out comics in digital format. If the hobby leaves me in the process, I think I will be fine.
I haven't purchased a current comic in awhile. Is that what they're going for nowadays??? Hoo-Fah
Lets hope that DNV can change that! What a great way to pick up new readers! Offer a $2 instead of $4! Im not even sure thats possible.. but something HAS to change in the industry, especially with the way the economy is at this time.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

IanAlexavier wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
Watcher wrote:
Chiclo wrote:

Lets hope that DNV can change that! What a great way to pick up new readers! Offer a $2 instead of $4! Im not even sure thats possible.. but something HAS to change in the industry, especially with the way the economy is at this time.
That would certainly get my attention.

etos45
I live to be inefficient!
I live to be inefficient!

Post by etos45 »

Daniel Jackson wrote:
Watcher wrote:
Chiclo wrote:

I know if I didn't already feel invested in the comics I already buy, I would have quit when they hit $3.99. I certainly would have never started collecting at that price.

comicsyte95
It's Porktastic!!!
It's Porktastic!!!

Post by comicsyte95 »

The $3.99 price today would definetly have stopped me as a teen.Right now im currently not buying any new issue( im only buying a Bloodshot Platinum)as cash is a bit tight .I hope there is a choice for a print and a print with download code, i would definetly favor just a print issues if thats the case( i intend on buying 5-10 of each issue and wouldnt need a code with each one).
If I just can't be me ,and the Arrow isn't enough.. then maybe I should be Ra's al Ghul

Dr. Solar
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

Give me digital or give me death.

I prefer my comics digitally these days.

On my iPad, they are glorious.

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

Dr. Solar wrote:Give me digital or give me death.

I prefer my comics digitally these days.

On my iPad, they are glorious.
Eh, I don't know about the death part or never having paper comics again. I still get that groovy feeling reading comics and while bagging and boarding comics. I LOVE to read comics on my iPad as well but if at were the only way to get my comics? I am not ready to close the door on paper comics yet. It takes the collectibility out of the hobby.

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.

Post by IanAlexavier »

So I was able to finally download the Android Market app.... no, it didnt come on my table, but I found a way around it :)

So, where do you guys get your e-comics? Anyone have any ideas?

I saw that Marvel has a comic reading app.. but... you cannot use it for your Marvel subscription, or some such thing. So people were pretty upset about THAT.

I saw ComiXology. That looked interesting as well.

Dr. Solar
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

Comixology and graphic.ly seem to be at the top of the heap.

I use Comixology for all my digital comics purchases. They are the most ubiquitous, pretty much everything that is available digitally is available on comixology.

I'd recommend installing them all and seeing what you like.

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.

Post by IanAlexavier »

Dr. Solar wrote:Comixology and graphic.ly seem to be at the top of the heap.

I use Comixology for all my digital comics purchases. They are the most ubiquitous, pretty much everything that is available digitally is available on comixology.

I'd recommend installing them all and seeing what you like.

Excellent! Thanks for that! I will do it right away!

Do you think VALIANT will be available on that? I sure hope so! I will let you guys know how it goes :)

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.

Post by IanAlexavier »

Hey Dino!!!

Ok, Im thinking you may want to start offering some older VALIANT books on Comixology for FREEEEE, to get the people talking about whats coming up :thumb: :thumb:

BruceReville
Why don't we just call ourselves C-Men and be done with it
Why don't we just call ourselves C-Men and be done with it

Post by BruceReville »

IanAlexavier wrote:Hey Dino!!!

Ok, Im thinking you may want to start offering some older VALIANT books on Comixology for FREEEEE, to get the people talking about whats coming up :thumb: :thumb:
Just along as they are not after Birthquake or Punx! :atomic:
Everybody Is Right Until Someone Else Disagrees.

comicsyte95
It's Porktastic!!!
It's Porktastic!!!

Post by comicsyte95 »

or Deathmate. :|
If I just can't be me ,and the Arrow isn't enough.. then maybe I should be Ra's al Ghul