Bloodshot announced

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

MarrowMan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: ShadowMan
Favorite title: ShadowMan
Favorite writer: Dysart, Jordan
Re: Bloodshot announced

Post by MarrowMan »

Raymond Garrison (Bloodshot VH2) (taken from http://wiki.valiantentertainment.com/in ... d_Garrison" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Angelo Mortalli was a cover identity assumed by Raymond Garrison, an agent of the Domestic Operations Authority, for the purpose of infiltrating the Cianelli crime family.

Unforeseen circumstances resulted in Angelo’s exposure and execution. Fortunately, the DOA was able to recover his remains promptly enough to place them in cryogenic suspension and preserve them while Project Lazarus perfected the process of nanotechnological resurrection.

Severe mnemonic fragmentation due to tissue necrosis, however, complicated the reconstruction of consciousness. The nanites employed the clearest, most recent memories – those of the Mortalli identity – as their template, and in so doing, transformed fiction into delusion.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

BloodShot wrote:
Dr. Solar wrote:So, looks like he's holding Berettas. Am I right? Chiclo? Anyone?
Highly likely he'd be using an Italian-made sidearm, and that's what it most closely resembles. However, the front end of the trigger guard's too arched; the lanyard loop's far too pronounced; and the bottom of the mags aren't factory-correct. Although on any of those items, they'd be modified or custom, so maybe they're correct, after all. Would've been much more impressive to see those handguns "updated" to something more like an HK P30.

Regardless, totally awesome art that I'd love to have a litho of (if not the original), fer sure :wink: .
Is there some reason he'd be using an Italian sidearm? My question is sincere - I have been scanning a lot of this stuff and there's probably a detail I missed.

From the art I have seen, with that perspective and so little of the firearm shown I can't tell what he has. The magazines look like a double stack so a more-or-less standard 1911 is unlikely. Could be a Browning, I suppose, but I can't imagine Bloodshot with something so workaday as a Hi Power. Definitely looks like there is an attached bevel on the mag well whatever it is. Berettas are as likely as anything.

MarrowMan
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: ShadowMan
Favorite title: ShadowMan
Favorite writer: Dysart, Jordan

Post by MarrowMan »

Italians make good guns is one reason, but to be fair, Belgian, Israeli and German guns are way better.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

MarrowMan wrote:Italians make good guns is one reason, but to be fair, Belgian, Israeli and German guns are way better.
Austrians. And I don't mean Glock.

BloodOfHeroes
We clutch at lies 'n pray they’re truths
We clutch at lies 'n pray they’re truths
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kevin VanHook
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by BloodOfHeroes »

Hmm. I might have to give this book a read.

Dr. Solar
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

Chiclo wrote:
BloodShot wrote:
Dr. Solar wrote:So, looks like he's holding Berettas. Am I right? Chiclo? Anyone?
Highly likely he'd be using an Italian-made sidearm, and that's what it most closely resembles. However, the front end of the trigger guard's too arched; the lanyard loop's far too pronounced; and the bottom of the mags aren't factory-correct. Although on any of those items, they'd be modified or custom, so maybe they're correct, after all. Would've been much more impressive to see those handguns "updated" to something more like an HK P30.

Regardless, totally awesome art that I'd love to have a litho of (if not the original), fer sure :wink: .
Is there some reason he'd be using an Italian sidearm? My question is sincere - I have been scanning a lot of this stuff and there's probably a detail I missed.

From the art I have seen, with that perspective and so little of the firearm shown I can't tell what he has. The magazines look like a double stack so a more-or-less standard 1911 is unlikely. Could be a Browning, I suppose, but I can't imagine Bloodshot with something so workaday as a Hi Power. Definitely looks like there is an attached bevel on the mag well whatever it is. Berettas are as likely as anything.
Since Berettas are standard military sidearm, I figured this was a hint that he was an agent for the US military; or I figured I am reading way too much into it.

I was just hoping it was a Beretta so I can take off my shirt, paint a red circle on my chest, and run around my apartment with my Beretta yelling, "Woohoo! I'm fat Bloodshot!"

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

Dr. Solar wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
BloodShot wrote:

Since Berettas are standard military sidearm, I figured this was a hint that he was an agent for the US military; or I figured I am reading way too much into it.

I was just hoping it was a Beretta so I can take off my shirt, paint a red circle on my chest, and run around my apartment with my Beretta yelling, "Woohoo! I'm fat Bloodshot!"
Can you put video on the podcast?

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Now that I see a full image, the handguns look more like Rugers than anything else.

Old school, big, bulky, indestructible Rugers like a P89. The mag wells don't look anything like a Ruger but the frames and slides do.

Dr. Solar
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

Chiclo wrote:Old school, big, bulky, indestructible Rugers like a P89. The mag wells don't look anything like a Ruger but the frames and slides do.
The bulk is what made me question if they were berettas.

BoH: No.