Board Top
| Main Website
Price Guide | New Comics

ValiantFans.com Message Board - Tenth Anniversary 2004 - 2014

An online community for fans of the Valiant Universe
It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:15 am 
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:33 pm
Posts: 37302
Heath wrote:
I absolutely LOVE this image (except the shape of XO's helmet - there's something weird about that).

I love Gilad's arm! I'm loving Bloodshot and Rai!

But I think my favorite thing is the design of the Harbinger outfits. Very nice!!



I really like the new outfits as well. I know some think it's a little too "Trek" like, but I think they look just fine.


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:26 am 
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:07 pm
Posts: 21650
Location: Adrift on the Seas of Fate
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Shadowman
Crow331 wrote:
Where's Shadowman?? :evil:

That is my only gripe. I think Zeph looks perfect. I like the few changes I see.

Even if you have a nice coat of paint on your place for 20 years it's still nice to update it now and again :thumb:


:hm: If I had to guess, (and it IS only a guess, I have no "neener-neener knowledge") Shadowman will be something big that needs to be built up to. :cloud9:

_________________
" . . . since each vocabulary has real consequences in our real worlds, one vocabulary can indeed be shown to be better than another."


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:33 am 
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:09 am
Posts: 524
Location: Lincolnton, Ga
Valiant fan since: Before the Anni-Padda...
Favorite character: X-O, Bloodshot, & Archer
orbitalshift wrote:

So does Rai look like he is from the future? His weapons seem pretty normal. :(


It's hard to say.

The weapons he manifested were always ancient. At least for the year 4001.

Do his pants look futuristic?

:?

_________________
Favorite books: All Valiant books, Green Lantern, Batman, Earth 2, Invincible, Five Ghosts, Uncanny Avengers, X, and The Sixth Gun.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:51 am 
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 8:09 pm
Posts: 10434
Location: Los Angeles Surviving Sectors
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2
Big Red wrote:
Do his pants look futuristic?

:?

In the future, all pants are futuristic.

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:57 am 
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:07 pm
Posts: 3070
Location: Between the Gobi Desert & the Bering Sea
Dr. Solar wrote:
Big Red wrote:
Do his pants look futuristic?

:?

In the future, all pants are futuristic.

That's deep, man. Pass that over would ya'?


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:37 pm 
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:34 pm
Posts: 3643
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody
geocarr wrote:
Dr. Solar wrote:
Big Red wrote:
Do his pants look futuristic?

:?

In the future, all pants are futuristic.

That's deep, man. Pass that over would ya'?


Come on! I have it on good authority that in ten years, we're all converting to silver jumpsuits. A fashion that will last forever.

_________________
Hey, look! I have a podcast!
And a Website!
http://www.valiantnewuniverse.com


If I win an argument, it doesn't mean I'm right. It means I'm a better arguer.

In addition, I'm right.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:38 pm 
Whoah! almost got lost in my own thread
Whoah! almost got lost in my own thread

Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:35 am
Posts: 4566
I want the Shredder outfit on the right.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:15 pm 
Sheesh, some people need to chill.
Sheesh, some people need to chill.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:06 pm
Posts: 3315
Location: Crematoria
Love it. Though if that is in fact Kris, I would have preferred her original look.

_________________
~No Fear~


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:15 pm 
I live to be inefficient!
I live to be inefficient!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:41 pm
Posts: 4086
Location: Anywhere but here... nope, there I am.
Daniel Jackson wrote:
orbitalshift wrote:

So does Rai look like he is from the future? His weapons seem pretty normal. :( I really hope Rai is future based. Bloodshot and Rai in the same era seems redundant to me.


Same here. Let's keep our fingers crossed.


I'm thinking Rai from the past is more likely than Rai in the present. What I could see them doing is have the original Rai in the past, use him for about a year, kill him off, and then bump the series into the future with the second Rai. Bloodshot could be based off of the original Rai and the future Rai could be modeled after Bloodshot.

With Eternal Warrior, does it look like he's wearing one of those Oriental metal skirt things that old warriors had? I don't know what they are called, but I recognize it from the Dynasty Warrior games.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:25 pm 
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:09 am
Posts: 524
Location: Lincolnton, Ga
Valiant fan since: Before the Anni-Padda...
Favorite character: X-O, Bloodshot, & Archer
What artist drew this?

I think that it's outstanding.

_________________
Favorite books: All Valiant books, Green Lantern, Batman, Earth 2, Invincible, Five Ghosts, Uncanny Avengers, X, and The Sixth Gun.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:26 pm 
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:21 am
Posts: 2961
Location: Toronto Canada
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: ShadowMan
Favorite title: ShadowMan
Favorite writer: Dysart, Jordan
etos45 wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
orbitalshift wrote:

So does Rai look like he is from the future? His weapons seem pretty normal. :( I really hope Rai is future based. Bloodshot and Rai in the same era seems redundant to me.


Same here. Let's keep our fingers crossed.


I'm thinking Rai from the past is more likely than Rai in the present. What I could see them doing is have the original Rai in the past, use him for about a year, kill him off, and then bump the series into the future with the second Rai. Bloodshot could be based off of the original Rai and the future Rai could be modeled after Bloodshot.

With Eternal Warrior, does it look like he's wearing one of those Oriental metal skirt things that old warriors had? I don't know what they are called, but I recognize it from the Dynasty Warrior games.


It appears so.

Sidebar; A little beef of mine for some reason is "Orient" or "Oriental" You won't find it on a map, but it refers to parts of Asia, I wonder where the hell the term "Orient" even came from?

edit; ah I see, it's the antithesis of "Occidental" one simply means East and the other West. END :rant:

_________________
Image


Last edited by MarrowMan on Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:27 pm 
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:21 am
Posts: 2961
Location: Toronto Canada
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: ShadowMan
Favorite title: ShadowMan
Favorite writer: Dysart, Jordan
Big Red wrote:
What artist drew this?

I think that it's outstanding.


Arturo Lozzi

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:29 pm 
I'm Chiclo.
I'm Chiclo.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:09 am
Posts: 17968
Location: Texas
Favorite character: Kris
Dr. Solar wrote:
Big Red wrote:
Do his pants look futuristic?

:?

In the future, all pants are futuristic.


Even pants that are "vintage" or "retro"?


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:30 pm 
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 8:09 pm
Posts: 10434
Location: Los Angeles Surviving Sectors
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2
Chiclo wrote:
Dr. Solar wrote:
Big Red wrote:
Do his pants look futuristic?

:?

In the future, all pants are futuristic.

Even pants that are "vintage" or "retro"?

Yes. Even them.

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:31 pm 
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:21 am
Posts: 2961
Location: Toronto Canada
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: ShadowMan
Favorite title: ShadowMan
Favorite writer: Dysart, Jordan
Chiclo wrote:
Dr. Solar wrote:
Big Red wrote:
Do his pants look futuristic?

:?

In the future, all pants are futuristic.


Even pants that are "vintage" or "retro"?


Bellbottoms for Rai.

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:47 pm 
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:33 pm
Posts: 37302
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
Crow331 wrote:
Where's Shadowman?? :evil:

That is my only gripe. I think Zeph looks perfect. I like the few changes I see.

Even if you have a nice coat of paint on your place for 20 years it's still nice to update it now and again :thumb:


:hm: If I had to guess, (and it IS only a guess, I have no "neener-neener knowledge") Shadowman will be something big that needs to be built up to. :cloud9:


I would have to say that as well. Not using a main "A list" character to lead off with makes me think they have something special up their sleeve.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:15 pm 
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 8:09 pm
Posts: 10434
Location: Los Angeles Surviving Sectors
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2
Daniel Jackson wrote:
I would have to say that as well. Not using a main "A list" character to lead off with makes me think they have something special up their sleeve.

I think the special something they have up their sleeve is more A-List characters than they can launch with.

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:29 pm 
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 4440
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA!
Heath wrote:
(except the shape of XO's helmet - there's something weird about that).


Agreed. It looks like a bike helmet. Hmm, they really haven't said how he got back from Planet Vine... nah. :P

_________________
All hail kjjohanson, winner of the bet!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:34 pm 
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 4440
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA!
Dr. Solar wrote:
Big Red wrote:
Do his pants look futuristic?

:?

In the future, all pants are futuristic.


I've been looking for a sig line. Can I borrow that for a few weeks? :lol:

_________________
All hail kjjohanson, winner of the bet!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:55 pm 
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:33 pm
Posts: 37302
Dr. Solar wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
I would have to say that as well. Not using a main "A list" character to lead off with makes me think they have something special up their sleeve.

I think the special something they have up their sleeve is more A-List characters than they can launch with.


Bah...you're no fun...


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:07 pm 
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:41 pm
Posts: 4440
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA!
Dr. Solar wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
Dr. Solar wrote:
Big Red wrote:
Do his pants look futuristic?

:?

In the future, all pants are futuristic.

Even pants that are "vintage" or "retro"?

Yes. Even them.


You guys are reminding me of this.

Image

_________________
All hail kjjohanson, winner of the bet!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:13 am 
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Posts: 2466
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
Crow331 wrote:
Where's Shadowman?? :evil:

That is my only gripe. I think Zeph looks perfect. I like the few changes I see.

Even if you have a nice coat of paint on your place for 20 years it's still nice to update it now and again :thumb:


:hm: If I had to guess, (and it IS only a guess, I have no "neener-neener knowledge") Shadowman will be something big that needs to be built up to. :cloud9:


One thing I noticed in that CBR article is that it said this, "Pierce said that he felt the company needed four series to start out with in order to be "relevant," but that he wants to grow slowly, adding perhaps two more titles within the next year." Well which 2 titles appear in that character splash that aren't announced titles?? RAI and ETERNAL WARRIOR ... If there are only 2 more titles coming in the next year then it looks like maybe Shadowman is not one of them :!:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:47 am 
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:21 am
Posts: 2961
Location: Toronto Canada
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: ShadowMan
Favorite title: ShadowMan
Favorite writer: Dysart, Jordan
Crow331 wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
Crow331 wrote:
Where's Shadowman?? :evil:

That is my only gripe. I think Zeph looks perfect. I like the few changes I see.

Even if you have a nice coat of paint on your place for 20 years it's still nice to update it now and again :thumb:


:hm: If I had to guess, (and it IS only a guess, I have no "neener-neener knowledge") Shadowman will be something big that needs to be built up to. :cloud9:


One thing I noticed in that CBR article is that it said this, "Pierce said that he felt the company needed four series to start out with in order to be "relevant," but that he wants to grow slowly, adding perhaps two more titles within the next year." Well which 2 titles appear in that character splash that aren't announced titles?? RAI and ETERNAL WARRIOR ... If there are only 2 more titles coming in the next year then it looks like maybe Shadowman is not one of them :!:


D'oh.

_________________
Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:58 am 
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:34 pm
Posts: 3643
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody
Crow331 wrote:
Well which 2 titles appear in that character splash that aren't announced titles?? RAI and ETERNAL WARRIOR ... If there are only 2 more titles coming in the next year then it looks like maybe Shadowman is not one of them :!:


I still am saying. Rai is in the current title launch. He will be the other artist within the Bloodshot line.

Two stories told within the same book. Parallel stories. Opposite books.

Sorta like the whole Magnus/Rai thing initially. Only STAYING within the time frame.

Have you seen Godfather 2? Remember how the parallel stories were told, flipping back and forth between the two lines, the rise of Michael Corleone AND of Vito Corleone.

That's my cool prediction for the Bloodshot line. Sticking to it. Which leaves space for the Shadowman, still.

_________________
Hey, look! I have a podcast!
And a Website!
http://www.valiantnewuniverse.com


If I win an argument, it doesn't mean I'm right. It means I'm a better arguer.

In addition, I'm right.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:42 am 
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:09 am
Posts: 524
Location: Lincolnton, Ga
Valiant fan since: Before the Anni-Padda...
Favorite character: X-O, Bloodshot, & Archer
kevinbastos wrote:
Crow331 wrote:
Well which 2 titles appear in that character splash that aren't announced titles?? RAI and ETERNAL WARRIOR ... If there are only 2 more titles coming in the next year then it looks like maybe Shadowman is not one of them :!:


I still am saying. Rai is in the current title launch. He will be the other artist within the Bloodshot line.

Two stories told within the same book. Parallel stories. Opposite books.

Sorta like the whole Magnus/Rai thing initially. Only STAYING within the time frame.

Have you seen Godfather 2? Remember how the parallel stories were told, flipping back and forth between the two lines, the rise of Michael Corleone AND of Vito Corleone.

That's my cool prediction for the Bloodshot line. Sticking to it. Which leaves space for the Shadowman, still.


I could get behind that idea.

_________________
Favorite books: All Valiant books, Green Lantern, Batman, Earth 2, Invincible, Five Ghosts, Uncanny Avengers, X, and The Sixth Gun.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: betterthanezra, Blood of Heroes, bobby97801, bygranddesign, Elveen, paradise, rkjock1, Rufusharley and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group