new UNITY 2000 #4-6 project

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

valiantdude
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!

Post by valiantdude »

wow...i never thought this would happen..apparently jim shooter and jj jackson are finishing unity 2000 4-6 as a fan project ...happened to catch it on jim's website...

JayJay here. The VALIANT Collector's Society asked me to make an announcement...

They have organized a special project of 100 Seven issue 1 comics signed by Jim Shooter, and several other creators who worked on the books, combined with a signed printout of issue 2, a CD with issue 2 in PDF format, a plot overview, character dossiers and much more extra stuff. And a COA from the VALIANT Collector's Society.

This special package is a benefit to help support this blog and to finance the Unity 2000 project. I'm helping organize and finalize the project and I'm also working on coloring the unpublished Unity 2000 issues. It should be a very interesting and fun thing.

so, did i miss this announcement here?

if that really happens i think it would be cool..

etos45
I live to be inefficient!
Re: new UNITY 2000 #4-6 project

Post by etos45 »

VCS is working on doing a trade that has all six issues. Jim is not involved outside of consulting with the plot, but the Seven project was helping with the financing. If it ever gets finished, it'll be an amazing project, though! :D

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Jim Shooter has the rights to publish comics based on characters that were last owned by Acclaim and now (I suppose) by VEI?

I'm intrigued but a little confused... :?

etos45

Post by etos45 »

jmatt wrote:Jim Shooter has the rights to publish comics based on characters that were last owned by Acclaim and now (I suppose) by VEI?

I'm intrigued but a little confused... :?
I -THINK- this has gotten VEI approval since they have no intention on pursuing this line anymore.

Don't quote me on that, though.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

didnt realize it was a trade, thought it was a strictly digital thing...
umm.. if they made a tpb and gave it out for free, i dont think it would be a big deal...i dont see how they could do that though financially. Sounds cool if they can do it since the art and most of the writing was done. I always thought it was lame it never was finished, even though it was pretty cheezy. It would be nice to have the final nail out put in the coffin to VH1..since the coffin was left half open..

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

Having looked around a bit, there are already 10,000 copies of this book in circulation? Apologies for not knowing much about this...

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

10,000 copies of what book?

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

valiantdude wrote:10,000 copies of what book?
The book you posted about, Seven #1. From what I read last night, this printed some time ago with a print run of 10,000, which is enormous for such a tiny, niche book.

The '100' offering is simply for signed copies at $50 apiece, or at least that how it looks to me. And, I might add, it looks like they've been trying to get people to sign up at that price for over a year.

I'd be interested in seeing Unity 2000 4-6. Seven, not so much.

IanAlexavier
Valiant. Back to basics.
Valiant. Back to basics.
Location: SE Michigan, 21 bound books done.. many more to go...

Post by IanAlexavier »

The Unity 2000 project has been around for a while. Some dedicated individuals have been laboring at this for some time.

Im not interested in the Seven project at all....

As far as having Mr. Shooter working on the Unity 2000 project.. well, Im guessing its a freebie? I dont think hes being paid.. although I may be wrong. Im not even sure he is working directly with anyone at VALIANT.. more with people at VCS.

iwantvaliant
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by iwantvaliant »

I am so ready for this project to be completed. I'm sure it will be epic!
My podcast reviews the Valiant trades: http://vepodcast.wordpress.com/
And my timeline on the original Valiant Universe: http://valiantfans.com/vctimeline/

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

sorry, i only posted the stuff about the seven book to highlight the unity 2000 project..

etos45

Post by etos45 »

jmatt wrote:
valiantdude wrote:10,000 copies of what book?
The book you posted about, Seven #1. From what I read last night, this printed some time ago with a print run of 10,000, which is enormous for such a tiny, niche book.

The '100' offering is simply for signed copies at $50 apiece, or at least that how it looks to me. And, I might add, it looks like they've been trying to get people to sign up at that price for over a year.

I'd be interested in seeing Unity 2000 4-6. Seven, not so much.
If I remember right, the Seven book was printed for a company (don't remember the name) but wasn't circulated to the public. The project is also for a copy of the unpublished #2, but it's just printed on regular paper (it isn't a comic, is what I'm trying to say).

I was interested originally when I thought that it was an actual comic of #2 and it was supposed to cost $25, but with the shipping problems, the increased price, and the no actual #2, I lost interest pretty quickly.

etos45

Post by etos45 »

iwantvaliantcomics wrote:I am so ready for this project to be completed. I'm sure it will be epic!
It really does sound like an epic project and it'd be a nice way to bring a close to the Acclaim universe.

1st Among Equals

Post by 1st Among Equals »

Don't mean to dig up old threads, but was this ever finished?

caxiotis
Wang, Wang, Wang, I want all of your books.
Wang, Wang, Wang, I want all of your books.
Valiant fan since: 1991

Post by caxiotis »

If I remember right, someone asked Dino if VEI would be ok with doing this project and they preferred that the project not be completed
Pull List: I only buy TPB's, HC's and Hellboy comics

JonesyAZ
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Ninjak #1!
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Emanuela Lupacchino

Post by JonesyAZ »

Bummer! I completely understand if VEI does not want this completed since they're now well into publishing new (and AMAZING) books. However, I was very interested in seeing this completed as a fanboy.

The thing is, it seems that Ryan and the Valiant Collector's Society website are no longer around? Is Ryan okay? Does anyone keep in touch with him? I thought about him the other day and hope all is well.
The "Unity Suite" ... in progress ...

cg1991cg
Working on the first full appearance of me
Working on the first full appearance of me
Valiant fan since: 2004
Favorite character: turok
Favorite title: turok

Post by cg1991cg »

What ever happened to this?

corey