Cultural Wormhole Presents: Valiant Future Podcast (Updated)

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
Re: Cultural Wormhole Presents: Valiant Future Podcast (Upda

Post by lorddunlow »

MarkRoseHFX wrote: Most of us HATE Harper though. Personally I don't and won't ever own a gun because I have no need or use for it. But i'm ok with the concept of people owning guns, though I do believe more steps need to be made to keep them out of the hands of crazy people.
My main thing with guns is they make killing someone too easy. If you had to kill someone with a knife, you'd think twice before trying it, knowing that they would likely be able to beat you senseless before you could kill them.

There is no hope for gun control anymore, though:
You can just print one at home that's made of plastic
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

MarkRoseHFX
smother you to death with a big pile of poutine
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Chiclo
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart,V-ditti,Kindt,Lemire
Favorite artist: Cary Nord

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

lorddunlow wrote:
MarkRoseHFX wrote: Most of us HATE Harper though. Personally I don't and won't ever own a gun because I have no need or use for it. But i'm ok with the concept of people owning guns, though I do believe more steps need to be made to keep them out of the hands of crazy people.
My main thing with guns is they make killing someone too easy. If you had to kill someone with a knife, you'd think twice before trying it, knowing that they would likely be able to beat you senseless before you could kill them.

Totally true about knives, at least in some cases. I've only had one pulled on me once and I beat the crap out of that dude.
Hell Yeah Valiant Comics! Tumblr - http://bit.ly/16xoK8x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://about.me/markrosehfx

PSN- gorakthebunny

Dynamite can suck my balls

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

MarkRoseHFX wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:

Totally true about knives, at least in some cases. I've only had one pulled on me once and I beat the crap out of that dude.
:funnypost:
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

MarkRoseHFX wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:

I knew a guy named Ben and one time this guy drew a gun on Ben trying to mug him. Ben was a large fellow - he played American football on some sort of line position. I told Ben he was foolish to keep the gun after taking it from his would-be mugger. I suggested that the gun should have been stored in a safe place until the people at the hospital retrieved it to give to the police.

MarkRoseHFX
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Chiclo
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart,V-ditti,Kindt,Lemire
Favorite artist: Cary Nord

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

Chiclo wrote:
MarkRoseHFX wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:

I knew a guy named Ben and one time this guy drew a gun on Ben trying to mug him. Ben was a large fellow - he played American football on some sort of line position. I told Ben he was foolish to keep the gun after taking it from his would-be mugger. I suggested that the gun should have been stored in a safe place until the people at the hospital retrieved it to give to the police.
Thankfully i've never had a gun pulled on me, I wouldn't mess with that.
Hell Yeah Valiant Comics! Tumblr - http://bit.ly/16xoK8x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://about.me/markrosehfx

PSN- gorakthebunny

Dynamite can suck my balls

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Does anyone else have problems listening to this podcast when downloaded from iTunes? It always ends abruptly before the podcast discussion is over? The May podcast cuts after about 10 minutes?

Adam
Working on the first full appearance of me

Post by Adam »

Hi Dallow,

I've not encountered any problems with the postcast. I'm not entirely sure why the download is interrupted, either. Maybe wait an hour and try to re-download the episode?

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Hi Adam, yeah tried downloading it twice and it cuts off both times before the end (when listening via my iPod). This happens with your podcast most months :? And has happened with another podcast ('fight for comics' I think?), but not with any others? Possibly my iPod's knackered if no one else has the same problem?

By the way, on the XO time travel question you guys had, whilst I can't profess to be able to explain it fully (I'm not Chiclo!), the reason Aric and the Vine priest are at a different time period to the Visigoth descendants on Loam is because Vine priest usually travel the universe spreading the religious teaching and have only recently returned to their home world. Presumably travelling through space effects time somehow!

PSB
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by PSB »

In this installment of Valiant Future, Adam, Joe, and Paul take a look at the latest books from Valiant Entertainment.

Subscribe to the show: RSS Feed & iTunes
Download: Valiant Future Episode 8

Valiant Books: X-O Manowar #13, Shadowman #7, Archer and Armstrong #10, Bloodshot #11, and Harbinger Wars #3.

Adam

Post by Adam »

Huzzah back in action!

PSB

Post by PSB »

Once again, Adam, Joe, and Paul have been brought together for the lab accident known as Valiant Future Episode 9. Come listen to them discuss the latest offerings from Valiant Entertainment. Klang!

Download: Valiant Future Episode 9

Valiant Books: Bloodshot #12, Harbinger #13, Shadowman #8, X-O Manowar #14, X-O Manowar #15, and Quantum and Woody #1.

hawkeyeps
Everybody gets some "little extras"

Post by hawkeyeps »

New Podcast!
NOMNOMNOM :D

Dr. Solar
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Spanked like a 4 year old in K-Mart.
Favorite character: Sven
Favorite title: Psi-Lords #2

Post by Dr. Solar »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:Hi Adam, yeah tried downloading it twice and it cuts off both times before the end (when listening via my iPod). This happens with your podcast most months :? And has happened with another podcast ('fight for comics' I think?), but not with any others? Possibly my iPod's knackered if no one else has the same problem?

By the way, on the XO time travel question you guys had, whilst I can't profess to be able to explain it fully (I'm not Chiclo!), the reason Aric and the Vine priest are at a different time period to the Visigoth descendants on Loam is because Vine priest usually travel the universe spreading the religious teaching and have only recently returned to their home world. Presumably travelling through space effects time somehow!
Some podcast devices only allow the first ten minutes of an audio clip to be downloaded when not using a wireless connection (as when using 3G, LTE, or something similar). It may be a function of your device.

Adam

Post by Adam »

hawkeyeps wrote:New Podcast!
NOMNOMNOM :D
I hope you enjoy it! :D
Dr. Solar wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:Hi Adam, yeah tried downloading it twice and it cuts off both times before the end (when listening via my iPod). This happens with your podcast most months :? And has happened with another podcast ('fight for comics' I think?), but not with any others? Possibly my iPod's knackered if no one else has the same problem?

Some podcast devices only allow the first ten minutes of an audio clip to be downloaded when not using a wireless connection (as when using 3G, LTE, or something similar). It may be a function of your device.
And there's your answer! Genius. :)

PSB

Post by PSB »

In this episode of Valiant Future Adam, Joe, and Paul say "'Sup" with Archer and Armstrong, and go skateboarding with Kris and Torque in Harbinger. Plus, more book discussion and Valiant Entertainment news. Oh, and we have a contest!

Download: Valiant Future Episode 10

Valiant Books in Review: Shadowman #9, Quantum and Woody #2, Archer and Armstrong #11, Archer and Armstrong #12, Harbinger Wars #4, Bloodshot #13, Harbinger #14, and Harbinger #15.

Adam

Post by Adam »

Hurrah!

PSB

Post by PSB »

In this episode of Valiant Future, Adam, Joe (via the Faraway), and Paul discuss the first issue of Eternal Warrior as well as other recent releases from Valiant Entertainment.

Download: Valiant Future Episode 11

Valiant Future - Bloodshot #0, X-O Manowar #16, Shadowman #10, Quantum and Woody #3, Archer and Armstrong #13, and Eternal Warrior #1.

PSB

Post by PSB »

In this installment of Valiant Future, Joe and Paul discuss the buzz from the New York Comic Con, plus they go over the latest offerings from Valiant Entertainment.

Download: Valiant Future Episode 12

Valiant Future -
Bloodshot and the HARD Corps #14 X-O Manowar #17, Harbinger #16, Shadowman #11, Quantum and Woody #4, Eternal Warrior #2, and Archer and Armstrong #14.

PSB

Post by PSB »

In this episode of Valiant Future, Adam, Joe, and Paul discuss the latest releases from Valiant Entertainment.

Download: Valiant Future Episode 13

Valiant Future - Bloodshot and the HARDCorps #15, Shadowman #12, Quantum and Woody #5, Archer and Armstrong #15, Harbinger #17, Harbinger #18, X-O Manowar #18, and Unity #1.

hawkeyeps

Post by hawkeyeps »

Great podcast, thanks guys :thumb:

Adam

Post by Adam »

Thanks for listening, and commenting!

PSB

Post by PSB »

While Adam goes missing in Torquehalla, Joe and Paul get busy discussing the latest Valiant buzz and the newest releases from Valiant Entertainment.

Download: Valiant Future Episode 14

Valiant Future - X-O Manowar #19, Unity #2, Eternal Warrior #3, Bloodshot and HARDCorps #16, Quantum and Woody #6, Shadowman #13, Archer and Armstrong #16, and Harbinger #19.

PSB

Post by PSB »

It's 2014 and Adam and Paul are back for new round of Valiant Entertainment news and reviews of books that came out just before and right after the holidays.

Download: Valiant Future Episode 15

Valiant Future - X-O Manowar #20, Eternal Warrior #4, Shadowman #14, Quantum and Woody #7, Bloodshot and the HARDCorps #17, Bloodshot and the HARDCorps #18, Archer and Armstrong #17, Harbinger #20, and Unity #3.

hawkeyeps

Post by hawkeyeps »

Great podcast, really nice over view of books and very concise as usual.

Thanks for sharing :thumb:

Adam

Post by Adam »

Glad you enjoyed the show! :D