How to do a Valiant Free View... in need of hints and tips!

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

peepholism
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: Harbinger
How to do a Valiant Free View... in need of hints and tips!

Post by peepholism »

Hi again. So posting my second n00b question in as many weeks...

I've been impressed/inspired during my lurking here at the generosity and determination to spread the word about Valiant. I've only been a Valiant (and comics for that matter) fan since mid-2012, so I don't have the long history/understanding of the "glory days" - but I love what Valiant are doing with the relaunch and want to help out if I can.

I don't have piles of "extra comics" to give away in peoples' pull-boxes, but I have an awesome LCS and money - so I was thinking the $1 debuts might be a perfect opportunity to create some buzz in the lead-up to Harbinger Wars.

I'm based in Australia and you could hardly say Valiant were a raging success here, so I figure every little bit helps.

I guess I want some tips and suggestions from those who have done these things before...and I also want to know whether it is frowned on to "donate" a reprint that is just coming out to a lot of people... even if I know that they won't be buying it otherwise!

Thanks in advance for the help - I know this topic is "covered" elsewhere, but I guess I wanted to work out how to apply your ideas to my particular situation!
Last edited by peepholism on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:28:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill
Re: How to do a free view / spread the love guidelines and t

Post by nonplayer »

I want a contest to follow my free view that way Ill be able to see the people who got the free view and see if they liked the book.
Just talk to your comic shop guy and see how meny subscriptions may like your intended issue.
Offer up that meny issues as your free view. Carson on this site has helped others with a kick squee flyer to go in the bag and board. And thats it your lcbs will do the rest.
Im thinking of putting a certificate in with my free view. Its going to be round and red;-) =bloodshot. On the back it will have instructions on how to win such item or book in the contest.
I Miss the good old days.

peepholism
Valiant fan since: 2012

Post by peepholism »

I was thinking like 50 issues - either Bloodshot and Harbinger #1 to 25 people, or just one issue to 50 people.

It will still be in the thick of Harbinger Wars and at $1 an issue I figure its cheap for me to spread the love far and wide!

The contest idea is a good one.

Do you think that sort of issue quantity is too little or too much?

nonplayer

Post by nonplayer »

It is up to you lcs person if they only have 50 subscribers and 10 are my little pony theyn you can count them out. Ask your store and see how meny people would be even interested and even if your lcbs is interested. I had one shop owner call it a scam or trick. "if people discover valiant them self fine but im not going to participate in some scam to get more readers for valiant" is what he said to me. So you need to talk to your lcbs owner and see if he wants you to order 50 comics for him to give to his subscribers.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

nonplayer wrote:I had one shop owner call it a scam or trick. "if people discover valiant them self fine but im not going to participate in some scam to get more readers for valiant" is what he said to me.
Good god, what an idiot. Where the heck would people already buying comics from him buy their Valiant if they liked it? FROM HIM!

That guy needs to starve. No one should give him money.

I always wondered what happened to the retarded kid that licked windows on the bus.

:!:

nonplayer
Re: How to do a Valiant Free View... in need of hints and ti

Post by nonplayer »

Im making a small vid of my project I WILL walk past his store. Just wait to see what projects I have up my sleeve.

slym2none
a typical message board assassin
a typical message board assassin
Re: How to do a Valiant Free View... in need of hints and ti

Post by slym2none »

Congrats, you made the CGC board!

:P

-slym
Some people spend their whole lives believing in fairy tales, usually because they don't want to give up the fabulous prizes.

MarkRoseHFX
smother you to death with a big pile of poutine
smother you to death with a big pile of poutine
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Chiclo
Favorite writer: Dysart,V-ditti,Kindt,Lemire
Favorite artist: Cary Nord

Post by MarkRoseHFX »

greg wrote:
nonplayer wrote:I had one shop owner call it a scam or trick. "if people discover valiant them self fine but im not going to participate in some scam to get more readers for valiant" is what he said to me.
Good god, what an idiot. Where the heck would people already buying comics from him buy their Valiant if they liked it? FROM HIM!

That guy needs to starve. No one should give him money.

I always wondered what happened to the retarded kid that licked windows on the bus.

:!:
facepalm i'd love to hear him explain how giving people free books is a "scam" or "trick". I guess by that logic he doesn't participate in FCBD. I bet he also ate a lot of paste as a kid too.
Hell Yeah Valiant Comics! Tumblr - http://bit.ly/16xoK8x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://about.me/markrosehfx

PSN- gorakthebunny

Dynamite can suck my balls