VALIANT June 2013 Solicits

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada
Re: VALIANT June 2013 Solicits

Post by BugsySig »

pixierosa wrote:He had some odd tweets the other morning that he has since removed, something about the main purpose of a comic is to entertain.... related it to thinking anything otherwise being an ego thing. He also tweeted something about just because someone researches on "x" - it was an ancient place in India I believe - doesn't make you an expert... Wish I could remember more details.

I was wondering what was up - seemed like he had a beef with someone. Then I saw the solicitations later... Definitely something going on.
As much as I have enjoyed Patch's work for VALIANT, this wouldn't be the first time he's had "creative differences" with someone. Take that for what you will.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

bygranddesign
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by bygranddesign »

I hope they are able to keep Patch - Maybe he can have full creative control on a new title.

I do like de la torre's pages at the end of issue 5 - it has a dark griddy feel that would work well with this title.

Do we know who will be doing the art for issue 6?

On a related side note - what comics does Dave Johnson work on? I love his variant covers for Shadowman
Ha! Yeah! Nice! Any of those dudes in your head mosh?! - Flamingo

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

All these Zircher rumours are rather distressing! I didn't even notice he wasn't listed in the credits at all for Shadowman #7 (other than the cover). Hopefully it's just because he's doing a Suicide Squad stint... :(
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GGSAE
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.

Post by GGSAE »

grendeljd wrote:All these Zircher rumours are rather distressing! I didn't even notice he wasn't listed in the credits at all for Shadowman #7 (other than the cover). Hopefully it's just because he's doing a Suicide Squad stint... :(
I know, the names of the interior artists are unheard of to me. I hope it's as good as the previous issues, Shadowman is one of my favorites.

cavemold
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.

Post by cavemold »

Probably in July

grendeljd
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

GGSAE wrote:
grendeljd wrote:All these Zircher rumours are rather distressing! I didn't even notice he wasn't listed in the credits at all for Shadowman #7 (other than the cover). Hopefully it's just because he's doing a Suicide Squad stint... :(
I know, the names of the interior artists are unheard of to me. I hope it's as good as the previous issues, Shadowman is one of my favorites.
I'm pretty certain those are the other two artists that drew the other portions of #5 that Patch didn't do... Garbett was, anyway - & De La Torre was probably the fellow who drew the Deadside scenes with Master Darque & Baron Samedi [don't have the issue in front of me to check]. Thats good for consistency's sake, but I am still worried about Zircher leaving the title.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

grendeljd wrote:
GGSAE wrote:
I'm pretty certain those are the other two artists that drew the other portions of #5 that Patch didn't do... Garbett was, anyway - & De La Torre was probably the fellow who drew the Deadside scenes with Master Darque & Baron Samedi [don't have the issue in front of me to check]. Thats good for consistency's sake, but I am still worried about Zircher leaving the title.
Yes. Garbett did the scenes with Jack, De La Torre did the Deadside scenes and Zircher did the scene with Samedi's follower and Dr. Mirage.

GGSAE

Post by GGSAE »

I liked those deadside scenes, they were pretty cool; but I don't know how I feel about jumping around to different artists like that.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

GGSAE wrote:I liked those deadside scenes, they were pretty cool; but I don't know how I feel about jumping around to different artists like that.
If its only between two artists to denote a tonal shift (like the Deadside, or the "memories" in Bloodshot, or the flashbacks in Harbinger) then I think it's fine. More than that and it can disrupt the storytelling. I think in the case of Shadowman #5 it was fine, but was likely more out of necessity than anything.