Bloodshot 9 availability

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Bloodshot 9 availability

Post by kjjohanson »

I went into Midtown Comics after work today. Picked up A&A and saw an empty spot on the shelf for Bloodshot with a sign indicating the variant is behind the counter. Asked one of the staff if they had the regular version and he said they sold out. Any one else have trouble finding one?
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

drmirage
WOW! OMG BBQ! Thats crazy!
WOW! OMG BBQ! Thats crazy!
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite writer: BWS
Re: Bloodshot 9 availability

Post by drmirage »

Bloodshot #9 has 2 covers.

A regular Henry Cover which is available everywhere and the 1:20 Andrasofzsky.

swtor1091
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: May 2012
Favorite character: Flamingo
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by swtor1091 »

No but I didn't get the gamma and bloodshot cover that I really REALLY wanted... Does anyone have a copy I can buy :)
A shameful plug to the book i am currently writing. Please like my page so when I try to publish it I already have a following... https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Blac ... 9693235948" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kjjohanson
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

drmirage wrote:Bloodshot #9 has 2 covers.

A regular Henry Cover which is available everywhere and the 1:20 Andrasofzsky.
Yes. Just pointing out that the regular version was sold out day of release at one of NYC's biggest stores. Usually they have plenty of every issue for several months on the shelf.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

iwantvaliant
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by iwantvaliant »

@ValiantComics posted this on Twitter 14 hours ago.
Can't find Bloodshot #9? Let us know! We're getting reports of sell outs within a matter of hours. #HarbingerWarsIsComing #comicmarket
My podcast reviews the Valiant trades: http://vepodcast.wordpress.com/
And my timeline on the original Valiant Universe: http://valiantfans.com/vctimeline/

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

My LCS had a few copies & the 1:20 variant, but for whatever reason every single regular cover copy was seriously beaten up! I'm talking multiple random deep creases several inches long &/or small tears all over, &/or fully bent corners (as in every single page flattened back on an angle, not just the cover)... They were all extremely messed up. I'm going to have to hunt down a better copy somehow. :?
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MarrowMan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Favorite character: ShadowMan
Favorite title: ShadowMan
Favorite writer: Dysart, Jordan

Post by MarrowMan »

Diamond sent out tons of books with no dividers in the boxes! Tons of books were dinged and damaged at my store (It could be isolated, I dunno) But my LCS's Bloodshot 9 and loads of others may have been sent back.

Bubba
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Sting

Post by Bubba »

My lcs sent all 15 copies he ordered. Every one had significant damage to them.
It was only bloodshot number nine. A& A and everything else that was ordered was fine.
Owner thinks that it might have happened at the printer, if it did, Dimond should have not sent them to the stores?

Right?

grendeljd
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Bubba wrote:My lcs sent all 15 copies he ordered. Every one had significant damage to them.
It was only bloodshot number nine. A& A and everything else that was ordered was fine.
Owner thinks that it might have happened at the printer, if it did, Dimond should have not sent them to the stores?

Right?
Yeah - same here, everything else was in great shape including A&A #8. Can't say if it was a printer error...
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

I was able to get my copies but the store was already sold out after Wend.

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

carter3175

Post by carter3175 »

Just about every Valiant book that I have bought from my LCS is beat to hell. Its really disappointing.

chriskay99
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Location: The surrounding metropolitan area of Los Angeles, CA

Post by chriskay99 »

My copies of Bloodshot and A&A from last week both have huge creases on interior pages. And my LCS barely orders extra copies of anything Valiant, so it was sold out at mine too, but that's not saying a lot.
Black Science. Lazarus. Birthright. Saga. Manifest Destiny. Deadly Class.

Xtianhardy
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 1995
Favorite character: Pete Stanchek

Post by Xtianhardy »

MarrowMan wrote:Diamond sent out tons of books with no dividers in the boxes! Tons of books were dinged and damaged at my store (It could be isolated, I dunno) But my LCS's Bloodshot 9 and loads of others may have been sent back.
Yeah I got a damaged copy too. *SQUEE* me off so much I went on a rant to my lady about it and it's basically left me deciding to keep the books on my pull list until Harby Wars and then I'm likely gonna drop everything and buy the ones I really want in trades and the rest digitally.
This is probably the third or fourth Valiant book I've picked up with mangled pages or a bent up cover. Why the hell am I paying cover price for something that is effectively rendered worthless before I even buy it?
"We are what we imagine ourselves to be" - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Xtianhardy wrote:
MarrowMan wrote:Diamond sent out tons of books with no dividers in the boxes! Tons of books were dinged and damaged at my store (It could be isolated, I dunno) But my LCS's Bloodshot 9 and loads of others may have been sent back.
Yeah I got a damaged copy too. *SQUEE* me off so much I went on a rant to my lady about it and it's basically left me deciding to keep the books on my pull list until Harby Wars and then I'm likely gonna drop everything and buy the ones I really want in trades and the rest digitally.
This is probably the third or fourth Valiant book I've picked up with mangled pages or a bent up cover. Why the hell am I paying cover price for something that is effectively rendered worthless before I even buy it?
I've had a few (three I think) issues so far with top to bottom creases inside on multiple pages. Never had any with bent up covers. Hoping I get off easy this time and get a good copy, but we'll see in a couple weeks when I get my shipment. Is there any way we can find out if this is a printer issue versus a distributor issue? With the damage in mine I assumed it was the printer since the damage was all internal and they looked fine from the outside and the edge cuttings were all equal.

As for the comics being rendered worthless, I guess that depends on what their worth is based on. I'm only in it for the story and the characters, and those haven't been impacted besides the slight distraction when reading. Mine aren't for sale, so I'm not worried about sale value. To each his own of course...
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

ShotsOfBlood
Working on the first full appearance of me
Working on the first full appearance of me
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Bloodshot

Post by ShotsOfBlood »

I cannot comment on BS9, but I ordered some current back issues online and they ALL look like they were run over by a truck. Not torn up, but major denting on the covers, lots of impression-bleed-through on the cover (as in, I can open the cover and see and feel ripples where the title of the book was printed. How thin are these covers?).

I will also state the few books I get monthly (non-valiant) locally were all jacked up, and that was from a couple different shops across two counties. These had some pretty severe corner dings, what you would see from someone dropping the shipping box.

The covers on the valiants though, look like it all happened at the publisher or before they even got to Diamond. What gives?

Xtianhardy
Valiant fan since: 1995
Favorite character: Pete Stanchek

Post by Xtianhardy »

Phoenix8008 wrote:
As for the comics being rendered worthless, I guess that depends on what their worth is based on. I'm only in it for the story and the characters, and those haven't been impacted besides the slight distraction when reading. Mine aren't for sale, so I'm not worried about sale value. To each his own of course...
I'm talking monetary worth. I get free digital previews of the Valiant books, so for the most part, my print copies of single issues are unread. They go straight from the store into the polybag. Mostly, this is so that I can go back and read it later on and know (for my own personal satisfaction as a collector) that the issue has been kept in good condition.

That said, I do see single issues as being more of an investment than trade paperbacks, which I buy simply to read and collect with no intention of ever selling. If Valiant books go up in price, I could definitely see myself selling off all my single issues. Same as any other series I collect. So yeah, I do collect single issues in hopes that some day they will be worth something in the long run. If I'm paying 4.00 for cover price, then that cover better damn well be worth 4.00 when I pay for it, and not be worthless in a collector's market due some bent up cover thanks to Diamond or whoever is responsible.

:rant:
"We are what we imagine ourselves to be" - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

bygranddesign
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek

Post by bygranddesign »

I agree with Xianhardy ... most of us have limited funds and so it's reasonable to want to receive and keep your comics in the best shape you can get them in just in case you need to sell part, most, or all of your collection at some point. You never know when you might fall into hard times - Medical issues, Loss of job..etc. And sometimes you just need to sell some comics in order to buy more comics 8-) - I don't think any of us are in this to make money on Valiant but especially if I have multiple issues of the same comic - I'm gonna sell some comics in order for me to continue to fund my valiant variant habit.
Ha! Yeah! Nice! Any of those dudes in your head mosh?! - Flamingo

hawkeyeps
Everybody gets some "little extras"
Everybody gets some "little extras"

Post by hawkeyeps »

I think it is much the same as buying a hail damaged car, it will work the same but it doesn't look good and it definetly effects the resale value.

Would anyone pay full price for a hail damaged car? Selling damaged goods for full price is just not cool, obviously there is a problem, why can't it be fixed?

And well we're on the sublect what happened to the heavier paper stock we had for XO #10 and Harbinger#9? We all loved it and now it seems to be gone. :?