BWS Checklist.....

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

I also forgot about the Epics (unforgiveable!), AND all the Image stuff....which, of course, is entirely forgiveable. ;)

What really excites me is that there were very few 'surprises' (like Iron Man #243...dint know that!) on the list.

Yay!

stjamesdawson
Working on the first full appearance of me
Smith GbP "Return to Health" Print

Post by stjamesdawson »

Checklist-wise, has anyone mentioned Smith's "Return to Health" print, sent out by Gorblimey (at no charge) after BWS had recuperated from some hiatus-necessitating health problem in the 1970s? I assume that these were sent to "regular customers" of GbP, but I have no idea what determined who got them. I had ordered copies of all GbP prints issued up to that time, which I assume is how I rated getting one. It measures about 19 inches tall by 9.5 inches wide, printed on cream-color heavy stock with b/w art, and features St. George fighting a dragon at top, a tall female warrior-angel holding a trident, a shield with the British flag emblem, and a lion's head. At the bottom it says, "To friends and associates of GbP, in gratitude for your patience and support. Barry Smith returns to health with thanks. We remain The Gorblimey Press (and the address)." Rare? Priceless?
Last edited by stjamesdawson on Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:29:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Re: Smith GbP "Return to Health" Print

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

stjamesdawson wrote:Checklist-wise, has anyone mentioned Smith's "Return to Health" print, sent out by Gorblimey (at no charge) after BWS had recuperated from some hiatus-necessitating health problem in the 1970s? I assume that these were sent to "regular customers" of GbP, but I have no idea what determined who got them. I had ordered copies of all GbP prints issued up to that time, which I assume is how I rated getting one. It measures about 19 inches tall by 9.5 inches wide, printed on cream-color heavy stock with b/w art, and features St. George fighting a dragon at top, a tall female warrior-angel holding a trident, a shield with the British flag emblem, and a lion's head. At the bottom it says, "To friends and associates of GbP, in gratitude for your patience and support. Barry Smith returns to health with thanks. We remain The Gorblimey Press (and the address)." Rare? Priceless?
Post a pic!

stjamesdawson

Post by stjamesdawson »

I'll take a pic and upload it later -- for now, though, a question: My post about the "return to health" print was my first on this message board. How do I get rid of the line that appears below my username? I have no idea why the line "paulsmith56 is my hero" appears below "stjamesdawson." That is not something I typed, selected, or want on my posts (even if "paulsmith56" might be a lovely person). Any advice?

stjamesdawson

Post by stjamesdawson »

Wait, now the line below my user name changed to "Rai and the Future Posts." What the...? -- Newbie

mrwoogieman
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.

Post by mrwoogieman »

stjamesdawson wrote:Wait, now the line below my user name changed to "Rai and the Future Posts." What the...? -- Newbie
Welcome to the boards! The entry below your user name is based upon the number of posts you make here and it changes as your post count moves up. The Paul Smith line is reserved for ONE post users only and comes from a user who came on here professing his love for all things valiant in a great first post only to never post again....

:thumb:
:hm:

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

mrwoogieman wrote:
stjamesdawson wrote:Wait, now the line below my user name changed to "Rai and the Future Posts." What the...? -- Newbie
Welcome to the boards! The entry below your user name is based upon the number of posts you make here and it changes as your post count moves up. The Paul Smith line is reserved for ONE post users only and comes from a user who came on here professing his love for all things valiant in a great first post only to never post again....

He went looking for punctuation, and got lost.

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

ZephyrWasHOT!! wrote:
mrwoogieman wrote:

I just tried to click on the "Find all posts made by
paulsmith56.wanadoo.co.uk link" under his name and it says "No topics or posts met your search criteria". Have we lost the only post made by the great Paul Smith?

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

Daniel Jackson wrote:
ZephyrWasHOT!! wrote:
mrwoogieman wrote:

paulsmith56.wanadoo.co.uk link" under his name and it says "No topics or posts met your search criteria". Have we lost the only post made by the great Paul Smith?
That search function is wonky....Paul's post is still here:

http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... ght=#25740

Along with the response by that ratbastich TLC....Greg really should get rid of that stupid avatar pic he has.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

ZephyrWasHOT!! wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:
ZephyrWasHOT!! wrote:
mrwoogieman wrote:

That search function is wonky....Paul's post is still here:

http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... ght=#25740

Along with the response by that ratbastich TLC....Greg really should get rid of that stupid avatar pic he has.
Good, you found it. I was getting a little worried that we might have lost that ol' gem.
paulsmith56.wanadoo.co.uk wrote:hello i am new here and do not have much experianc with the web and message boards so please be kind am am a big fan of x-o manowar and am intrested in buying back issues of vol one so if any of you can point me in the right direction that would really be apreciated i think the site is fantastic and i can not understand why these great charicters are being left in limbo when all the other big companys are goingmuking out thesame old stuff month by month thank you for your time :kidaround:
I wonder if he ever got the X-O issues he wanted?

stjamesdawson
Smith GbP "Return to Health" Print

Post by stjamesdawson »

If I've managed to upload correctly, the mid-1970s Barry Smith (as he was then known) "Return to Health" print should be below. (If it isn't, simply go to the URL http://www.geocities.com/stjamespl.geo/ ... hprint.jpg to see it.)

I'll probably put this up for bids on eBay within a few weeks -- I will post a notice here when I do, in case anyone is interested! Enjoy!

[img]http://www.geocities.com/stjamespl.geo/ ... hprint.jpg[/img]

dac55
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Welcome

Post by dac55 »

Welcome to the boards.

David

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes