Khari Evans

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Bone-A-Fach-ee
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: '92
Favorite character: Tony Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger/Imperium
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Khari Evans

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

Maybe this should go in the Marvel/DC/Independent thread, but I thought since it was Khari Evans, it belonged here too?

Anyway, I'm reading Immortal Iron Fist by Matt Fraction/Ed Brubaker with art by David Aja. Aja skips a few issues here and there, and one of the fill in artists for issue #15 (I think) was Khari Evans.
I have to say, Evan's art in this issue is much better than what I've seen him do in Harbinger. Granted, it was 1 issue around 6/7 years ago, so maybe he had plenty of time? I don't know. But that issue was incredible art IMO, vs his artwork on his run in Harbinger.

Just my opinion, and wanted to know if anyone else felt the same? Or different?

The Dirt Gang
Valiant fan since: VH1 Unity #1
Favorite writer: Shooter/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS
Re: Khari Evans

Post by The Dirt Gang »

I've not read that book. But I was also one that wasn't sold on Evans artwork but I've come around. It doesn't bother me like it once did and I think I might even kind of like it.
Multum In Parvo

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

That was excellent work (I had to go back and look). I think he is striking out a bit to find a more unique style. And when he does have time, his work is pretty awesome. I constantly think about Harbinger #1 and how the first few pages were very meh and likely rushed in order to put out those preview pages. Then the last 2/3 of the book and issue 2 are flat out sick (IMHO).

Interestingly enough, one of my favorite Iron Fist stories from that run was by Dwayne S. I didn't even realize it until years later. It's the one with. Future Iron Fist who sacrifices herself and possesses a bunch of machines with her chi in order to defeat the baddie. It's good stuff. Reminded me of Rai.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

Bone-A-Fach-ee

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

BugsySig wrote:That was excellent work (I had to go back and look). I think he is striking out a bit to find a more unique style. And when he does have time, his work is pretty awesome. I constantly think about Harbinger #1 and how the first few pages were very meh and likely rushed in order to put out those preview pages. Then the last 2/3 of the book and issue 2 are flat out sick (IMHO).

Interestingly enough, one of my favorite Iron Fist stories from that run was by Dwayne S. I didn't even realize it until years later. It's the one with. Future Iron Fist who sacrifices herself and possesses a bunch of machines with her chi in order to defeat the baddie. It's good stuff. Reminded me of Rai.
Haven't gotten to that one yet. Now.... no need to read it..... :cry:

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

I wonder if the colouring style changes the way his art looks? If you look at the art in Carbon Grey it is downright beautiful.

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:
BugsySig wrote:That was excellent work (I had to go back and look). I think he is striking out a bit to find a more unique style. And when he does have time, his work is pretty awesome. I constantly think about Harbinger #1 and how the first few pages were very meh and likely rushed in order to put out those preview pages. Then the last 2/3 of the book and issue 2 are flat out sick (IMHO).

facepalm
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

BugsySig
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

myron wrote:
Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:

facepalm
Haha...sorry...I dont feel the need to spoiler tag something thats 5 years old :P

Though studies show spoilers do not effect ones enjoyment of the product. So read it anyway...its good...and had cool art too :thumb:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

Bone-A-Fach-ee

Post by Bone-A-Fach-ee »

BugsySig wrote:
myron wrote:
Bone-A-Fach-ee wrote:

facepalm
Haha...sorry...I dont feel the need to spoiler tag something thats 5 years old :P

Though studies show spoilers do not effect ones enjoyment of the product. So read it anyway...its good...and had cool art too :thumb:
Just bustin balls! Gonna read it and I'm sure love it too! :thumb: