Organising your collection

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Re: Organising your collection

Post by kjjohanson »

Baramos wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:I don't separate pre-Unity from the rest of the run. Not sure why someone would. I have them separated into the three eras, and I also have my Gold Key, Dark Horse, and now Dynamite series of the GK3 adjacent to these as well.

The biggest question for me is whether to file The Second Life of Doctor Mirage under "D" or "S" and whether to file H.A.R.D.Corps before or after Harbinger, because of the period.
Doctor Mirage under "D", H.A.R.D. Corps. after Harbinger. There you're decided! :P

EDIT: I don't really have justification for the second one, but think about it: if you had a collection of "The Adventures of Superman" comics, you wouldn't file it under "A", would you?
See my post above. All of my Adventures of Superman are with my Superman books under "S." Series are in chronologocal order by release, so it's Action, Superman/Adventures of Superman, Superman, Man of Steel, Man of Tomorrow, and if/when I get any new 52 stuff it will be with all the other New 52 books, since that's a separate timeline, and all under "S" (probably with Action first, since that was historically the first title). Same thing with New 52 Batman - "Detective" was historically the older title, so that gets filed before "Batman"
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Re: Organising your collection

Post by grendeljd »

I've almost always sorted strictly alphabetical, regardless of publisher. However, I did separate out my old Valiant stuff into its own longbox around the launch of VEI in 2012, and I keep my VEI books separately & alphabetical as well in two short boxes.

More recently I also decided to separate out my Marvel New Universe comics into their own short box as well...
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;