Wow again at A&A 12 and 13

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

bamaphilosopher
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1, 1991
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart, Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Lupacchino, BWS, Lapham
Wow again at A&A 12 and 13

Post by bamaphilosopher »

Hello, all, I was rereading the Archer and Armstrong issues, and I guess at first read it didn't hit me how important issue 12 could be. It's kind of like reading the VH1 Rai 0 in some ways, the way Ivar makes some prophecies about the future in the Valiant universe: Archer getting together with Faith as the love of his life, and destroying Bloodshot (? - they really going to do this?). And then issue 13, where Ivar drops the hint that Armstrong's body will one day consist of nanites.

Okay, I'm kind of blown away about the implications of these things, on second read. I guess it does rule out Faith as being the Harbinger killed (unless Ivar was seeing an alternate future, though I think that would be a lame cop-out).

Anyway, very cool! I must say Archer and Armstrong is one of the better VEI titles, which surprises me because, other than the BWS issues, I could not stand the original VH1 title.

:thumb:
For my Valiant: Kindle Worlds stories, check out my amazon author central page, http://www.amazon.com/Richmond-West/e/B ... 204&sr=8-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sort by price low to high, and the Valiant Kindle Worlds stories will pop to the top. :)

Ramses818
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Re: Wow again at A&A 12 and 13

Post by Ramses818 »

No one said he was right...remember even he said it was a lot of info and not all of it may be correct. The future may not be as "solid" as in vh1....lots more to Ivar still!

bygranddesign
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by bygranddesign »

The Far Far Away Arc is probably my favorite VEI arc - its consistently strong from beginning to end.

I personaly believe that Ivar's revelations ... were one of many possibilities that he saw happen while imprisoned in the continua.

BTW, The bar crawl through time issue which is the 2nd issue of Sect Civil War arc is also a great read.

FVL consistently delivers some of the best issues .. he's up there with Dysart for me.
Ha! Yeah! Nice! Any of those dudes in your head mosh?! - Flamingo

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

bamaphilosopher wrote:Hello, all, I was rereading the Archer and Armstrong issues, and I guess at first read it didn't hit me how important issue 12 could be. It's kind of like reading the VH1 Rai 0 in some ways, the way Ivar makes some prophecies about the future in the Valiant universe: Archer getting together with Faith as the love of his life, and destroying Bloodshot (? - they really going to do this?). And then issue 13, where Ivar drops the hint that Armstrong's body will one day consist of nanites.

Okay, I'm kind of blown away about the implications of these things, on second read. I guess it does rule out Faith as being the Harbinger killed (unless Ivar was seeing an alternate future, though I think that would be a lame cop-out).

Anyway, very cool! I must say Archer and Armstrong is one of the better VEI titles, which surprises me because, other than the BWS issues, I could not stand the original VH1 title.

:thumb:
You should check the "published issues" threads. This was discussed at length. One of the more important things, I think, is that "Faith" doesn't necessarily mean the Harbinger Renegade. That just happens to be the only person named Faith we've met in the Valiant Universe so far. It could also be someone's codename, which would be appropriate considering Archer's (and Mary Maria's!) upbringing.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

bamaphilosopher
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1, 1991
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart, Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Lupacchino, BWS, Lapham

Post by bamaphilosopher »

Well, you guys raise good points that Ivar could have seen an alternate future, or that it could be another "Faith."

However, I think that would kind of be lame, personally. :)

And yes, I should have checked the published issue threads, but I figured this one was a while back.

Oh, and I agree about the barhopping through time issue...that was quite memorable. :thumb:
For my Valiant: Kindle Worlds stories, check out my amazon author central page, http://www.amazon.com/Richmond-West/e/B ... 204&sr=8-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sort by price low to high, and the Valiant Kindle Worlds stories will pop to the top. :)