Speculation on which titles are continuing and how

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...
Re: Speculation on which titles are continuing and how

Post by leonmallett »

kjjohanson wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
leonmallett wrote:I'd like there to be a new VALIANT Visitor, and even recreate the idea of a mystery - with someone new.
I said waaaaaay back that the new Visitor should be Phil Seleski..it would be a great way to reintroduce the character with an adjusted power-set and new alter-ego...Suck my balls, Dynamite.
What would be better though, a new character called Phil Seleski/Visitor, or a mystery character, using the old conceit but with a new mystery? :hm:
No one wants to re-read a mystery they've read before.
Ah, I cunningly side-stepped that one though! :)
VEI - I look forward to you one day publishing MORE than 9-10 books per month

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Updating intial post to show Bloodshot #24 in October, as well as Rai going on hiatus after issue #4 till #5 in December to keep Crain on the art. All confirmed via Kjjohanson's Special Edition report thread.
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

cdgodin
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti

Post by cdgodin »

Phoenix8008 wrote:Updating intial post to show Bloodshot #24 in October, as well as Rai going on hiatus after issue #4 till #5 in December to keep Crain on the art. All confirmed via Kjjohanson's Special Edition report thread.
Don't forget A&A 24 & 25! (confirmed by the Newsarama article)

Phoenix8008

Post by Phoenix8008 »

cdgodin wrote:
Phoenix8008 wrote:Updating intial post to show Bloodshot #24 in October, as well as Rai going on hiatus after issue #4 till #5 in December to keep Crain on the art. All confirmed via Kjjohanson's Special Edition report thread.
Don't forget A&A 24 & 25! (confirmed by the Newsarama article)
Interesting. It says #25 in October, so #24 must be in September since #23 is in August and confirmed. I'll add those as well!
Viva la Valiant!

Phoenix8008

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Also added Q2: The Return of Quantum and Woody (#1 of 5) which will likely be October's #1 for Valiant First.
Viva la Valiant!

leonmallett

Post by leonmallett »

I am curious to see whether the hiatuses have any negative impact on the titles in question.

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong

Post by kjjohanson »

Phoenix8008 wrote:Also added Q2: The Return of Quantum and Woody (#1 of 5) which will likely be October's #1 for Valiant First.
Just a note that they didn't specifically indicate that Q2 was part of Valiant First. Actually I recall there being some mention along the lines of Dr. Mirage being the final bit of the Valiant First initiative.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

** Edited on 18 May 2014 after confirming August books: Since VEI has stated they aren't going to do more than 9 titles per month for now, I removed the Eternal Warrior #9 and Shadowman Prospective entries from September. With the 3 Armor Hunters mini series ending in September, that will leave 3 slots to be filled in for October. One of those three slots should be a new #1 of something we haven't heard about yet (as of 18 May 2014 at least). That leaves 2 other openings to be filled. Maybe Eternal Warrior returning, or Shadowman, or both?

With throwing EW back in during September, that would violate the rule of 10 titles. Of course maybe they don't bring Shadowman back right away after the End Times mini, but I'm guessing they do. And unless they want to really *SQUEE* off alot of people, they shouldn't stop Harbinger. Especially since stopping it at the point where the AH:Harbinger three parter begins mean waiting awhile to get the big #25 issue arc finale. So I think they'll do #25 at the very least in July alongside the mini #1. If it goes into hiatus after that or not, we'll see. But if they didn't have EW and Shadowman, and Harbinger, then there would only be like 8 titles on many of those months.

What do you think is more likely?
September will be an interesting month. I think the one other book that is likely is whatever Cary Nord is currently working on, whether that be EW or and XO #0. Because the Delinquents wraps up that month and Q2 launches at the same time, that opens up another space for October, which is where Harbinger and/or Shadowman can fit in. And if the Nord book is XO #0, then that would leave a second spot to be filled by the other. If the Nord book is EW, I'd expect a 3-issue arc before Rai returns.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

Phoenix8008

Post by Phoenix8008 »

BugsySig wrote:
** Edited on 18 May 2014 after confirming August books: Since VEI has stated they aren't going to do more than 9 titles per month for now, I removed the Eternal Warrior #9 and Shadowman Prospective entries from September. With the 3 Armor Hunters mini series ending in September, that will leave 3 slots to be filled in for October. One of those three slots should be a new #1 of something we haven't heard about yet (as of 18 May 2014 at least). That leaves 2 other openings to be filled. Maybe Eternal Warrior returning, or Shadowman, or both?

With throwing EW back in during September, that would violate the rule of 10 titles. Of course maybe they don't bring Shadowman back right away after the End Times mini, but I'm guessing they do. And unless they want to really *SQUEE* off alot of people, they shouldn't stop Harbinger. Especially since stopping it at the point where the AH:Harbinger three parter begins mean waiting awhile to get the big #25 issue arc finale. So I think they'll do #25 at the very least in July alongside the mini #1. If it goes into hiatus after that or not, we'll see. But if they didn't have EW and Shadowman, and Harbinger, then there would only be like 8 titles on many of those months.

September will be an interesting month. I think the one other book that is likely is whatever Cary Nord is currently working on, whether that be EW or and XO #0. Because the Delinquents wraps up that month and Q2 launches at the same time, that opens up another space for October, which is where Harbinger and/or Shadowman can fit in. And if the Nord book is XO #0, then that would leave a second spot to be filled by the other. If the Nord book is EW, I'd expect a 3-issue arc before Rai returns.
September? Delinquents is only on #2 of 4 in September. Do you mean December? September's 9 slots are all filled already. And Q2 launches in October when Delinquents should go thru till November. ???
kjjohanson wrote:Just a note that they didn't specifically indicate that Q2 was part of Valiant First. Actually I recall there being some mention along the lines of Dr. Mirage being the final bit of the Valiant First initiative.
That's why I put question marks by it for being that month's #1 title (if it is included in Valiant First). Since they haven't announced anything else yet though, I'm putting it there for now.
Viva la Valiant!

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Phoenix8008 wrote:
BugsySig wrote:

September? Delinquents is only on #2 of 4 in September. Do you mean December? September's 9 slots are all filled already. And Q2 launches in October when Delinquents should go thru till November. ???
kjjohanson wrote:Just a note that they didn't specifically indicate that Q2 was part of Valiant First. Actually I recall there being some mention along the lines of Dr. Mirage being the final bit of the Valiant First initiative.
That's why I put question marks by it for being that month's #1 title (if it is included in Valiant First). Since they haven't announced anything else yet though, I'm putting it there for now.
I got my months all screwed up... facepalm ...I meant October would be interesting because there's at least one slot open. After that, yes December is where another slot opens with the end of Delinquents, but I guess Rai comes back and takes that.

Phoenix8008

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Hopefully we'll be getting solicitations for September soon to officially tell us what is coming out for sure, although I think we've got that month pretty well locked in place for their 9 titles.
Viva la Valiant!

kjjohanson

Post by kjjohanson »

BugsySig wrote:September will be an interesting month. I think the one other book that is likely is whatever Cary Nord is currently working on, whether that be EW or and XO #0.
I'll be posting in the thread about that later to let you know what little I gleaned this weekend. Busy at work right now…

Phoenix8008

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Updated first post to confirm all of September per the Newsarama Solicitations article.
Viva la Valiant!

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

October
1. Archer & Armstrong #25 (confirmed in June 15th Multiversity Comics article)
2. Bloodshot #24 (confirmed in Kjjohanson's Special Edition report thread)
3. Harbinger:Omegas #3 (of 3) (assumed)
4. The Death Defying Doctor Mirage #2 (of 5 mini) (assumed)
5. The Delinquints #3 (of 4)
6. Unity #12 (new arc)
7. X-O Manowar #30 (new arc)
8. Q2: The Return of Quantum and Woody (part 1 of 5) (confirmed in Newsarama Jun 15th article)
9. ??? Eternal Warrior or Harbinger?
* Rai #6 (assumed) On hiatus till December to keep Crain doing his fantastic art. (confirmed in Kjjohanson's Special Edition report thread)
With A&A and Bloodshot returning to their numbering, Dr. Mirage taking Shadowman's spot temporarily and Omega's wrapping up in October, the 9th title seems destined to be either EW #9 or XO #0. Then a new/continuing Harbinger series can start in November.

Unless of course we get a surprise new series like Armorines.

kjjohanson

Post by kjjohanson »

BugsySig wrote:
October
6. Unity #12 (new arc)
8. Q2: The Return of Quantum and Woody (part 1 of 5) (confirmed in Newsarama Jun 15th article)
* Rai #6 (assumed) On hiatus till December to keep Crain doing his fantastic art. (confirmed in Kjjohanson's Special Edition report thread)
With A&A and Bloodshot returning to their numbering, Dr. Mirage taking Shadowman's spot temporarily and Omega's wrapping up in October, the 9th title seems destined to be either EW #9 or XO #0. Then a new/continuing Harbinger series can start in November.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something new come out of Armor Hunters. Of course, there's no reason that there can't be an Omegas and another Harbinger issue. Lots of characters in play to feature in two books.

leonmallett

Post by leonmallett »

kjjohanson wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
October
6. Unity #12 (new arc)

I wouldn't be surprised to see something new come out of Armor Hunters. Of course, there's no reason that there can't be an Omegas and another Harbinger issue. Lots of characters in play to feature in two books.
Hopefully what comes is a new ongoing. I hope the VALIANT Firsts thing just gets quietly forgotten.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

kjjohanson wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
October
6. Unity #12 (new arc)

True, but might as well get in a new launch there while Harbinger fans are still being satiated, then start a new Harbinger series the following month.

If its XO #0 or another one-shot in October, then that would leave room for two new launches in November: Harbinger and something else. If they are really serious about keeping it at 9 titles, though, then another one-shot or #0 issue would be needed in November before Rai returns in December.

leonmallett

Post by leonmallett »

BugsySig wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
October
6. Unity #12 (new arc)

True, but might as well get in a new launch there while Harbinger fans are still being satiated, then start a new Harbinger series the following month.

If its XO #0 or another one-shot in October, then that would leave room for two new launches in November: Harbinger and something else. If they are really serious about keeping it at 9 titles, though, then another one-shot or #0 issue would be needed in November before Rai returns in December.
I am hoping for Armorines and have been since the AH preview. :)

Also, is a standalone HARDCorps unthinkable?

Phoenix8008

Post by Phoenix8008 »

leonmallett wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
October
6. Unity #12 (new arc)

I'd be interested in Armorine, HARD Corps, or even Psi-Lords! My wallet wouldn't thank me, but I'd be very interested.
Viva la Valiant!

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

leonmallett wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
BugsySig wrote:
October
6. Unity #12 (new arc)

I wouldn't say unthinkable, but with the new status quo established last issue, I'd be surprised. More likely we see them in a supporting/antagonistic role in other books like Harbinger and Bloodshot.

I'd be all for an Armorines miniseries, but I don't think an ongoing would work. Of course, get the right creative team and anything can succeed.

Phoenix8008

Post by Phoenix8008 »

** Edited on 13 July, 2014: Added November & December spaces. Added Q&W Omnibus, Armor Hunters: Aftermath, and Cary Nord secret project to October, and The Valiant, and Rai #5 to December.

Lots of spaces still needing filled for November! 4 open spaces we have no idea whats going there.
Viva la Valiant!

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Phoenix8008 wrote:** Edited on 13 July, 2014: Added November & December spaces. Added Q&W Omnibus, Armor Hunters: Aftermath, and Cary Nord secret project to October, and The Valiant, and Rai #5 to December.

Lots of spaces still needing filled for November! 4 open spaces we have no idea whats going there.
If we were to consider Armor Hunters: Aftermath as the odd duck in October, then Q2 would take a slot in Nov and Dec.

The biggest "names" missing in November are Harbinger and A&A. I would expect announcements at SDCC (or just prior) about new or continuing series for both of those to be likely, especially with the A&A movie news.

I also think it is safe to add Dr. Mirage, Unity and XO to December.

I also think it is very likely we get at least one new series after Armor Hunters, even if it is a miniseries. Armorines, perhaps.

Phoenix8008

Post by Phoenix8008 »

BugsySig wrote:
Phoenix8008 wrote:** Edited on 13 July, 2014: Added November & December spaces. Added Q&W Omnibus, Armor Hunters: Aftermath, and Cary Nord secret project to October, and The Valiant, and Rai #5 to December.

If we were to consider Armor Hunters: Aftermath as the odd duck in October, then Q2 would take a slot in Nov and Dec.

The biggest "names" missing in November are Harbinger and A&A. I would expect announcements at SDCC (or just prior) about new or continuing series for both of those to be likely, especially with the A&A movie news.

I also think it is safe to add Dr. Mirage, Unity and XO to December.

I also think it is very likely we get at least one new series after Armor Hunters, even if it is a miniseries. Armorines, perhaps.
I agree that A&A and Harbinger will no doubt have something happening, but I'll wait till we hear something.

I did go ahead and add Dr. Mirage, Unity, and X-O to December as well as a question-marked Bloodshot #26.
Viva la Valiant!

Phoenix8008

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Updated October to show X-O #0 and Unity #0. Both titles would have started a new arc that month, so the #0 issues may just be replacing those issues likely.
Viva la Valiant!

cdgodin
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti

Post by cdgodin »

Well, Nord on Unity #0 takes both the Nord project & the Unity spots on October. So, still 9 titles.