Theory about the VEI universe and Armor Hunters Shake-up

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
Re: Theory about the VEI universe and Armor Hunters Shake-up

Post by lorddunlow »

So, I'm bumping this thread because I wanted to point out this:
Dr. Solar wrote:I talked to Dino about this [the end of Harbinger at #25] quite a bit at Wondercon.

He said that issue 25 is very much the end of the chapter, for reasons hew couldn't say more about without completely spoiling the next 4 issues of Harbinger.

He said this is very much NOT the end of the story though, and that we can expect a lot more as we move forward.

I do think this - we are in for big, important story events. They will have a big impact on the larger story being told, and we will get plenty more story.

This is a good thing. I think this is going to end up being a VERY good thing.
Which makes me think I was spot on with this observation:

lorddunlow wrote:
5. The thing that really set my mind on this path was the FVL Twitter interaction that kjjohansson had:
kjjohanson wrote:Okay, now I'm confused. I tweeted him to say I was disappointed to hear he was leaving A&A and asked if he might go to another title after Delinquents. His response:

"I'm not leaving -- we're wrapping up all the storylines in a mind-blowing finale! ;)"

I bolded what I think makes this interesting. Why "we're" wrapping up? He's the only person who has written for A&A. I suppose he could mean he and the editors, but I don't think so. He also refers to "all the storylines". Now, that could mean all of the storylines he has going on in A&A, but I really don't think so, especially since he used "we're". I think he let slip (not really by anything he said, but by the subtlety of language that one often has a hard time controlling when trying to tell an incomplete truth) that all storylines for all titles are coming to a "mind-blowing finale".

I think there will be a major cataclysmic event throughout all of the titles that the Armor Hunters event will set off, and I think the Bleeding Monk, the Eternal Brothers, Archer, Bloodshot, and X-O will be central to this event.
I'm not as sure about a complete relaunch of the universe, but I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing some sort of soft reboot at the least after Armor Hunters.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

lorddunlow wrote:So, I'm bumping this thread because I wanted to point out this:
Dr. Solar wrote:I talked to Dino about this [the end of Harbinger at #25] quite a bit at Wondercon.

He said that issue 25 is very much the end of the chapter, for reasons hew couldn't say more about without completely spoiling the next 4 issues of Harbinger.

He said this is very much NOT the end of the story though, and that we can expect a lot more as we move forward.

I do think this - we are in for big, important story events. They will have a big impact on the larger story being told, and we will get plenty more story.

lorddunlow wrote:
5. The thing that really set my mind on this path was the FVL Twitter interaction that kjjohansson had:
kjjohanson wrote:Okay, now I'm confused. I tweeted him to say I was disappointed to hear he was leaving A&A and asked if he might go to another title after Delinquents. His response:

"I'm not leaving -- we're wrapping up all the storylines in a mind-blowing finale! ;)"

I bolded what I think makes this interesting. Why "we're" wrapping up? He's the only person who has written for A&A. I suppose he could mean he and the editors, but I don't think so. He also refers to "all the storylines". Now, that could mean all of the storylines he has going on in A&A, but I really don't think so, especially since he used "we're". I think he let slip (not really by anything he said, but by the subtlety of language that one often has a hard time controlling when trying to tell an incomplete truth) that all storylines for all titles are coming to a "mind-blowing finale".

I think there will be a major cataclysmic event throughout all of the titles that the Armor Hunters event will set off, and I think the Bleeding Monk, the Eternal Brothers, Archer, Bloodshot, and X-O will be central to this event.
I'm not as sure about a complete relaunch of the universe, but I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing some sort of soft reboot at the least after Armor Hunters.
I agree. I mentioned in another thread that when you break it down, only 3 series are known to be continuing after Armor Hunters: XO, Unity and Rai.

Every other book is ending or changing to a mini in some form, but are likely to return in some fashion: Harbinger, Shadowman, EW, A&A, Q&W and Bloodshot.

A soft-reboot/Marvel NOW style relaunch of the books is likely based on the industry and what we know so far about where current/final storylines are heading (ie new status quos for Harada, the Renegades, Gen Zero, Shadowman, Bloodshot, etc.).
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

lorddunlow wrote:I'm not as sure about a complete relaunch of the universe, but I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing some sort of soft reboot at the least after Armor Hunters.
If this is the "something big", I'm disappointed. Define soft reboot, please. "Reboot" has a lot of negative connotations, for me.

dornwolf
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by dornwolf »

BugsySig wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:So, I'm bumping this thread because I wanted to point out this:

lorddunlow wrote:

I agree. I mentioned in another thread that when you break it down, only 3 series are known to be continuing after Armor Hunters: XO, Unity and Rai.

Every other book is ending or changing to a mini in some form, but are likely to return in some fashion: Harbinger, Shadowman, EW, A&A, Q&W and Bloodshot.

A soft-reboot/Marvel NOW style relaunch of the books is likely based on the industry and what we know so far about where current/final storylines are heading (ie new status quos for Harada, the Renegades, Gen Zero, Shadowman, Bloodshot, etc.).
I've put some thought into this recently. What if by wrapping up current storylines and putting books on hiatus means they are starting everyone on new minis to introduce more characters. For example, Dystart on a book for Gen Zero, FVL on Timewalker, Christos Cage on Armourines, and so forth then bringing back the others once the minis are done.

icefan13
Working on the first full appearance of me
Working on the first full appearance of me
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric of Dacia
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Cary Nord

Post by icefan13 »

As I posted in another thread I believe based on Dino's statement in the Comic Vine interview that we will see some anthologies. Limits the number of books but not the number of stories each month.