Quick Question: Shadowman/All Comics Status?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Quick Question: Shadowman/All Comics Status?

Post by Shadowman99 »

Hi everyone,

Quick question, as I've managed to get a little bit 'out of the loop' lately, what with a ton of stuff that I *need* to be sorting out right now (not dramatic stuff, fret not!):

Shadowman: What's happening to it after the End Times miniseries ends? Is it going on hiatus, continuing, etc, what?

If someone could tell me what's going on here that'd be grand.

Well, whilst we're at it, can someone just tell me generally what the status with all the Valiant comics are? I gather XO and Rai are safely ongoing, Harbinger is having the Omegas mini, then what? Same question with Q+W, A+A...

If someone can just neatly summarise with a list or something what's happening I'd appreciate it. I don't have the time to be trawling all through the forum to find out what's going on with all the comics, even though I'm still sticking my head in every now and then, as it were.

Cheers all! :thumb:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

nscc
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite title: X-O/Harby/A+A/Unity
Favorite writer: Vditti/Dysart/FVL/Kindt
Favorite artist: soo many pretty pictures...
Re: Quick Question: Shadowman/All Comics Status?

Post by nscc »

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=43037" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That thread has the info updated from solicits/tweets, etc.

Pretty accurate I think.

:thumb:
Where are we going and why am I in this hand-basket?

Keith
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL

Post by Keith »

Archer & Armstrong - The series continues, at least as far as we know. Issue #24 is out in September, written by someone other than FVL, and #25 hits in October. FVL will be writing a story for it, and it will be give the same treatment the other titles have with their 25ths. No word on creative team post 25th. Meanwhile, the Delinquents starts in August and goes for 4 issues.

Bloodshot - The Armor Hunter Mini starts in July and runs for three issues. The main title will be returning in October with issue #24, though H.A.R.D Corps are not a part of it. No word on creative team yet.

Doctor Mirage - 5 Issue mini-series starting in September, no word on after that.

Eternal Warrior - No word on a regular series or mini-series, though there have been snippets of Cary Nord artwork spotted that indicate something is in the works.

Harbinger - The Armor Hunters mini starts in July, and we have the 25th issue that month as well. Omegas starts in August and runs for three issues. No definitive announcements after that, though Valiant and Dysart have not been shy about saying the second phase of Harbingers begins with Omegas. Can only assume that means there is much more to come.

Quantum & Woody - the main series goes on hiatus with #12 in July, and then shifts over to Delinquents. No word after that. Q2 begins in October and runs four issues.

Rai - After #4 in August, we won't see Rai #5 till December so Crain can continue his masterful work.

Shadowman - No known plans, though we've heard Milligan has much more story planned. Sounds like Dr. Mirage is going to be the focus in the supernatural side of the Valiant Universe.

Unity - Keepin' on keepin' on, far as we know.

X-O - Keepin' on keepin' on, far as we know.
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

Captain Craig
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Favorite character: XO Manowar/Shadowman
Favorite writer: tough one

Post by Captain Craig »

Keith wrote: Quantum & Woody - the main series goes on hiatus with #12 in July, and then shifts over to Delinquents. No word after that. Q2 begins in October and runs four issues.
See this is the only one where wording was so specific, even within issue #11 itself, that I'm not sure it's on hiatus like Shadowman, EW and Rai will be. The plug at the bottom of #11 said "Come back for issue #12, you wouldn't read a whole series and miss the end would you?"

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Keith wrote:Archer & Armstrong - The series continues, at least as far as we know. Issue #24 is out in September, written by someone other than FVL, and #25 hits in October. FVL will be writing a story for it, and it will be give the same treatment the other titles have with their 25ths. No word on creative team post 25th. Meanwhile, the Delinquents starts in August and goes for 4 issues.

Bloodshot - The Armor Hunter Mini starts in July and runs for three issues. The main title will be returning in October with issue #24, though H.A.R.D Corps are not a part of it. No word on creative team yet.

Doctor Mirage - 5 Issue mini-series starting in September, no word on after that.

Eternal Warrior - No word on a regular series or mini-series, though there have been snippets of Cary Nord artwork spotted that indicate something is in the works.

Harbinger - The Armor Hunters mini starts in July, and we have the 25th issue that month as well. Omegas starts in August and runs for three issues. No definitive announcements after that, though Valiant and Dysart have not been shy about saying the second phase of Harbingers begins with Omegas. Can only assume that means there is much more to come.

Quantum & Woody - the main series goes on hiatus with #12 in July, and then shifts over to Delinquents. No word after that. Q2 begins in October and runs four issues.

Rai - After #4 in August, we won't see Rai #5 till December so Crain can continue his masterful work.

Shadowman - No known plans, though we've heard Milligan has much more story planned. Sounds like Dr. Mirage is going to be the focus in the supernatural side of the Valiant Universe.

Good summary.

We also know that there are currently 8 titles in a month and Warren said they're sticking to 9... so there will be at least one title that won't be available each month.

Magnus9178
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Favorite character: Turok
Favorite writer: Ron Marz

Post by Magnus9178 »

greg wrote:
Keith wrote:Archer & Armstrong - The series continues, at least as far as we know. Issue #24 is out in September, written by someone other than FVL, and #25 hits in October. FVL will be writing a story for it, and it will be give the same treatment the other titles have with their 25ths. No word on creative team post 25th. Meanwhile, the Delinquents starts in August and goes for 4 issues.

Good summary.

We also know that there are currently 8 titles in a month and Warren said they're sticking to 9... so there will be at least one title that won't be available each month.
Thanks, I'm glad I caught this. Being out of the loop for a few months left me wondering what was going on with all these minis. This helped alot!

Keith
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL

Post by Keith »

Captain Craig wrote:
Keith wrote: Quantum & Woody - the main series goes on hiatus with #12 in July, and then shifts over to Delinquents. No word after that. Q2 begins in October and runs four issues.
See this is the only one where wording was so specific, even within issue #11 itself, that I'm not sure it's on hiatus like Shadowman, EW and Rai will be. The plug at the bottom of #11 said "Come back for issue #12, you wouldn't read a whole series and miss the end would you?"

That's a very good point, Cap.
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Keith wrote:
Captain Craig wrote:

Interesting. I had missed that little point. :hm:
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

Phoenix8008 wrote:
Keith wrote:
Captain Craig wrote:

Interesting. I had missed that little point. :hm:
I also think someone mentioned that Asmus said at a con that it was only pitched as a 12 issue run.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

RogueJedi74
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Solar (Old) / Rai (New)
Favorite title: X-O (Old) / Harbinger (New)
Favorite writer: N/A
Favorite artist: N/A

Post by RogueJedi74 »

Great summary. I was curious about Q&W. Thanks for sharing

Shadowman99
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

Yeah, really good guys, thanks very much :thumb:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

Captain Craig
Favorite character: XO Manowar/Shadowman
Favorite writer: tough one

Post by Captain Craig »

lorddunlow wrote: I also think someone mentioned that Asmus said at a con that it was only pitched as a 12 issue run.
If that was said, if, then it was internal talk at VEI.
Q&W was never pitched publicly to fans/retailers as some 12-part maxi-series.
Sounds like some retconning ala Dynamites move w/Spektor if that was actually said.

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

Captain Craig wrote:
lorddunlow wrote: I also think someone mentioned that Asmus said at a con that it was only pitched as a 12 issue run.
If that was said, if, then it was internal talk at VEI.
Q&W was never pitched publicly to fans/retailers as some 12-part maxi-series.
Sounds like some retconning ala Dynamites move w/Spektor if that was actually said.
I may be crazy, but I really think someone said they talked with Asmus at a convention and he was told by VEI (not solicited to the public) that it was for a 12 issue run.

I may be completely confabulating. It's been known to happen with me in the past. Stupid false memories.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.