LET'S HELP VEI GROW THEIR MONTHLY SALES!!

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

solarmanofawesome
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: RAI
Re: LET'S HELP VEI GROW THEIR MONTHLY SALES!!

Post by solarmanofawesome »

Haven't been on in a while but my LCS owner is a good friend. I gave him the details so this should be a go. Which is great because he had mentioned to me earlier this month that Valiant readership had declined the past few months.

brucehartshorn
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: MRF #1
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Shadowman

Post by brucehartshorn »

solarmanofawesome wrote:Haven't been on in a while but my LCS owner is a good friend. I gave him the details so this should be a go. Which is great because he had mentioned to me earlier this month that Valiant readership had declined the past few months.
And, doing a grassroots program like this will hopefully reverse that trend for everyone such as VEI, LCSs and readers. It is fast and easy to do and could have a very big impact! :D

doodlebird
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Harbinger / A & A
Favorite writer: was Shooter
Favorite artist: Lapham, Starlin, Henry, and...

Post by doodlebird »

Well I got to me LCS today and he had 2 big stacks of previews at the checkout. So I said he probably wasn't interested, but I had this printed and showed him, he said that yeah he was already set with getting plenty of these (and wasn't to interested in putting one in each subscribers pull box, oh well). :(
read me, HC/TPB me; sign me, sketch me, slab me.
S.SAHLE

ilzuccone
Valiant fan since: VEI

Post by ilzuccone »

doodlebird wrote:Well I got to me LCS today and he had 2 big stacks of previews at the checkout. So I said he probably wasn't interested, but I had this printed and showed him, he said that yeah he was already set with getting plenty of these (and wasn't to interested in putting one in each subscribers pull box, oh well). :(
hey man you tried right? :thumb:

doodlebird
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Harbinger / A & A
Favorite writer: was Shooter
Favorite artist: Lapham, Starlin, Henry, and...

Post by doodlebird »

ilzuccone wrote:
doodlebird wrote:Well I got to me LCS today and he had 2 big stacks of previews at the checkout. So I said he probably wasn't interested, but I had this printed and showed him, he said that yeah he was already set with getting plenty of these (and wasn't to interested in putting one in each subscribers pull box, oh well). :(
hey man you tried right? :thumb:
Yeah, and well I got my preview and plenty Harby 25,Armor Hunt 2 (dig the new mask cover), and Rai 3 variants; and the Unity tpb and Harby Wars deluxe (which I had actually already picked up at Supercon, but hey an extra works) :)
read me, HC/TPB me; sign me, sketch me, slab me.
S.SAHLE

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Alright, I talked with my LCS owner today & he's all for it. He likes & supports the idea of making sure the pullbox previews are placed in the subscriber pullboxes too, which is great. :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grendeljd
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

grendeljd wrote:Alright, I talked with my LCS owner today & he's all for it. He likes & supports the idea of making sure the pullbox previews are placed in the subscriber pullboxes too, which is great. :thumb:
And done! Email sent out, all parties responded - the plan is in action for my LCS :clap:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RogueJedi74
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Solar (Old) / Rai (New)
Favorite title: X-O (Old) / Harbinger (New)
Favorite writer: N/A
Favorite artist: N/A

Post by RogueJedi74 »

Just talked to my LCS owner and he agreed to reach out to Atom. Hopefully it will work out.

Also, I was talking with another subscriber who was a valiant fan (back in the day) but was into other Marvel and DC stuff currently. After mentioning Harbinger he got pretty excited (he didn't know new books were coming out). Hopefully we have another reader on our hands. It just goes to show that hanging out at your LCS and chatting with people about what they read can provide opportunities to point them to Valiant.

brucehartshorn
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by brucehartshorn »

RogueJedi74 wrote:Just talked to my LCS owner and he agreed to reach out to Atom. Hopefully it will work out.

Also, I was talking with another subscriber who was a valiant fan (back in the day) but was into other Marvel and DC stuff currently. After mentioning Harbinger he got pretty excited (he didn't know new books were coming out). Hopefully we have another reader on our hands. It just goes to show that hanging out at your LCS and chatting with people about what they read can provide opportunities to point them to Valiant.
Truer words were never said :thumb:

brucehartshorn
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by brucehartshorn »

Have to let you all know that VEI is pleased with all of your efforts on their behalf with this. If you haven't gone to your LCS and held the discussion, there's still time for them and their subscribers to get in on this :clap: :clap: :clap:

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

Good to hear as I didn't receive a response from Atom. I also asked whether he was interested in getting Valiant a verified status at Twitter. I have connections ;)

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

brucehartshorn wrote:Have to let you all know that VEI is pleased with all of your efforts on their behalf with this. If you haven't gone to your LCS and held the discussion, there's still time for them and their subscribers to get in on this :clap: :clap: :clap:
How much more time? I may be able to get my original hometown LCS to sign up as well, got an old friend there who is going to go in and talk to them. :thumb:

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

nycjadie wrote:Good to hear as I didn't receive a response from Atom. I also asked whether he was interested in getting Valiant a verified status at Twitter. I have connections ;)
:hm: Well now, that's cool. What exactly does that do for a Twitter account besides getting the distinguished blue check mark, anyway? I mean, are there additional perks beyond being verified?

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

Verified users get access to some special analytics and other features. The blue check helps identify authentic users from fans, etc.

bygranddesign
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
it sounds like "chuffed" goes both ways
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by bygranddesign »

:bump:

I gave my LCS the info and Atoms email like a week ago - He had two LCS's with lots of customers so hopefully he emails him. :hope:
Ha! Yeah! Nice! Any of those dudes in your head mosh?! - Flamingo

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

bygranddesign wrote::bump:

I gave my LCS the info and Atoms email like a week ago - He had two LCS's with lots of customers so hopefully he emails him. :hope:
:clap:

Has anyone seen any results from this promotion yet? I don't know what the next Pullbox Preview is or when it's coming...

brucehartshorn
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by brucehartshorn »

grendeljd wrote:
bygranddesign wrote::bump:

:clap:

Has anyone seen any results from this promotion yet? I don't know what the next Pullbox Preview is or when it's coming...

Not sure of the results but will ask Atom so I can give an update on this. Thanks to all for their efforts. :thumb:

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

I never heard from him and not sure he reached out to my LCS.