The Valiant by Lemire and Kindt!

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre
Re: The Valiant by Lemire and Kindt!

Post by agent_graves »

Not what I was expecting (an ongoing, Ninjack maybe) but I'm interested, none the less...
#StayValiant

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

Interesting to see them continue to push Bloodshot as the center once more.

The Dirt Gang
Valiant fan since: VH1 Unity #1
Favorite writer: Shooter/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by The Dirt Gang »

The images of Bloodshot remind me of that old manga series The Crying Freeman. :D

Didn't the Vine have mechs like those in the preview images?
Multum In Parvo

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

The Dirt Gang wrote:Didn't the Vine have mechs like those in the preview images?
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that's a Russian soldier sitting in the cockpit there, as the Russians managed to acquire some Vine Wolf Armour suits. It was last months [Unity/XO/Armour Hunters] (can't remember which) where that was covered, near the back of the issue.
dornwolf wrote:Interesting to see them continue to push Bloodshot as the center once more.
Bloodshot's a slut. He's been centre in every VEI crossover so far, even crossing over his OWN book with new characters for a while there. Ought to keep his pages closed if he knows what's good for him :wink:

Looking forward to this, sounds like a good project. If it's anywhere near as good as Unity is I'll be a happy chappy. Can't see a romance between Bloodshot and McHenry though.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

I think I posted this elsewhere about this series already, but I'm seriously excited for this book. Top notch talent (& some of my top favourites - Rivera!! Ahh!!), cool story bringing back some characters I've wanted to see for over a year now (Kay!), and bringing in a classic VH1 character too! This thing definitely has winner stamped all over it.

But with regards to seeing the Immortal Enemy...
BugsySig wrote:
bygranddesign wrote:The FVL villain from the 2nd A&A arc was called The Last Enemy. I remember us having a discussion on why he wasn't called "Immortal Enemy" but it was pointed out that "Last Enemy" made more sense since the Null was trying to end existence.

So I think this will be a different character.

I think it is confusing because the Last Enemy definitely has aspects similar to the original "classic" Immortal Enemy from the 90's. But i'm glad FVL didn't call that villain the "Immortal Enemy" because this new character is looking really awesome.
Absolutely. Yes. Agreed.
I had forgotten that FVL's character was not technically named Immortal Enemy, but I agree - it did also seem to share traits with him. So I am curious if this bizarre, awesome looking Immortal Enemy will have some kind of link to FVLs Last Enemy or not.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ValiantCentral
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: July 1992
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Cary Nord

Post by ValiantCentral »

I remember either reading or listening to an interview with FVL where he talked about how they wouldn't let him call him that, wish I remembered where. I think it was on Talking Comic Books (link below). Anyways, The Valiant is going to be awesome. I'm a little concerned about Bloodshot appearing all over the place, but I get it. I'm with grendeljd though, give me more Geomancer!

http://talkingcomicbooks.com/2014/06/30 ... interview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Valiant Database, up to date information on all VEI books and titles
Ivar's Longbox - a look back at books from VH1 and Acclaim
Valiant Central Podcast - a weekly discussion of the Valiant universe

The Dirt Gang

Post by The Dirt Gang »

Isn't Bloodshot one of the properties in some stage of production with a movie studio? Maybe this is partly driving VEI to have him popping up all over the place. Or maybe it's just because he's badSQUEE.
Multum In Parvo

Shadowman99

Post by Shadowman99 »

The Dirt Gang wrote:Isn't Bloodshot one of the properties in some stage of production with a movie studio? Maybe this is partly driving VEI to have him popping up all over the place. Or maybe it's just because he's badSQUEE.
I think a lot of the writers who work for VEI just seem to find him interesting and want to use the character in whatever they're working on. They always seem to find a way to shoehorn him in there.

The Dirt Gang

Post by The Dirt Gang »

Shadowman99 wrote:
The Dirt Gang wrote:Isn't Bloodshot one of the properties in some stage of production with a movie studio? Maybe this is partly driving VEI to have him popping up all over the place. Or maybe it's just because he's badSQUEE.
I think a lot of the writers who work for VEI just seem to find him interesting and want to use the character in whatever they're working on. They always seem to find a way to shoehorn him in there.
Good point. Like I said he's a badSQUEE character and there is definitely a lot that can be done with him. As well with Rai now in the mix, it seems Bloodshot will be important to the future of Valiant history.
Multum In Parvo

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

Bloodshot is my favorite VEI character by far, so I'm not bothered if they add him to every panel. Just getting his arms blown off in the background of one panel followed by him gnawing on a living cow in the background of the next. Too awesome.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

Shadowman99 wrote:
Might be due to just how "blank" he is as a character. He's easy to write.

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

Shadowman99 wrote:
I disagree, respectfully. :)

Crossovers we have seen: Harbinger, Archer and Armstrong, Unity (as the rotating member). Thankfully it does not seem Wolverine-level of ubiquity to me! :)
VEI - I look forward to you one day publishing MORE than 9-10 books per month

Shadowman99

Post by Shadowman99 »

leonmallett wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:

Crossovers we have seen: Harbinger, Archer and Armstrong, Unity (as the rotating member). Thankfully it does not seem Wolverine-level of ubiquity to me! :)
Aw c'mon man, he's been in *every* Valiant crossover so far!! (Even if there have only been 4, including Unity!) :lol:

Bloodshot's a screamin' whoooooooooooooooooooooooore!!!

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

Shadowman99 wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:

Aw c'mon man, he's been in *every* Valiant crossover so far!! (Even if there have only been 4, including Unity!) :lol:

Bloodshot is not the *SQUEE* you want, but he is the *SQUEE* you need...
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

leonmallett
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

Shadowman99 wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:

Now, what about Gilad...?

And Ninjak...?

:P
VEI - I look forward to you one day publishing MORE than 9-10 books per month

Shadowman99

Post by Shadowman99 »

leonmallett wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:

Now, what about Gilad...?

And Ninjak...?

:P
They weren't in Harbinger Wars! :P