VALIANT MOVIES ARE REAL...DETAILS INSIDE..VEI NEEDS COMMENTS

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Peter
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Gilad Anni-Padda
Favorite title: Eternal Warrior
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Re: VALIANT MOVIES ARE REAL...DETAILS INSIDE..VEI NEEDS COMM

Post by Peter »

So happy that this is moving ahead, I thought that two features each before the Harbinger Wars was good news for the dedicated Harbinger and Bloodshot fans, so that each of the characters can really be fleshed out, but I was a bit disappointed that there was no talk about an X-O Movie, or an Eternal Warrior movie. Though when you think of it, Eternal Warrior would be better suited to the likes of a HBO type TV Series.

Just very good news all round. :thumb:

hunter_peterson
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Kris Hathaway
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by hunter_peterson »

blujay wrote:
hunter_peterson wrote:Think of it this way... Watchmen would probably have done better if it came out when the average person was as well acquainted with superhero tropes as they are now.
Well that, and if it wasn't directed by :atomic: Zack Snyder :atomic: *shutters*

Anyway, this is great news! It's pretty clear that Valiant at least has more of a plan than DC :lol: John Wick was really awesome (it definitely exceeded my expectations) so I only hope that the director (whatshisname) does Bloodshot justice. A little iffy on the writers given their previous work, but if Dinesh is overseeing the production (as we all assume he is) I'll just have to trust his judgement.

And, speaking of John Wick, I think I'll just let my bold prediction speak for itself...
Hahaha, yeah. Snyder is insanely terrible. But with Watchmen he basically copied everything straight from the book, so it hardly gave him the opportunity to ruin the story. Though changing the fake alien to a fake Doctor Manhattan bomb around the world was incredibly stupid, so he really tried to ruin it...

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong

Post by kjjohanson »

So, what are the chances that they actually put Rotwak in a movie?
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

kjjohanson wrote:So, what are the chances that they actually put Rotwak in a movie?
For reals? :lol:

I read today that there are something like 30 comic book superhero movies slated for the next five years (or sumpn like that). I hope Valiant isn't lost in the flood. I mean, I'm almost tired of it at this point... didn't see latest Spidey and I have serious doubts about Ant-Man.

kjjohanson
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong

Post by kjjohanson »

jmatt wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:So, what are the chances that they actually put Rotwak in a movie?

I read today that there are something like 30 comic book superhero movies slated for the next five years (or sumpn like that). I hope Valiant isn't lost in the flood. I mean, I'm almost tired of it at this point... didn't see latest Spidey and I have serious doubts about Ant-Man.
You didn't miss anything by missing Spidey. I think Marvel has established a track record that will ease any doubts that I have about movies coming from them.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

kjjohanson wrote:You didn't miss anything by missing Spidey. I think Marvel has established a track record that will ease any doubts that I have about movies coming from them.
GotG certainly proves that almost anything can be made to work if it's handled properly. Who in their right mind would have figured that cast of characters could be turned into such a blockbuster?

Ramses818
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Ramses818 »

jmatt wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:You didn't miss anything by missing Spidey. I think Marvel has established a track record that will ease any doubts that I have about movies coming from them.
GotG certainly proves that almost anything can be made to work if it's handled properly. Who in their right mind would have figured that cast of characters could be turned into such a blockbuster?
I did especially because I read the last series. I was hooked by annihilation. I read all the spin offs even , which I rarely do. Those series are what led me to collect nova and Adam Warlock as they were both portrayed so well. I highly recommend picking up all those books.

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: V-Diddy
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Sven the Returned »

kjjohanson wrote:
jmatt wrote:

You didn't miss anything by missing Spidey. I think Marvel has established a track record that will ease any doubts that I have about movies coming from them.
Ultron did not get rave reviews and Wheddon was forced to cu it shorter. I just want a good Panther and Inhumans movie if they can keep it going.