Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
Re: Top 100 Rarest Valiant books 2012-present? Maybe...

Post by greg »

X-O Manowar (2012) #1 Second Print cover, First Printing inside front cover - estimated at 50-75 copies

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium

Post by DirtbagSailor »

UPDATED:

SPECIAL BOOKS (Purposely created with 1 copy each)
1 copy - Bloodshot Salvation #12 (LaRosa Vin Diesel Variant)
1 copy - Quantum And Woody (2017) #1 (Second Print)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Hitch Golden Ticket)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Jones Golden Ticket)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Rivera Golden Ticket)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Foreman Golden Ticket)
1 copy - Unity #1 (Crain Golden Ticket)

Store and/or Convention Exclusives:
3-10 known copies - Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe #0 (NYCC Unreleased Edition)
NOTE: Supposedly all copies of Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe #0 (NYCC Unreleased Edition) were destroyed. This clearly did NOT happen, as a FEW copies still exist and/or have been rarely made available on eBay.
100 copies - 2015 FCBD Valiant 25th anniversary (Edwards Ultimate Comics Un-stickered version)
NOTE: The variant without a Ultimate Comic sticker on the front cover has 100 copies. The variant with the sticker has far more copies.
100 copies - Bloodshot: Project Rising Spirit #1 (Salgado Virgin)
100 copies - Livewire #1 (Salgado Virgin)
100 copies - The Life & Death of Toyo Harada #1 (Salgado Shazam Comics & Toys Virgin)
100 copies - Fallen World #1 Shazam (Salgado Shazam Comics & Toys Virgin)
400 copies - Bloodshot: Project Rising Spirit #1 (Salgado)
400 copies - Livewire #1 (Salgado)
400 copies - The Life & Death of Toyo Harada #1 (Salgado)
400 copies - The Life & Death of Toyo Harada #1 (Salgado Shazam Comics & Toys)
400 copies - Fallen World #1 (Salgado Shazam Comics & Toys)
500 copies - Bloodshot Reborn #1 (Nord Ultimate Comics)
500 copies - Bloodshot Rising Spirit #1 (Bulletproof Exclusive)
500 copies - Livewire #1 (Bulletproof Exclusive)
500 copies - Bloodshot Reborn #1 (C2E2 Woodward Variant)
500 copies - Harbinger Wars II #1 (Salgado Baltimore ComicCon)
500 copies - The Life & Death of Toyo Harada #1 (Adams South Carolina ComicCon Sketch)
550 copies - Fallen World #1 (Nerd Store/Wasatch ComicCon)
750 copies - The Life & Death of Toyo Harada #1 (Adams South Carolina ComicCon)
650 copies - The Life & Death of Toyo Harada #1 (Choi Paradise / Wondercon)
2,000 copies - X-O Manowar #1 (2017) (LaRosa Virgin Humble Bundle) - Signed by LaRosa
NOTE: A small percentage of the 2,000 copies of X-O Manowar #1 (2017) (LaRosa Virgin Humble Bundle) were UNSIGNED; possibly 10 or less.
Error Variants and/or Issues
50-75 copies (estimated) - X-O Manowar (2012) #1 (Error Second Print w/ First Print listed)
UNK copies - X-O Manowar #15 (Kotaki 1:50 Error)
NOTE: A small percentage of the confirmed 400 copy print run of X-O Manowar #15 (Kotaki 1:50) are ERRORs. It is generally assumed that the ERROR copies are LESS common than the REGULAR copies. However, BOTH are rare as hell. The ERROR copies have the contents of Quantum & Woody #1 instead of X-O Manowar #15 inside the cover
Normal Variants and/or Issues
200 copies - Bloodshot Salvation #1 (Suayan Brushed Metal 1:250)
250 copies - Harbinger #25 (Kitson 1:50)
275 copies - Rapture #4 (Suayan 1:50)
275 copies - Savage #4 (LaRosa 1:50)
300 copies - Savage #1 (LaRosa 1:50)
325 copies - Imperium #11 (Walsh 1:20)
330 copies - Imperium #3 (Braithwaite 1:20)
350 copies - Divinity #1 (LaRosa 1:40)
350 copies - Savage #2 (LaRosa 1:50)
350 copies - Imperium #1 (Braithwaite 1:40)
350 copies - Imperium #2 (Braithwaite 1:20)
350 copies - Imperium #12 (Palo 1:20)
350 copies - Imperium #13 (Ryp 1:20)
350 copies - Imperium #14 (Ryp 1:20)
350 copies - Imperium #15 (Doyle 1:20)
400 copies - Imperium #5 (Grace 1:20)
400 copies - Imperium #6 (Kano 1:20)
400 copies - Imperium #7 (Tan 1:20)
400 copies - Imperium #10 (De La Torre 1:20)
400 copies - Imperium #16 (Montoya 1:20)
400 copies - Shadowman #13 (Davis 1:50)
400 copies - Eternal Warrior #5 (Mack 1:50)
400 copies - X-O Manowar #15 (Kotaki 1:50)
400 copies - Wrath of Eternal Warrior #4 (Lafuente 1:50)
425 copies - Imperium #4 (Braithwaite 1:20)
425 copies - Imperium #9 (Ryp 1:20)
450 copies - Imperium #8 (Henry 1:20)
450 copies - Savage #3 (LaRosa 1:50)
450 copies - Britannia #3 (Johnson 1:50)
500 copies - Harbinger Wars #3 (Zircher 1:50)
525 copies - 4001 A.D. #4 (Sook 1:100)
600 copies - Imperium #1 (Braithwaite 1:20)
600 copies - Britannia #2 (Johnson 1:50)
675 copies - A&A: Adventures of Archer & Armstrong #5 (Lafuente 1:50)
800 copies - Harbinger Wars #1 (Zircher 1:50)
2,800 copies - Ninjak 2015 #1 (Sauvage cover D)
Last edited by DirtbagSailor on Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:02:55 am, edited 4 times in total.

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

greg wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:I'd be really interested in knowing how many Punk Mambo #0 1:20s are out there. I was surprised to see just now that the B covers (an order all) are selling for the price of some incentives.
I wondered when/if that would happen. There are several Valiant books that sold around 6,000 copies total with B (or C or D) non-incentive covers likely 2,000 or fewer of the non-A cover(s). That's not going to be as rare as a 1:20 variant, but the B cover was "nothing special" and they weren't sought out as the "good one". Usually small print and "overlooked" is the perfect formula for later value. Once retailer supplies are sold, it's extremely hard to bring "overlooked" books back to the general market. Incredible Hulk #377 Third Printing is a perfect example. It's likely there are/were thousands, but they were overlooked or "not as good as another version" and the general distribution of those second-best books into collections as "nothing special" leaves people scratching their heads on when and where they'll find them years later. If no one is looking for them, then it's no problem... but if people need one, the sale prices can begin to reflect the "time invested" in trying to find one cheaper.

In a way, that's why CGC 9.8 books sell for premiums. The book might be worth $5 raw, but if people are having a hard time finding top condition copies, then the "time invested" becomes reflected in the price of high grade CGC slabs. There's nothing to show for it, because it's time, but the ability to complete the task, move on, and chase a different goal is worth a premium to some collectors. Other collectors either (also) pay the "going rate", go for lower grade, or complain that the expensive slab is just a $5 book in a fancy holder. :D
This will happen more over time once people start to really focus on collecting back issues, as opposed to just trying to stay on top of the 40 variants a month for 3 books, and Valiant sells less incentive variants than it did in the past (e.g. Incursion has none as far as I can tell). Punk Mambo 0 is one that has been hot for at least a year. Ninjak 1 D Sauvage is another "normal" variant that routinely sells for $20, as much as the limited variants.

greg

Post by greg »

I really like the separated sections of the list - SPECIAL (1 book, purposeful), STORE/CONVENTION, and NORMAL/VARIANT, but I'm thinking that we might also need ERROR/RECALL for books that "shouldn't" exist and aren't officially normal or variants (X-O #15 error, X-O #1 2nd Print/1st Print, Ninjak Vs #0 NYCC, etc.) :hm:

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

greg wrote:Another one for the Store Exclusives list:
https://ultimatecomics.com/2015/04/rare ... iant-ever/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think it's kinda funny that they're questioning whether this is one of the rarest Valiants, as I saw them available for free at a Midtown Comics. Almost positive it was this version, anyway
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

DirtbagSailor

Post by DirtbagSailor »

greg wrote:I really like the separated sections of the list - SPECIAL (1 book, purposeful), STORE/CONVENTION, and NORMAL/VARIANT, but I'm thinking that we might also need ERROR/RECALL for books that "shouldn't" exist and aren't officially normal or variants (X-O #15 error, X-O #1 2nd Print/1st Print, Ninjak Vs #0 NYCC, etc.) :hm:
I do agree. Will have a look shortly.

greg

Post by greg »

kjjohanson wrote:
https://ultimatecomics.com/2015/04/rare ... iant-ever/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think it's kinda funny that they're questioning whether this is one of the rarest Valiants, as I saw them available for free at a Midtown Comics. Almost positive it was this version, anyway
I'm going to doubt it. Ultimate store exclusive wouldn't be free at a competitor's shop. :D

kjjohanson

Post by kjjohanson »

greg wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
I'm going to doubt it. Ultimate store exclusive wouldn't be free at a competitor's shop. :D
Normally I would be in complete agreement with you, based on the facts. However. this particular Midtown Comics location (they have three; Times Square, which is a couple blocks from my office; Grand Central, still in "Midtown" and close enough that I'll stop in there if I'm hunting a hot new book; and Fulton Street, in the Financial District, where I rarely go, because they're out of the way) I have been in maybe a half a dozen times. One of those times—which is probably this same visit, based on the comics involved, although I can't be 100% certain—I asked about whatever Valiant variant I was hunting, and while they didn't have it, I was given a Bloodshot Reborn Gold just for asking about Valiant. I know, I know, that's also not how gold distribution works. But since this is NYC, I imagine that Atom or someone else did a store visit prior to that and left a gold to be given away that way. It would make sense that that's also how the FCBD books ended up being given away there, if they were left at the same time. Note that this wasn't on FCBD; I haven't been to that Midtown on FCBD.

kjjohanson

Post by kjjohanson »

greg wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:I'd be really interested in knowing how many Punk Mambo #0 1:20s are out there. I was surprised to see just now that the B covers (an order all) are selling for the price of some incentives.
I wondered when/if that would happen. There are several Valiant books that sold around 6,000 copies total with B (or C or D) non-incentive covers likely 2,000 or fewer of the non-A cover(s). That's not going to be as rare as a 1:20 variant, but the B cover was "nothing special" and they weren't sought out as the "good one". Usually small print and "overlooked" is the perfect formula for later value. Once retailer supplies are sold, it's extremely hard to bring "overlooked" books back to the general market. Incredible Hulk #377 Third Printing is a perfect example. It's likely there are/were thousands, but they were overlooked or "not as good as another version" and the general distribution of those second-best books into collections as "nothing special" leaves people scratching their heads on when and where they'll find them years later. If no one is looking for them, then it's no problem... but if people need one, the sale prices can begin to reflect the "time invested" in trying to find one cheaper.

In a way, that's why CGC 9.8 books sell for premiums. The book might be worth $5 raw, but if people are having a hard time finding top condition copies, then the "time invested" becomes reflected in the price of high grade CGC slabs. There's nothing to show for it, because it's time, but the ability to complete the task, move on, and chase a different goal is worth a premium to some collectors. Other collectors either (also) pay the "going rate", go for lower grade, or complain that the expensive slab is just a $5 book in a fancy holder. :D
I think in this new era of no incentives (except for the super limited first issue variants) to boost the print run, every new issue is potentially going to be tough down the line.

TheeBaldMoose
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

kjjohanson wrote:
greg wrote:

I think in this new era of no incentives (except for the super limited first issue variants) to boost the print run, every new issue is potentially going to be tough down the line.
Confused by this thought process (Maybe I am missing what you are trying to say). Are you saying that the regular cover A, B, or C will be the new chase item for collectors? Guess it might get as tough to find as maybe a regular issue of Arch and Armstrong #25 in mint condition. Still easy to find, but may cost a max of $7. Unless someone is trying to jump into the Registry on CGC, or a movie pops off, these leftovers will go into the $1 bin in a few years with zero incentive or desire to collect.
Moose

TheeBaldMoose

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Wondering if we added numbers for the DMG (Bloodshot and Harbinger) books. If so, what might those numbers be for each book? Guessing they have to be close to 100 for each, right?
Moose

kjjohanson

Post by kjjohanson »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
greg wrote:

Confused by this thought process (Maybe I am missing what you are trying to say). Are you saying that the regular cover A, B, or C will be the new chase item for collectors? Guess it might get as tough to find as maybe a regular issue of Arch and Armstrong #25 in mint condition. Still easy to find, but may cost a max of $7. Unless someone is trying to jump into the Registry on CGC, or a movie pops off, these leftovers will go into the $1 bin in a few years with zero incentive or desire to collect.
My thought process is this. Livewire #2 had a 1:20 variant. (I think this was the last month for incentives, but maybe X-O had them after still?). If a store figures they can sell 15 copies normally, and they have a customer that collects incentives and/or "one-of-everything" (Valiant seems to have a good number of that sort of collector), then it makes sense for the store to go ahead and buy 20, because the money they get from selling the incentive is probably going to cover the cost of the 5 extra copies. Maybe one or two of those are sold new, and a few end up in back issue bins. Or maybe they all end up in back issue bins. Either way, the store made its money, so even selling them for a dollar is fine. A new Valiant collector a year down the road might get a deal. But eliminate the incentive, and there's no reason for the store to order those extra five copies. Maybe they order one or two for the shelf, but maybe they don't, since Valiant is not Marvel or DC, where you figure you'll be able to sell a couple copies to random comic fans that aren't regular customers that happen to pop into your shop. So all of the new copies are in the collections of fans. There's no "float" (for lack of a better term); no copies out there in retail outlets waiting for a new Valiant reader. So finding those issues relies on a collector having purchased multiple copies, some of which they are now willing to sell, or someone who used to collect the books but no longer wants them. The difference in total copies may not be much, but the *percentage* of the print run that is currently on the market goes way down, and that causes a bidding war for new books if something like, I don't know, let's say a feature movie, brings new fans in. And keep in mind that I don't expect Valiant movies to convert movie-goers into comic readers, but a good movie *will* turn some current Marvel and DC readers that like the movie into Valiant readers as well. That's where Valiant collecting/speculation has an advantage. Every comic collector pretty much knows all they need to no about Marvel and DC. And they're either buying them or they're not. But they may not know much about Valiant. There's big potential for new collectors.

kjjohanson

Post by kjjohanson »

kjjohanson wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
greg wrote:

My thought process is this. Livewire #2 had a 1:20 variant. (I think this was the last month for incentives, but maybe X-O had them after still?). If a store figures they can sell 15 copies normally, and they have a customer that collects incentives and/or "one-of-everything" (Valiant seems to have a good number of that sort of collector), then it makes sense for the store to go ahead and buy 20, because the money they get from selling the incentive is probably going to cover the cost of the 5 extra copies. Maybe one or two of those are sold new, and a few end up in back issue bins. Or maybe they all end up in back issue bins. Either way, the store made its money, so even selling them for a dollar is fine. A new Valiant collector a year down the road might get a deal. But eliminate the incentive, and there's no reason for the store to order those extra five copies. Maybe they order one or two for the shelf, but maybe they don't, since Valiant is not Marvel or DC, where you figure you'll be able to sell a couple copies to random comic fans that aren't regular customers that happen to pop into your shop. So all of the new copies are in the collections of fans. There's no "float" (for lack of a better term); no copies out there in retail outlets waiting for a new Valiant reader. So finding those issues relies on a collector having purchased multiple copies, some of which they are now willing to sell, or someone who used to collect the books but no longer wants them. The difference in total copies may not be much, but the *percentage* of the print run that is currently on the market goes way down, and that causes a bidding war for new books if something like, I don't know, let's say a feature movie, brings new fans in. And keep in mind that I don't expect Valiant movies to convert movie-goers into comic readers, but a good movie *will* turn some current Marvel and DC readers that like the movie into Valiant readers as well. That's where Valiant collecting/speculation has an advantage. Every comic collector pretty much knows all they need to no about Marvel and DC. And they're either buying them or they're not. But they may not know much about Valiant. There's big potential for new collectors.
My point of mentioning Livewire #2 was this. It sold 6351 copies. #3 sold 5371. So there were about 18% more copies for the issue with the incentive. Some of that is just going to be dropoff on a new title. But compare to Bloodshot Rising Spirit. #2 had 6963 copies. #3 had 6147. That's only 13% more copies when #3 had a 1:20 variant.

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

kjjohanson wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
greg wrote:

Having incentive variants for every book was driving me nuts, but I agree with this premise, and anecdotally, have seen the decrease in ordering in local stores here. e.g. Instead of 20 copies of Incursion, there were 2.

TheeBaldMoose

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

nycjadie wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
greg wrote:

Having incentive variants for every book was driving me nuts, but I agree with this premise, and anecdotally, have seen the decrease in ordering in local stores here. e.g. Instead of 20 copies of Incursion, there were 2.
I get where you are coming from, but minus a new character that will be part of a movie somewhere down the road, these non-variant books will stay $1 fodder. All these Marvel/DC readers will simply pick up trades if they want the story. The collectors of those groups will hunt variants and first appearances, not fodder.

Will we go through another Gold/Silver/Bronze/Modern transition? Sure, maybe comics go 100% online, where the only way to read hands on will be trade or hard copy, then these regular books jump, but not a ton.

Much like Greg stated, second copies would become valuable, but I don't think Valiant is even doing that anymore. Did we get a second print of LADOTH? If ever there was a new Valiant book that deserved a second print, it would be that book.
Moose

kjjohanson

Post by kjjohanson »

TheeBaldMoose wrote: I get where you are coming from, but minus a new character that will be part of a movie somewhere down the road, these non-variant books will stay $1 fodder. All these Marvel/DC readers will simply pick up trades if they want the story. The collectors of those groups will hunt variants and first appearances, not fodder.

Will we go through another Gold/Silver/Bronze/Modern transition? Sure, maybe comics go 100% online, where the only way to read hands on will be trade or hard copy, then these regular books jump, but not a ton.

Much like Greg stated, second copies would become valuable, but I don't think Valiant is even doing that anymore. Did we get a second print of LADOTH? If ever there was a new Valiant book that deserved a second print, it would be that book.
I do agree that collectors of runs and/or completists isn't the norm for the hobby any more. Certainly people that just want to read will have multiple alternate options. But there will be some completists that want the original floppies just to have a complete set, or perhaps for the covers, even if there's no hugely significant content in the books. (I like Kalachev covers on Forgotten Queen.)

kjjohanson

Post by kjjohanson »

nycjadie wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:
greg wrote:

I agree, and am glad that they're no longer doing it, as it's much cheaper to have a complete collection *and* to speculate on new books.

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

kjjohanson wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote: I get where you are coming from, but minus a new character that will be part of a movie somewhere down the road, these non-variant books will stay $1 fodder. All these Marvel/DC readers will simply pick up trades if they want the story. The collectors of those groups will hunt variants and first appearances, not fodder.

I do agree that collectors of runs and/or completists isn't the norm for the hobby any more. Certainly people that just want to read will have multiple alternate options. But there will be some completists that want the original floppies just to have a complete set, or perhaps for the covers, even if there's no hugely significant content in the books. (I like Kalachev covers on Forgotten Queen.)
I think about those very late Acclaim issues that are coveted solely based on scarcity. I think we might see that with VEI issues, and the non-incentive issue print runs are much less than those late Acclaim issues (e.g. Armorines 4, Shadowman V3 6, Unity 2000 3, etc.).

kjjohanson

Post by kjjohanson »

nycjadie wrote:
kjjohanson wrote:

I think about those very late Acclaim issues that are coveted solely based on scarcity. I think we might see that with VEI issues, and the non-incentive issue print runs are much less than those late Acclaim issues (e.g. Armorines 4, Shadowman V3 6, Unity 2000 3, etc.).
Of course, most of those weren't sought after by more than a handful of people for quite a while, and it's before the widespread popularity of the grading scale, so there are less in top condition. I think with print runs being generally smaller, some of those books are not quite as popular now, but the prices haven't come down much from what I can see. If/when there's a big new kew with current Valiant, those books are going to be tough.

DirtbagSailor

Post by DirtbagSailor »

• UPDATED:

NOTE: Supposedly all copies of Ninjak vs the Valiant Universe #0 (NYCC Unreleased Edition) were destroyed. This clearly did NOT happen, as a FEW copies still exist and/or have been rarely made available on eBay.
    100 copies - 2015 FCBD Valiant 25th anniversary (Edwards Ultimate Comics Un-stickered version)
    NOTE: The variant without a Ultimate Comic sticker on the front cover has 100 copies. The variant with the sticker has far more copies.
    100 copies - The Life & Death of Toyo Harada #1 (Salgado Shazam Comics & Toys Virgin)
    500 copies - Punk Mambo (2019) #1 (BSI Comics)
    500 copies - The Life & Death of Toyo Harada #1 (Adams South Carolina ComicCon Sketch)
    2,000 copies - X-O Manowar #1 (2017) (LaRosa Virgin Humble Bundle) - Signed by LaRosa
    NOTE: A small percentage of the 2,000 copies of X-O Manowar #1 (2017) (LaRosa Virgin Humble Bundle) were UNSIGNED; possibly 10 or less.
    50-75 copies (estimated) - X-O Manowar (2012) #1 (Error Second Print w/ First Print listed)
    NOTE: A small percentage of the confirmed 400 copy print run of X-O Manowar #15 (Kotaki 1:50) are ERRORs. It is generally assumed that the ERROR copies are LESS common than the REGULAR copies. However, BOTH are rare as hell. The ERROR copies have the contents of Quantum & Woody #1 instead of X-O Manowar #15 inside the cover
Last edited by DirtbagSailor on Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:43:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kjjohanson

Post by kjjohanson »

DirtbagSailor wrote:UPDATED:

100 copies - 2015 FCBD Valiant 25th anniversary (Edwards Ultimate Comics)
These are just the known print runs, correct? Not including the estimated ones any more?

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham

Post by Juki »

These are just the known print runs, correct? Not including the estimated ones any more?[/quote]

Yes, these are the confirmed print runs (mostly by Dino himself).

DirtbagSailor

Post by DirtbagSailor »

kjjohanson wrote:These are just the known print runs, correct? Not including the estimated ones any more?
Correct, these are the 100% confirmed print runs.

I have (unsuccessfully) attempted to find some sort of pattern so that more accurate estimations for other issues can be made. I “can” make certain estimates with a degree of confidence (e.g. the print run for A&A #4 (1:50) is likely less than the print run for A&A #5 (1:50), etc.) however, unless Dinesh, Warren, Hunter, or someone else credible can confirm exact numbers I do worry about putting out incorrect information as gospel.

My advice? Reach out to Dinesh and ask him directly. He should have notes for all issues prior to Feb(ish) 2018.

corey
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1st turok
Favorite character: x-o manowar
Favorite title: x-o manowar

Post by corey »

greg wrote:X-O Manowar (2012) #1 Second Print cover, First Printing inside front cover - estimated at 50-75 copies

Greg where did you find the info on quantity of this error?

I'm amazed is that high since Dino said he had only heard of 2 copies ,but the I saw 3 on ebay for sell from the same seller.I have not seen 1 sell in like 2 years?

Anyway just wondering where this dag nabbit info is!!! :high-five:

greg

Post by greg »

corey wrote:
greg wrote:X-O Manowar (2012) #1 Second Print cover, First Printing inside front cover - estimated at 50-75 copies

Greg where did you find the info on quantity of this error?

I'm amazed is that high since Dino said he had only heard of 2 copies ,but the I saw 3 on ebay for sell from the same seller.I have not seen 1 sell in like 2 years?

Anyway just wondering where this dag nabbit info is!!! :high-five:
Going from memory. It's possible there are fewer than 50, but I don't like to say 2 or 3 when we see a single seller with 3 (as we did) and don't know what else they have. Under 50 for a 2012 book seems unlikely.