I'm out.....

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium
Re: I'm out.....

Post by DirtbagSailor »

(Not saying that this is the case but) sometimes people have a lot going on in their life and on their minds, which significantly alters their priorities and how they see things. It happens to us all at some point or another and to different degrees.

A guy in my office recently had a tragedy in his life, and as a result, seemed to get angry at those around him. People would tell jokes (that were legitimately funny), but he just looked at them like "screw you...".

It's not always a case of preferring vanilla or chocolate over the other. While, true, we have our preferences and also the right to change our preferences at any given moment due to how we feel or where we are in life, it is ALSO highly likely that BOTH vanilla and chocolate are quite good. Our opinions either way might be genuine (based on how we feel personally) while at the same time completely invalid. While certainly an opinion (in this example), it is by no means a universally accepted "fact" (or socially accepted "truth") that a majority of current Valiant readers and fans can agree with.

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

DirtbagSailor wrote:(Not saying that this is the case but) sometimes people have a lot going on in their life and on their minds, which significantly alters their priorities and how they see things. It happens to us all at some point or another and to different degrees.

A guy in my office recently had a tragedy in his life, and as a result, seemed to get angry at those around him. People would tell jokes (that were legitimately funny), but he just looked at them like "screw you...".

It's not always a case of preferring vanilla or chocolate over the other. While, true, we have our preferences and also the right to change our preferences at any given moment due to how we feel or where we are in life, it is ALSO highly likely that BOTH vanilla and chocolate are quite good. Our opinions either way might be genuine (based on how we feel personally) while at the same time completely invalid. While certainly an opinion (in this example), it is by no means a universally accepted "fact" (or socially accepted "truth") that a majority of current Valiant readers and fans can agree with.
Well said
I Miss the good old days.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

I feel for the OP. 4001 has not done it for me either and I've basically done the same as him. I haven't been feeling the same excitement for the books as I was at the relaunch or even the "second wave" of Ninjak, Imperium, Timewalker, etc. I've stopped buying the monthlies (of which I was getting for every title since the relaunch) with the end of Imperium and XO, and I'm now trade waiting the handful of titles that still interest me. Basically just Gen Zero right now and maybe Wrath until Dysart writes something again.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

ilzuccone
Valiant fan since: VEI

Post by ilzuccone »

same here. i've been out for some time now. I have no doubt i'll be back tho. just waiting for the wave of excitement to pull me back in. Valiant is a fun universe/ fandom.

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

I guess I'm just easy or something. The only things that I really disliked were Dead Drop, the end of the Shadowman series, and the first Eternal Warrior series not making sense between the various story arcs. I'm still all in on VEI otherwise. Buying everything they put out currently and plan on getting everything through the end of the year so far at least.
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

Aram
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite character: Tie between Flo and Andy
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: The ones that wrote 4 Valiant.

Post by Aram »

DirtbagSailor wrote:(Not saying that this is the case but) sometimes people have a lot going on in their life and on their minds, which significantly alters their priorities and how they see things. It happens to us all at some point or another and to different degrees.

ha! Everyone knows it's Strawberry or Nothing! :poke: :P
It's not that I don't have an avatar... I've just been working on it for the last few hundred years.

ShadowTuga
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Valiant fan since: 2012

Post by ShadowTuga »

Phoenix8008 wrote:I guess I'm just easy or something. The only things that I really disliked were Dead Drop, the end of the Shadowman series, and the first Eternal Warrior series not making sense between the various story arcs. I'm still all in on VEI otherwise. Buying everything they put out currently and plan on getting everything through the end of the year so far at least.
Exactly the same, here. Still all-in, just waiting for the next wave of titles will be more to my taste. :thumb:
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

oldjello
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Favorite title: Rai (before the Future Force)

Post by oldjello »

I guess I'm fortunate because there's a 2nd and Charles near me, and I think there are only a dozen or so in the country. I lucked out because they ran a deal on newer Valiant books, so I was getting a ton of back issues and variants for $1-2 each, so I could fill holes in the collection for 1/2 to 3/4 of the price.
Divinity II and Faith are two titles that I have been buying new, so now that I finally caught up over the weekend on purchases, I am going to sit down and see if the books are good.

Everyone has their thing, and if Valiant isn't doing it for you anymore, best of luck to you.

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

BugsySig wrote: Basically just Gen Zero right now and maybe Wrath until Dysart writes something again.
That might be awhile..

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dhudson1
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: duh, X-O
Favorite writer: ditti
Favorite artist: all of them

Post by dhudson1 »

mateo107 wrote:well, the downside to XO is that it's ending.
I have it good authority it will be back next year
'Cause I'm a man with
A whole lot on his mind
Just out there somewhere
Traveling in time

Burrito Boy
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Favorite character: Gunny Lewis
Favorite title: Armorines
Favorite writer: Jorge Gonzalez

Post by Burrito Boy »

Aram wrote:

ha! Everyone knows it's Strawberry or Nothing! :poke: :P
:high-five: Right on, brother!