Valiant movie universe news...and it's good news

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

tchalla8
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Re: Valiant movie universe news...and it's good news

Post by tchalla8 »

Daniel Jackson wrote:Encouraging news, but the Turok line has me wondering about how well they do their research into these things.
Yeah, that was more of an uninformed commentary from the writer of the article about the news itself than an indictment on the legitimacy of the news. That's how I took it. The fact that Valiant itself is spreading the news on their social media accounts speaks volumes to me.
Spooooon!!!!

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Lady Oiorpata wrote:
Phoenix8008 wrote:Great to have ANY news, and even better when the news itself is GREAT!

So, Harbinger first in late 2017. Yay!! They better get cracking on this to make this deadline. This will get people exposed first to psiot's in general, the Harbinger kids in particular, Harada and his global company workings, and them being opposed/hunted by PRS with 'Dull Tull' leading the hunting teams hopefully like in the comics. Maybe have a mid/after credits scene introducing Bloodshot while he's still under PRS control before he gets hijacked and set free by the rogue scientist in his own first film?

I wonder if part of the delay for Bloodshot was to keep the directors from John Wick, because the sequel for that popped up and maybe necessitated the pushing back schedule-wise? It also makes more sense story wise to show people the prey first, and then the hunter. Also, at the end of the second Bloodshot arc which should be the second movie, he is breaking into PRS to find his memories/info, which sets free the Gen Zero and other psiot kids who play a big part in Harbinger Wars. It makes more sense to have that happen as the last movie before Harbinger Wars comes out, rather than have to jump back to Harbinger once more between them. I hope they can keep up the yearly movie model by alternating titles. It would be cool to have the following be official:
2017 - Harbinger
2018 - Bloodshot
2019 - Harbinger 2
2020 - Bloodshot 2
2021 - Harbinger Wars

Sounds like a good Phase I to me!
I wil,l be just happy if everything on the list happens. I think Star Wars and Marvel is guaranteed to have a long term shared universe and everything beyond that requires serious luck and skill. I like the list because it still leaves a lot of room for auterish movies.
I agree. Even if the list above doesn't get started till 2018 with Harbinger, and the rest following yearly or close to that, I'll be happy. After looking back over it, the primary article on The Wrap doesn't give time estimates like the 'late 2017 or ealry 2018'. That is given in the CinemaBlend article... the one which also ties in Turok as a possible Valiant movie. facepalm So I'm taking it all with a grain of salt. But it's good to hear something.
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

Phoenix8008 wrote:
Lady Oiorpata wrote:
Phoenix8008 wrote:Great to have ANY news, and even better when the news itself is GREAT!

So, Harbinger first in late 2017. Yay!! They better get cracking on this to make this deadline. This will get people exposed first to psiot's in general, the Harbinger kids in particular, Harada and his global company workings, and them being opposed/hunted by PRS with 'Dull Tull' leading the hunting teams hopefully like in the comics. Maybe have a mid/after credits scene introducing Bloodshot while he's still under PRS control before he gets hijacked and set free by the rogue scientist in his own first film?

I wonder if part of the delay for Bloodshot was to keep the directors from John Wick, because the sequel for that popped up and maybe necessitated the pushing back schedule-wise? It also makes more sense story wise to show people the prey first, and then the hunter. Also, at the end of the second Bloodshot arc which should be the second movie, he is breaking into PRS to find his memories/info, which sets free the Gen Zero and other psiot kids who play a big part in Harbinger Wars. It makes more sense to have that happen as the last movie before Harbinger Wars comes out, rather than have to jump back to Harbinger once more between them. I hope they can keep up the yearly movie model by alternating titles. It would be cool to have the following be official:
2017 - Harbinger
2018 - Bloodshot
2019 - Harbinger 2
2020 - Bloodshot 2
2021 - Harbinger Wars

Sounds like a good Phase I to me!
I wil,l be just happy if everything on the list happens. I think Star Wars and Marvel is guaranteed to have a long term shared universe and everything beyond that requires serious luck and skill. I like the list because it still leaves a lot of room for auterish movies.
I agree. Even if the list above doesn't get started till 2018 with Harbinger, and the rest following yearly or close to that, I'll be happy. After looking back over it, the primary article on The Wrap doesn't give time estimates like the 'late 2017 or ealry 2018'. That is given in the CinemaBlend article... the one which also ties in Turok as a possible Valiant movie. facepalm So I'm taking it all with a grain of salt. But it's good to hear something.
Exactly. Clearly an uninformed article that one, with their Turok and Psi-Lords references. No need for anyone to be investing heavily in the information regarding arrival date of the film. I'm just looking patiently forward to the films arriving as and when :thumb:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

Phoenix8008
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

A new update on Valiant's upcoming movies (and no mention of Turok this time!): see #8-11 on the list...

http://www.blastr.com/2017-4-25/18-comi ... know-about

Only a couple small nuggets of news I hadn't heard about before, but it was good to see Valiant's projects mentioned and updated.
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

777Peralta
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by 777Peralta »

What they meant to say was Savage movie....geez turok lol so 1990 :p

Shadowman99
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar

Post by Shadowman99 »

777Peralta wrote:...turok lol so 1990 :p
Damn, did no-one tell Dynamite that last year? :lol:

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Phoenix8008 wrote:A new update on Valiant's upcoming movies (and no mention of Turok this time!): see #8-11 on the list...

http://www.blastr.com/2017-4-25/18-comi ... know-about

Only a couple small nuggets of news I hadn't heard about before, but it was good to see Valiant's projects mentioned and updated.
Great news. It's exciting to hear about things coming to fruition. :clap:

Speedy
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Valiant fan since: 1990's
Favorite character: Bloodshot

Post by Speedy »

Good to hear ... Hopefully ... The Nerd Boss has lots O' input in making these work. Hate to see SONY screw this up with their "interpretations>."

Would also like to eventually see an XO movie.

.... plus hopefully some Quantum and Woody news to follow soon

:thumb: :clap:

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

Speedy wrote:Good to hear ... Hopefully ... The Nerd Boss has lots O' input in making these work. Hate to see SONY screw this up with their "interpretations>."
This article upgraded him from Nerd Boss to Mastermind!

(following the company and characters being acquired by mastermind – and consummate fan – Dinesh Shamdasani).

Gafti
Account inactive by user's request
Valiant fan since: March 2017
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: Cafu +All of them are amazing

Post by Gafti »

I think it was a smart move to switch up the release order, and start with Harbinger instead of Bloodshot.
Harbinger has more mass appeal in my opinion.

I honestly am not counting on seeing these until I hear that they have started production. So many movies never get out of the development stage. Trying not toget my hopes up too high.
I hope these make it to the screen, because Valiant deserves a much wider audience.
Stay Valiant

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite writer: V-Diddy

Post by Sven the Returned »

Gafti wrote:I think it was a smart move to switch up the release order, and start with Harbinger instead of Bloodshot.
Harbinger has more mass appeal in my opinion.

I honestly am not counting on seeing these until I hear that they have started production. So many movies never get out of the development stage. Trying not toget my hopes up too high.
I hope these make it to the screen, because Valiant deserves a much wider audience.
The X Men already own their niche.

Gafti

Post by Gafti »

Sorry, bud, but have you seen Apocalypse? The majority of the Xmen flicks are garbage. There is plenty of market share for a well done Harbinger movie to gain a huge following and make a ton of money.
The key to success in my opinion will be the same as it is in the published comic book Valiant universe. I.E. Focus on character development, quality long term story-telling, and moral ambiguity. That is what makes Valiant books superior to anything being published out there today, and hopefully it will be the key to artistic success and tickets-sold in the film universe as well.
Stay Valiant

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Gafti wrote:Sorry, bud, but have you seen Apocalypse? The majority of the Xmen flicks are garbage. There is plenty of market share for a well done Harbinger movie to gain a huge following and make a ton of money.
The key to success in my opinion will be the same as it is in the published comic book Valiant universe. I.E. Focus on character development, quality long term story-telling, and moral ambiguity. That is what makes Valiant books superior to anything being published out there today, and hopefully it will be the key to artistic success and tickets-sold in the film universe as well.
Apocalypse was mediocre, almost bad because JLaw could not care but not garbage. You think the majority is garbage for not following the comics?

Gafti

Post by Gafti »

I just didn't find the majority that entertaining. There are worse things to watch.
My point was that in a country where there are like 7 Fast and Furious movies, where Transformers films continue to get made, and where Tyler Perry has a successful film career, there's plenty of room for a smartly made Harbinger film.
The inevitable comparisons to the Xmen won't matter if the films are well done. I guess I just have a lot of Faith in the content. (pun intended)
Stay Valiant

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Gafti wrote:I just didn't find the majority that entertaining. There are worse things to watch.
My point was that in a country where there are like 7 Fast and Furious movies, where Transformers films continue to get made, and where Tyler Perry has a successful film career, there's plenty of room for a smartly made Harbinger film.
The inevitable comparisons to the Xmen won't matter if the films are well done. I guess I just have a lot of Faith in the content. (pun intended)
The room is very crowded that's why studios push established IP so much. Despite that i wish the best fro the V.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Harbinger could be great, but there is some potential for fatigue with the concept. Chronicle had some similar elements, there's Legion on FX, a new Fire Starter movie in the works, and of course the various XMen films (including possibly New Mutants and XForce), and Marvel's Inhumans and New Warriors.

If they go dark enough, even R-Rated, that could differentiate them. Outside of Deadpool, DC, Marvel and Fox have been reluctant to go R-Rated. But DP, Sin City, 300, Kick *SQUEE*, and Watchmen all did OK and are more in line with the independent/small publisher scene.

Gafti

Post by Gafti »

In terms of these films ever getting made, I have to believe Dinesh and company wouldn't be talking about the films so much if they weren't positive they would get made. Dinesh is no stranger to how the movie industry works.
Stay Valiant

BugsySig
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Gafti wrote:In terms of these films ever getting made, I have to believe Dinesh and company wouldn't be talking about the films so much if they weren't positive they would get made. Dinesh is no stranger to how the movie industry works.
Talking about it increases their exposure, and is good marketing to potentially sell more books. That's true regardless of whether they ever get made. I'm sure Dino and the crew WANT to get them made, but it's very much in the studio's hands.

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

BugsySig wrote:
Gafti wrote:In terms of these films ever getting made, I have to believe Dinesh and company wouldn't be talking about the films so much if they weren't positive they would get made. Dinesh is no stranger to how the movie industry works.
Talking about it increases their exposure, and is good marketing to potentially sell more books. That's true regardless of whether they ever get made. I'm sure Dino and the crew WANT to get them made, but it's very much in the studio's hands.
We don't know in whose hand it is. I don't have a lawyer sitting next to me a and the contracts in my lap.

Gafti

Post by Gafti »

You don't need to read the contract or be an attorney to know that Sony bought the rights to make these films. That's public record. Therefore, whether these flicks get made or not is completely 100% in the hands of the Sony Movie Studio. That's what he meant.
Regardless of whether or not you believe the Valiant movies will ever get made, I'm pretty sure we all can agree on one thing: if they make these films, we hope that they are done right and do justice to the characters and the valiant universe. Dinesh being one of the producers should help with that immensely.
Stay Valiant

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Gafti wrote:You don't need to read the contract or be an attorney to know that Sony bought the rights to make these films. That's public record. Therefore, whether these flicks get made or not is completely 100% in the hands of the Sony Movie Studio. That's what he meant.
Regardless of whether or not you believe the Valiant movies will ever get made, I'm pretty sure we all can agree on one thing: if they make these films, we hope that they are done right and do justice to the characters and the valiant universe. Dinesh being one of the producers should help with that immensely.
You forgot about the Chinese investor.

Gafti

Post by Gafti »

Sven wrote:
Nah. Haven't forgotten him. I just figure Toyo Harada will take care of him.
Stay Valiant

Gafti

Post by Gafti »

Sven wrote:
Nah. Haven't forgotten him. I just figure Toyo Harada will take care of him.
Stay Valiant