Valiant Video Games

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

jxm640
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: GIN-GR
Favorite title: Rai
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Valiant Video Games

Post by jxm640 »

With Valiants previous history with gaming, what do you thnk should be the first game in the Valiant gaming universe (if and when it occurs)?
This is what happens when you try to work...

Moots
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek
Favorite title: Harbinger
Re: Valiant Video Games

Post by Moots »

Not sure exactly when the game is released but it has been Greenlit on steam :) :

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =699589252" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Other than that i would very much like to see some kind of dungeon crawler and/or hack n' slash game for EW!
A side scrolling beet 'em up Archer and Armstrong game would also be very cool :hm:
Or why not just make a Diablo type game where you can choose between a roster of valiant characters and run around doing quests!
Another quite obvious choice would be a FPS or third-person shooter Bloodshot game.

/Lucas

jxm640
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: GIN-GR
Favorite title: Rai
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by jxm640 »

Moots wrote:Not sure exactly when the game is released but it has been Greenlit on steam :) :

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =699589252" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Other than that i would very much like to see some kind of dungeon crawler and/or hack n' slash game for EW!
A side scrolling beet 'em up Archer and Armstrong game would also be very cool :hm:
Or why not just make a Diablo type game where you can choose between a roster of valiant characters and run around doing quests!
Another quite obvious choice would be a FPS or third-person shooter Bloodshot game.

/Lucas
I love the Diablo idea.

My thought was to turn Ninjak into a stealth game, similar to Splinter Cell (or Alpha Protocol).

I would love an Imperium RTS.
This is what happens when you try to work...

Moots
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek

Post by Moots »

jxm640 wrote:
I love the Diablo idea.

My thought was to turn Ninjak into a stealth game, similar to Splinter Cell (or Alpha Protocol).

I would love an Imperium RTS.
I think the Diablo idea would work well to introduce the world and characters of the valiant universe to new players.
It would also be really cool to give the characters different play-styles, kinda making them different classes.
Eternal Warrior/X-O = Barbarian/Crusader
Dr. Mirage/Shadowman = Witch Doctor/Demon Hunter
Peter and/or other psiots = Wizard
Bleeding monk = Monk :lol:

Oh hell yes a good old classic base building RTS would be AWESOME for Imperium!

I personally never played any Splinter Cell game but from what i have seen it would be pretty cool especially if you included some of the RPG elements from AP.

Jaknife
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Jaknife »

I'm a huge fan of open world RPGs(The Witcher, Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, etc.) so anything along those lines would be a dream.

X-O Manowar, Bloodshot, Shadowman, A&A, Eternal Warrior... They all could make phenomenal games, with a decent story and some good mechanics. I don't even think it would be that hard.

On reddit someone asked this question, and I agree a Mass Effect style game using the HARD Corps or Harbingers would be fantastic.

Assassins Creed or Splinter Cell style Ninjak I can see as being a lot of fun.

A&A - you choose which one you want to take, the small and agile Archer or the strong tank Armstrong, and you just go through some fun missions, witty dialogue interspersed throughout.

Shadowman in a similar style to the Arkham Games maybe? Dark, stealthy but not pure stealth, with lots of fisticuffs.

HARD Corps or Harbinger would also be great for an XCOM or Shadowrun type game.

Eternal Warrior, incorporating elements from the past and the present could allow for history based games like Assassins Creed, but with different mechanics so it's not a carbon copy. Dark Souls comes to mind, at least for the combat and feel.

Bloodshot like Gears of War or Spec Ops?

World of possibilities :thumb:

JCP
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Mico Suayan & Lewis LaRosa

Post by JCP »

Jaknife wrote: Bloodshot like Gears of War or Spec Ops?

World of possibilities :thumb:
This. :thumb:
Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age!

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Would love to see another Shadowman game in the same vein as the original. Maybe more of an open world experience this time though.