Who's Currently Buying Every VEI Title Month-in-Month-Out?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Are you currently buying every VEI title month-in-month-out?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:24:37 pm

Yes
60%
No
40%
*SQUEE* you, I'm spending my cold hard cash on ice cream
No votes

Total votes: 53

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill
Re: Who's Currently Buying Every VEI Title Month-in-Month-Ou

Post by nonplayer »

I'm not made of money and I pay American prices each comic costs me about 5.25
I can only justify buying what I think I will like.
I don't have room for a bunch of comics I don't even enjoy. So I don't get all the titles.
Right now as it stands I'm getting Divinity 3 #4, bloodshot Reborn #0 and X-O Manowar #1
Next month is the crappyiest month since valiants return. I only get one non Valiant comic TWD since issue 80
:!:
I Miss the good old days.

Sunlight on Snow

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

nonplayer wrote:I'm not made of money and I pay American prices each comic costs me about 5.25
I don't have room for a bunch of comics I don't even enjoy. So I don't get all the titles.
Right now as it stands I'm getting Divinity 3 #4, bloodshot Reborn #0 and X-O Manowar #1
Next month is the crappyiest month since valiants return. I only get one non Valiant comic TWD since issue 80
You're paying the equivalent of $5.25 in whatever currency for a $3.99 book?

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

I'm an almost everything type of guy, it's usually one or two books that don't catch my interest (Dead Drop, A&A, Quantum and Woody, etc) although, I'll still get a Gold #1, even if I'm not planning to read a certain series.
#StayValiant

Intrepidxc
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: LaRosa

Post by Intrepidxc »

I don't buy monthlies anymore, but I buy every trade VEI publishes. Does that count?

Thegreatmagnet
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by Thegreatmagnet »

I'm all in, even including Valiant High. I'd be all in even if VEI were publishing 20 books a month.

I'd say I really enjoy pretty much all their titles. I think Gen Zero, A&A, and Wrath may have been slow starters, but were all getting good right before the end. Only book I am really lukewarm about is Faith. Would love if that book actually tried to do something interesting...
Last edited by Thegreatmagnet on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:47:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nonplayer

Post by nonplayer »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:
nonplayer wrote:I'm not made of money and I pay American prices each comic costs me about 5.25
Sorry Its actuelly 5.49 I had to call and find out. If I have five books a month I get 10% off. Canadian funds btw

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

Thegreatmagnet wrote:I'm all in, even including Valiant High. I'd be all in even if VEI were publishing 20 books a month.

I'd say I really enjoy pretty much all their titles. I think Gen Zero, A&A, and Wrath may have been slow starters, but we're all getting good right before the end. Only book I am really lukewarm about is Faith. Would love if that book actually tried to do something interesting...
+1

ShadowTuga
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.

Post by ShadowTuga »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:
I pay 4.85 dollars for each Valiant book, after converting and all that.
Yeah... :|
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Sunlight on Snow

nonplayer wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
Sorry Its actuelly 5.49 I had to call and find out. If I have five books a month I get 10% off. Canadian funds btw
Well that's the equivalent of $3.99 in Canadian Dollar plus 5%.
ShadowTuga wrote:I pay 4.85 dollars for each Valiant book, after converting and all that.
That's definitely more than I do pay - EUR 3.20 or 80% of the original cover price in EUR. Crazy world, huh? I feel sorry for you guys.

ShadowTuga

Post by ShadowTuga »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:
nonplayer wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
ShadowTuga wrote:I pay 4.85 dollars for each Valiant book, after converting and all that.
That's definitely more than I do pay - EUR 3.20 or 80% of the original cover price in EUR. Crazy world, huh? I feel sorry for you guys.
Wow, SoS that is a great price for an European comic book fan.
You buy on a LCS or order from somewhere else?
I remember that Magnusr and I payed the exact same thing for our books. he's from Sweden.

That's really a good deal. In Euros I pay 4.60. When you buy 10+ books, that's a big cut.
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Sunlight on Snow

ShadowTuga wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
nonplayer wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
I remember that Magnusr and I payed the exact same thing for our books. he's from Sweden.

That's really a good deal. In Euros I pay 4.60. When you buy 10+ books, that's a big cut.
I know, right? It's almost unreal and I consider myself very lucky.

It's a rather small shop in Cologne. They mainly focus on US comics and action figures. More than 50% (probably 75%) of their business comes from mail-order and exhibitions. The mail-order part is a mystery to me because they do not have a real website but they're always busy and most of the time you can barely move because of all the boxes and stuff.

ShadowTuga

Post by ShadowTuga »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:
ShadowTuga wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
nonplayer wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
ShadowTuga wrote:I pay 4.60 dollars for each Valiant book, after converting and all that.

It's a rather small shop in Cologne. They mainly focus on US comics and action figures. More than 50% (probably 75%) of their business comes from mail-order and exhibitions. The mail-order part is a mystery to me because they do not have a real website but they're always busy and most of the time you can barely move because of all the boxes and stuff.
Wow. That is a lucky deal. I can not pay less than the 4.60 € in here, searched around all the comic shops (4 in Lisboa)
Other stores are pricier, the 5 € being the norm for a 3.99 USD book.

And you're from Köln- I spent 3 weeks there in 2002. Great, awesome city. Loved your "forest inside the city" (that HUGE park), the constant daily cultural activities going on and the progressive/liberal feel of the people. Everyone told me this was the most laid back city in Germany. And that cathedral is unbeliveable. Really Fantasy stuff. :)
But my fav bit of the city was Musicstore, for obvious reasons. I thought I was in musician's heaven. :D
Also: Kölsch drinking while riding a bike seems to be the local sport. :lol: I loved it.
Stiil have my FC Köln jersey. :thumb:
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

When Acclaim launched I bought every title each month even though I wasn't enjoying most of the titles I wanted to supprt the company and had my fingers crossed they'd improve. After Acclaim imploded I stopped reading comics as I think buying stuff I wasn't really enjoying took its toll and I'd lost interest in the medium.

Fast forward to 2012, I got back into reading comics after seeing by chance that X-O had relaunched. However this time around if I don't enjoy a book I just drop the title after a few issues, that way I dont feel resentment for wasting time and money on stuff I don't enjoy. This has worked out much better for me and although I buy floppies each month I will still pick up the stuff I've dropped when it comes up in Comixology sales. The next launch of Shadowman might be the first book I swerve from the start, there's been too many poor Shadowman related books, but I'll see who the creators are.

From the current ongoings the books I've dropped are A&A, Gen Zero and Faith, I buy the rest. I also occasionally dip into 1:10, 20's and 50's.

nonplayer

Post by nonplayer »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:When Acclaim launched I bought every title each month even though I wasn't enjoying most of the titles I wanted to supprt the company and had my fingers crossed they'd improve. After Acclaim imploded I stopped reading comics as I think buying stuff I wasn't really enjoying took its toll and I'd lost interest in the medium.

Fast forward to 2012, I got back into reading comics after seeing by chance that X-O had relaunched. However this time around if I don't enjoy a book I just drop the title after a few issues, that way I dont feel resentment for wasting time and money on stuff I don't enjoy. This has worked out much better for me and although I buy floppies each month I will still pick up the stuff I've dropped when it comes up in Comixology sales. The next launch of Shadowman might be the first book I swerve from the start, there's been too many poor Shadowman related books, but I'll see who the creators are.

From the current ongoings the books I've dropped are A&A, Gen Zero and Faith, I buy the rest. I also occasionally dip into 1:10, 20's and 50's.
Ya I'm alot like you. I don't get thoes titles you dropped. I build resentment if I bought everything. I gotta come first before Valiant. And I hate having a bunch of stuff I don't like. I love getting the odd variant especially if it's in my shop. I'm really looking forward to Valiant putting out some good comics again.
I always give a #1 a try if I'm blown away like bloodshot #1 I'll continue. if I don't like it through issue 2-4 it gets dropped and thoes comics get donated to my unkles son. I'm very unlikely to go back to it at a later date. That's my completionist side. If I do like it passed 4 I'm willing to stick it out for the long haul even if it lags somewhere in the middle. I'm loyal to Valiant as I only get one other title that's non Valiant.

Sunlight on Snow

ShadowTuga wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
ShadowTuga wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
nonplayer wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote: You're paying the equivalent of $5.25 in whatever currency for a $3.99 book?
ShadowTuga wrote:I pay 4.60 dollars for each Valiant book, after converting and all that.

Wow. That is a lucky deal. I can not pay less than the 4.60 € in here, searched around all the comic shops (4 in Lisboa)

And you're from Köln- I spent 3 weeks there in 2002. Great, awesome city. Loved your "forest inside the city" (that HUGE park), the constant daily cultural activities going on and the progressive/liberal feel of the people. Everyone told me this was the most laid back city in Germany. And that cathedral is unbeliveable. Really Fantasy stuff. :)
But my fav bit of the city was Musicstore, for obvious reasons. I thought I was in musician's heaven. :D
Also: Kölsch drinking while riding a bike seems to be the local sport. :lol: I loved it.
That is correct! Köln is a pretty crazy city - almost everything goes. It just happens to be carnival right now (the fifth season). Tomorrow the entire inner city will be a huge party zone. The Musicstore moved a couple of years ago and is probably 5 times bigger now than it was 15 years ago. Just in case you wanna come again.

ShadowTuga

Post by ShadowTuga »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:
ShadowTuga wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
ShadowTuga wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
nonplayer wrote: Sorry Its actuelly 5.49 I had to call and find out. If I have five books a month I get 10% off. Canadian funds btw

That is correct! Köln is a pretty crazy city - almost everything goes. It just happens to be carnival right now (the fifth season). Tomorrow the entire inner city will be a huge party zone. The Musicstore moved a couple of years ago and is probably 5 times bigger now than it was 15 years ago. Just in case you wanna come again.
Oh, I have seen your Carnival, in photos and videos that my gf at the time sent me. You guys really know how to party- from dawn til dusk. :thumb:
I will go back for sure, bud- that was one of the coolest places I ever visited, and its cheap, actually. Minus the expresso- I can't wrap my head around the fact that you guys pay like 3 or 4 € for a cup of the good stuff. Ouch. For a coffee addicted like me, that's punishment. :D
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Keith
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL

Post by Keith »

nonplayer wrote:I gotta come first before Valiant.
To the quote board!!!
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

Shadowman99
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

Keith wrote:
To the quote board!!!
Great catch :clap:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

Keith wrote:
To the quote board!!!
This is a good one.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

The Chosen 1
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Lewis Larosa

Post by The Chosen 1 »

I'm all in. I've bought every issue of VEI. Some i haven't read, but i still but everything VEI releases. And when i can afford the variants, i try and get them too.
The Force is with Me, I am One with the Force

Shadowman99
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

The Chosen 1 wrote:I'm all in. I've bought every issue of VEI. Some i haven't read, but i still but everything VEI releases. And when i can afford the variants, i try and get them too.
Great stuff :clap: I'm sure you'll catch up on your reading soon enough :thumb:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

SJS4
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance

Post by SJS4 »

I am still getting all the valiant titles but have stopped buying variants. IMHO they went overboard with it and it stopped being fun for me.

I am also still picking up the hardcovers, FWIW.
Kurt Busiek wrote: Bull$#!t

Donkey
Working on the first full appearance of me
Working on the first full appearance of me
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: Divinity
Favorite writer: Jeff Lemire and Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Lewis LaRosa and Cary Nord

Post by Donkey »

Since I am pretty new to Valiant, I have been buying everything that comes out. Sometimes I will pick up the odd variant cover here or there. Enjoyed most of the stuff I have read so far. I am not going to lie I have been thinking about dropping Gen Zero. It does nothing for me.

I have gone kinda crazy with trades. Found a discount book stores selling for as low as $6 (Cdn), and up to $11(Cdn) and have been buying anything Valiant.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Welcome to the board!

jaspersk
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by jaspersk »

Yes almost every title with variants
Minus some odd store variants
Minus some odd variants 2017 comicspro
Minus xomanowar gold 1:500
No trades no digital
Actually have been lax on reading
Can't read a&a because of the art
Haven't read the gen zero, faith, renegades
Though i have them. The more interesting books
I keep up with. Im glad its been a bit cheaper
Lately to keep up. Will buy the pops.
Will buy some tshirts and some other
Valiant collectibles magnets penguins whatnot
I think those who have invested wisely in
The books will be rewarded. Not just with movies
Comics but I believe some of the books will
Be $$$$$. Ive been wrong before but thats ok
Im not looking to sell my books. Just like it when
They aren't all completely worthless. After all
They are quite expensive. Couple years ago
Rai 0 was a $1 comic if you could get that.
Xomanowar 1 was under $5. Theyve done an
Overall good job so i keep supporting them with
My wallet.