Discovering the Valiant (VEI TPB Reviews)

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Zhuge1
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Re: Discovering the Valiant (VEI TPB Reviews)

Post by Zhuge1 »

I just hope if they bring him back, they fix all of the problems that were created in volumes 4 and 5. Justin Jordan didn't do a perfect job on the series, but he left a lot of open threads for a new writer to work with. Unfortunately, Milligan ignored all of those and almost did an entire re-write of the character (and somewhat messed up the continuity with respect to Jack's father).

Keith
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL

Post by Keith »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:was that from Savage #4? how did I miss this??

I'd say that is a little more concrete than I was letting on, like almost damn solid!
It was last years Free Comic Book Day issue.
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

otomo
Valiant fan since: 2017
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Tomas Giorello

Post by otomo »

Bloodshot vol. 1

And here I thought Harbinger was dark. This is probably the darkest Valiant comic I've read. What a concept. Bloodshot is a military weapon of a man filled with nanobots that repair him and give him superpowers. He gets beat to a pulp more than Wolverine. The military or secret ops or whoever is pulling the strings erases his memory when convenient, and fills him with stories for the mission. They've wiped his memory hundreds of time and sent him back out on suicide missions, where he's taken out a crazy amount of people. The action, violence and gore level of this book reminds me of Garth Ennis's MAX Punisher run, yikes. He's on the run, meets up with the grounding character woman who doesn't have powers, and the military chases after him with a living EMP called Pulse. I Had fun with it and found it hard to put down. The last page of this volume was pretty fuzzed and difficult to read from what looks like a printing error, but I was able to make it out. Overall, really dark, but I enjoyed it.

There are two artists on art duty in this, and unfortunately their styles don't mesh at all. It seems like one's used just for his flashbacks in an attempt to mitigate that but it's a weird look, and doesn't mesh well with the traditional comic look. It's mostly fine at points, but there are some strange proportions and faces drawn in areas that look a little rushed. Art is okay, but not my favorite.

Overall, not sure I'm attached to the character, it's hard to be, and I would have liked just a little more in terms of char development attachment to the nurse woman whose name I couldn't quite read on that blurred last page, and with Pulse for that matter, but it's a solid first book and I'm interested enough to keep reading. 7/10
Like XO Manowar or Conan The Barbarian? Check out my new graphic novel, DEUS VULT on IndieGoGo now: Deus Vult: http://igg.me/at/deusvult.

Sunlight on Snow

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

Keith wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote:was that from Savage #4? how did I miss this??

I'd say that is a little more concrete than I was letting on, like almost damn solid!
It was last years Free Comic Book Day issue.
I believe this teaser is obsolete by now.

otomo

Post by otomo »

Bloodshot vol. 2

The good is that the pacing is really fast, there's a lot of action. The bad... there's really no reason to be invested much in any of the characters. I mentioned this in the first trade, giving this a shot to invest met a little more, but there's just too much stilted dialogue for plot driving and not enough of real connection here. Bloodshot and the two women introduced last volume have broken into a super secret compound, where Bloodshot hopes to find the answer as to who he really is. They get chased by some named villains that look like generic 90s goons and lots of fighting ensues. Oh, and then there's psionic children. That gets developed in a couple spots and I like that they subtly layer that in then build it up for the crossover event I know is coming next (as I really care about Harbinger, characters done right in that volume). It does save the book to some extent. I'm not sure about taking a full issue out in the middle of the arc to show Bloodshot's past with the children, maybe they needed time for art to catch up on that.

And the art. The art's pretty inconsistent. There's some pretty good action panels, there's a lot of awkwardly drawn figures that twist into poses that are anatomically impossible, and sometimes the people grow or shrink in proportions to where they'lll be eight feet or three feet tall if one were to extrapolate. There's one panel that sticks out in my mind with giant heads but they seemed to want to fit the whole bodies in a small space and it really didn't work. There was the fill in issue as mentioned with completely different art, and that didn't help the consistency feel for the book.

Overall, even though I have a lot of negative to say, the pacing and the interest in the coming Harbinger crossover do save it for me. It's ok, just not something I find myself desperate for more of. 5/10
Like XO Manowar or Conan The Barbarian? Check out my new graphic novel, DEUS VULT on IndieGoGo now: Deus Vult: http://igg.me/at/deusvult.

otomo

Post by otomo »

Harbinger vol 2.

I mentioned characters done right in my bloodshot vol. 2 review. This volume was in a lot of ways better than the first in that regard. We get full on perspective stories from all the different "good guys" that have been assembled here, really getting deep into their heads all the while building that sense of looming dread as they're being hunted down by a megacorporation. This book took me to Torquehalla and back again for serious. I believe at this point that Harbinger has climbed into my second place for favorite Valiant book other than X-O Manowar. The villains are interesting and dynamic, the heroes have flaws (except Faith, she's pretty much just awesome) and are interesting, I could lay out the whole plot but it's better for someone to just read this.

Art didn't strike me either way. It seems fine for the book, no big problems that I can recall, but nothing that sticks out in my memory a ton either other than a lot of panels of a gorgeous redhead, but those were drawn pretty well and I certainly can't complain about that.

Looking forward to Harbinger Wars. I hope it manages to bring up Bloodshot along with this wonderful book. 9/10

otomo

Post by otomo »

Spent the weekend reading the Harbinger Wars crossover. I read it in the reddit suggested order... which I'm not sure was right, but I'm also not sure it was wrong, as events overlap in a weird way and it's tough to pick out the best reading order. I am glad i didn't just go through the TPBs one at a time because I think the whole picture of the story is better this way. For anyone new getting these TPBs (Harbinger Wars, Harbinger vol 3, Bloodshot vol 3) read one issue at a time in each and go through that way.

Harbinger Wars

The last couple trades had been leading up to this. Kids are holed up in the Belagio hotel in Las Vegas after escaping and Peter feels compelled to go there after talking to the weird sensei/monk guy whose name I forgot. This story is mostly from the perspective of government agencies, as it sorta tells how they saw events, giving glimpses of the Bloodshot (vol 3) and Harbinger (vol 3) comics that overlap. We meet the future Generation Zero through this book, as well as the H.A.R.D. Corps who I know come up later just from book titles. There's a ton of action, and I enjoy it, but I think I like it for what it does in expanding the universe and what it does for the Harbinger and Bloodshot storylines more that I enjoyed it on its own. The new characters are interesting, depth to the powers that be fighting for control are as well, but we don't see enough of them to learn a ton or get too attached. Some cool powers in here, but nothing we really haven't seen before. It's kind of neat how it ended too, unexpected.

Art is all over the map. Each issue uses several artists, they don't all mesh well, but they are in different parts for different perspective. I've always been a Pere Perez fan so I'm happy to see him getting work in the Valiant Universe.

Overall, this is the bridge that brings the other two books together. It's interesting that usually Marvel/DC makes their events so that the mini-series is the main storyline and the others shoehorn in, this feels like the direct opposite way of doing it, reverse engineering an event. It's kinda cool for that, and I give the writers props, but I'm not sure how it stands on its own. 8/10

Bloodshot Vol 3.

What Harbinger Wars did for me was make me care way more about this book. I like the characters now, appreciate that Bloodshot has a focused mission of saving kids, and the way he reacts to situations has done a lot to humanize this living weapon. He comes up against a lot of the characters from Harbinger, in this epic tie in that brings a battle to Las Vegas. It's very action packed, very fun. Probably the best volume of Bloodshot yet. Most of the storyline ties into Harbinger Wars and really needs that grander scope for this to work. I recommend reading both but I loved the Bloodshot parts. Each volume of Bloodshot seems to end in a weird spot where I'm not sure who's alive or not though because of all of his weird flashbacks... I think it could be a little clearer in that regard.

Barry Kitson's art reminds me of classic 80s/90s artwork. It's not the most pristine, but his figures are well proportioned, he tells a good story. I like what he's done for the most part and think he did a great job. Only thing I can complain about is the characters all kind have this partially open mouth frowny angry look all the time, would have liked a little more variation there.

Fun book, as I mentioned, and overall a good crossover. 8/10

Harbinger Vol 3.

This book is where the crossover event really shines. Peter & Co. really have so much depth of personality, so much character that even though the majority of the book is them traveling and then quickly engaging in a fight. Charlene, Kris, Torque and Faith are a wonderful cast of characters. The kids they interact with from the Belagio are pretty cool too. The depth to this story and where they're going, how they're learning, evolving with their powers and how to use them, as well as what they want to do with their life is huge through the first three volumes. It feels like ages since I was reading about Peter barely escaping the baddies' clutches. The villains are realistic, have their own good motivations, and there's still plenty of action to go around. I'm not sure how this all fits in one book frankly.

Art's on the good side, nothing bothered me about it. There were a lot of cool things needed drawing across the book from giant buildings, to monster psychic projections, to that old monk that keeps showing up and even military jets. No simple task, this storyline.

The narrative at the end is pretty self aware, comparing to the X-Men, which, I've been doing with this since vol 2 in my head. This is everything I WANT the X-Men to be. Where the X-Men stared as interesting concepts, but didn't fulfill a real storyline where they progress and change. These characters change at a rapid rate, and the storyline keeps getting more interesting. Of course the crossover helped because butting up against another book, and having another writer to play off of really just added so much depth that it's mind blowing. I'll follow wherever this leads at this point. 10/10

Whew, now that's a lot of review writin' for one night.

Sunlight on Snow

It's THE BLEEDING MONK!

His origin/background story (zero issue) is collected in the Harbinger: Omegas trade.

Keith

Post by Keith »

So overall score for the event?

And I'd recommend reading Archer & Armstrongs third arc now, for reasons that wil be subtlety obvious in the start of the arc.

otomo

Post by otomo »

Keith wrote:So overall score for the event?

And I'd recommend reading Archer & Armstrongs third arc now, for reasons that wil be subtlety obvious in the start of the arc.
9/10 overall probably. Can't say it was perfect but it was pretty close.

Yeah I'll have to get that soon. I've obviously spent way too much on comics the last couple weeks lol. Half-Price books really helped with my first stack but I had to go back and get some missing ones or follow ups from that and then i bought pretty deep into Shadowman/XO too. I'll be slowing down my pretty frantic valiant pace shortly here as I'm running out of that big stack.

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

nice reviews...really like them...but do they really belong here?
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

Keith

Post by Keith »

myron wrote:nice reviews...really like them...but do they really belong here?
Valid question... this might be better served over in the published issues section and keep the general valiant discussion section spoiler free.

otomo

Post by otomo »

Life got rather busy this week so I slowed down my reading quite a bit. Had a fun time at a small convention

Unity vol. 1

At risk of sounding like too much of a Matt Kindt fanboy... this is probably my favorite Valiant book so far. Just super fun, wall to wall action the whole way through. The star of the show is the character Livewire, who has such a cool ability. I like that this ties in Harada to the XO side of things as well. This book after Harbinger Wars really makes Valiant feel like a solid universe, which is exciting. Harada forms a team to go remove Aric and company from their little land they claimed in Romania as a new Visigoth country, X-O takes out everyone pretty hard but then Livewire comes in. This overlaps with X-O volume 5, which I probably should have read this one issue back and forth to get the full effect, but I read it straight through and then read the X-O version, which took place in between these issues. The ending is interesting, and certainly sets up X-O in a different direction that I wouldn't have anticipated it going. Overall, I had a ton of fun with Unity, and this makes for an interesting super team.

Art wise, this may be some of the best art I've seen on Valiant books, if not the best. It's got a cool digital feel, lots of nice detail to the faces. Perhaps the only complaint I could have there is that the figures look a little more stiff in their "realism" than a lot of the say standard comic action is drawn, but really the images were so pretty that didn't bother me.

NinjaK, Livewire, Harda, The Eternal Warrior and X-O. What's not to like? 10/10

X-O Manowar vol 5.

This book requires Unity volume 1 to make sense. If anyone is reading this book without that it would be almost worthless to do so. I recommend reading one issue of unity, one issue of this and going back and forth for best effect for the story. That said, what made Unity a really awesome story, this feels like a side fill in. The issues jump from spot to spot, missing most of the action of the Unity storyline, leaving us more with aftereffects of it. The story of this volume, while adding to that storyline, doesn't hold its own so much because of that.

The art is okay in the book, but there were points where it wasn't the best I've seen. Hopefully X-O can pick up a little bit better after the crossover again.

Overall, weakest volume of the X-O series so far, but does keep continuity well with unity which gains it some points. 7/10

Sunlight on Snow

otomo wrote:Life got rather busy this week so I slowed down my reading quite a bit. Had a fun time at a small convention

Unity vol. 1

At risk of sounding like too much of a Matt Kindt fanboy... this is probably my favorite Valiant book so far. Just super fun, wall to wall action the whole way through. The star of the show is the character Livewire, who has such a cool ability. I like that this ties in Harada to the XO side of things as well. This book after Harbinger Wars really makes Valiant feel like a solid universe, which is exciting. Harada forms a team to go remove Aric and company from their little land they claimed in Romania as a new Visigoth country, X-O takes out everyone pretty hard but then Livewire comes in. This overlaps with X-O volume 5, which I probably should have read this one issue back and forth to get the full effect, but I read it straight through and then read the X-O version, which took place in between these issues. The ending is interesting, and certainly sets up X-O in a different direction that I wouldn't have anticipated it going. Overall, I had a ton of fun with Unity, and this makes for an interesting super team.

Art wise, this may be some of the best art I've seen on Valiant books, if not the best. It's got a cool digital feel, lots of nice detail to the faces. Perhaps the only complaint I could have there is that the figures look a little more stiff in their "realism" than a lot of the say standard comic action is drawn, but really the images were so pretty that didn't bother me.

NinjaK, Livewire, Harda, The Eternal Warrior and X-O. What's not to like? 10/10

X-O Manowar vol 5.

This book requires Unity volume 1 to make sense. If anyone is reading this book without that it would be almost worthless to do so. I recommend reading one issue of unity, one issue of this and going back and forth for best effect for the story. That said, what made Unity a really awesome story, this feels like a side fill in. The issues jump from spot to spot, missing most of the action of the Unity storyline, leaving us more with aftereffects of it. The story of this volume, while adding to that storyline, doesn't hold its own so much because of that.

The art is okay in the book, but there were points where it wasn't the best I've seen. Hopefully X-O can pick up a little bit better after the crossover again.

Overall, weakest volume of the X-O series so far, but does keep continuity well with unity which gains it some points. 7/10
See, I knew it'd be a good idea to start reading Unity. :P

It's about time to meet Malgam, the ARMOR HUNTERS, and GIN_GR!

Keith

Post by Keith »

Though it might be a good idea to go check out the Harbinger/Bloodshot side of things. Some stuff occurring there that happens prior to Unity, if being up to date is important to you.

And let's not forget that A&A third arc...

How's that checkbook doing? :kidaround:

otomo

Post by otomo »

Keith wrote:Though it might be a good idea to go check out the Harbinger/Bloodshot side of things. Some stuff occurring there that happens prior to Unity, if being up to date is important to you.

And let's not forget that A&A third arc...

How's that checkbook doing? :kidaround:
Well I got up through that crossover haven't done H.A.R.D. corps yet but that's where I ran out of bloodshot issues from half price. And yeah I have to go back and get that A&A and a couple others. I'm thinking about heading to the comic store to get:

A&A 3
Quantum & Woody 1
Eternal Warrior 1
Armor Hunters

at this juncture. And this is where it starts to get pricey to catch up on EVERYTHING.

Sunlight on Snow

Just in case someone else gets here and wants to catch up on Valiant as well.

Here are some insanely cheap trade sets offered by Ed from Collector's Paradise:

VEI TPB READER SETS - 40% OFF, FREE SHIPPING!

http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=49734" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:Just in case someone else gets here and wants to catch up on Valiant as well.

Here are some insanely cheap trade sets offered by Ed from Collector's Paradise:

VEI TPB READER SETS - 40% OFF, FREE SHIPPING!

http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=49734" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Those are really good deals.

Gafti
Account inactive by user's request
Valiant fan since: March 2017
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: Cafu +All of them are amazing

Post by Gafti »

otomo wrote:X-O Manowar (2012) Vol 1.

The whole reason I'm reading this back universe is the 2017 X-O Manowar #1 issue impressed me so much, I had to see what was up with the rest of this.
Me too, man. It's crazy how few people seem to know about Valiant, me included until recently. XO #1 2017 is like a masterpiece.
Stay Valiant

Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Gafti wrote:
otomo wrote:X-O Manowar (2012) Vol 1.

The whole reason I'm reading this back universe is the 2017 X-O Manowar #1 issue impressed me so much, I had to see what was up with the rest of this.
Me too, man. It's crazy how few people seem to know about Valiant, me included until recently. XO #1 2017 is like a masterpiece.
I hope you get the chance to catch up on some of the previous stuff via trades like otomo. There's some great reads available.

otomo

Post by otomo »

I bet you guys thought I'd disappeared. Well, I did sorta. Free time's been short as I've been cleaning up a steampunk novel for release next month. What reading time I did have I've been spending most of my reading time on the old Timothy Zahn Thrawn Star Wars novels as I'm csatching up to try to read his new Thrawn book, and I also didn't have a couple of trades for a big crossover event that I wanted to get to next, as I wanted to read them all in one shot. Which I did... and reviewed!

I recently read the Armor Hunters crossover event by Valiant, which spans 5 trade paperbacks with an event series itself, two tie-ins from prominent Valiant books in XO Manowar and Unity, and two offshoot spinoff miniseries. It was a daunting task, and curtailed my reading of catching up on the Valiant universe for a time while I obtained a couple of these to get the full story. Crossover events like this make me nervous, as I’ve been burned by Marvel far too many times with bad tie-ins and sub-series that really don’t add much, and storylines that are unfulfilling.

I’m happy to report that Armor Hunters is a crossover done right. The story was epic, every book added something, and I’m glad I bought and read all five trades in paying attention to this series. I’m going to review them individually as well below.

I’ll also note that I used the suggested reading order on Reddit which went like this:

Armor Hunters #1/4
Unity #8
X-O Manowar #26
Armor Hunters #2/4
Unity #9
Armor Hunters: Bloodshot #1/3
Armor Hunters: Harbinger #1/3
X-O Manowar #27
Armor Hunters #3/4
Unity #10
Armor Hunters: Bloodshot #2/3
Armor Hunters: Harbinger #2/3
X-O Manowar #28
Armor Hunters: Harbinger #3/3
Armor Hunters: Bloodshot #3/3
Unity #11
Armor Hunters #4/4
X-O Manowar #29
Armor Hunters: Aftermath #1

So I had a lot of flipping between books. This order worked really well and I suggest reading them in this order as well – though you could read XO 26-28 as a prequel series and get 29 in its place and it’d work just as well, perhaps better.

Onto the series.

Armor Hunters:

XO Manowar has been followed to earth by an alien army that will stop at nothing but to see the Armor destroyed. They attack earth, including an installation that has an alien that Alric captured that is slowly morphing into the armor. Alien starships. Giant robots. Battles with aliens. It’s all here. Great pulp action adventure at its finest, never a dull moment. I would say the Aftermath issue at the end is a bit slow, really a full issue of denouement, but it was separated out and labeled Aftermath so I knew what I was getting into there. As a big event, with Earth getting attacked big, lots of destruction and chaos, the heroes all playing their part to make sure Earth is safe again – I loved every second of it. This should be event comic writers required reading.

Art was excellent in it. Cool aliens. Cool designs. Lots of background detail so we didn’t feel like characters fighting against a white screen. Figures drawn great. Colors engaging. I was very happy all the way around. Aftermath again suffered compared to the main book but it was fine for what it was.

I’m pleased and would recommend people read at least the first couple trades of XO Manowar first to get a feel for the characters, or perhaps as much as I have in the Valiant Universe for a lot of depth, but this is a great jumping on point and great read. 10/10

Unity Volume 3

This was on the weaker side for the event, which is still a strong comic. Still, with the others to contend with, the unity storyline of the event came down to fighting alien dog things then Livewire doing some techie thing to stop some alien probes. Pretty simple and drawn out into 4 issues. Thus is somewhat the issue with events in a nutshell, as the tie ins can tend to suffer. But by suffer I still mean this was a really fun comic. It’s very quick to read and very light on dialogue. Certainly doesn’t work without the context of the Armor Hunters main event as a book by itself.

Art is fine. It’s got early 2000s forward standard style with medium to light detail on the background. The colors aren’t exciting but aren’t offputting either.

Decent fun, adds texture to Armor Hunters but not a lot of deapth. 7/10

Armor Hunters: Bloodshot

I haven’t loved Bloodshot a lot thus far. It’s been fine, but a little too dark for my tastes. This continues here, but actually this may be my favorite volume of Bloodshot I’ve read so far. I like seeing him work with Unity and the Colonel from XO Manowar to stop the aliens. I love the battle between ever-healing Bloodshot and ever-healing alien in XO Armor. The storyline is simple, but it progresses and adds nice depth to the overall Armor Hunters storyline.

The art is dated looking, 90s with a lot of grittiness, good for Bloodshot, but not my favorite. The colors are a bit washed out and make it have a dated 90s look even moreso.

Fun, pure gorey action and not much to complain about. 8/10

Armor Hunters: Harbinger

This is probably my least favorite installment here. I like seeing Faith but her comments are getting a little old at this point. I don’t really care much about the Generation Zero heroes even from the last event, Harbinger Wars, and there hasn’t been a ton of time for them to develop to where they mean much to me. There’s too many and with the frantic pace of the event, I lose track of who’s who to some extent. There’s blurbs to tell me, but that just means the characters aren’t standing out enough on their own for me to recognize. Makes it difficult. If there’s one book in the series to skip, I’d say this is it.

The art is fine. Everyone tends to have these perplexed stiff faces through a lot of the panels though. The colors save it as they’re pretty vibrant on this.

If you really like Generation Zero or Faith, maybe worth the pick up, but it’s an isolated spot that plays off one major point in Armor Hunters, not the most necessary of them. 6/10

XO Manowar vol 7.

This makes it all worthwhile. Now, you can’t go into this thinking you’re going to get much Aric or XO, but Robert Venditti has told one of the finest space opera tales I’ve ever seen in comics in issues 26-28 with an amazing origin story, great action and resolution. For characters I didn’t meet and didn’t care about before, for enemies of Aric, I really began to care about them and this made the Armor Hunters event way more interesting than it would have been otherwise. 29 deals with Malgam and the aftermath of it, but with the set up in 28 I care about Malgam a lot more than I used to as well. Fine comic storytelling.

The art can get a bit repetitive at points with just action shots even when in talky scenes. The colors are good in that they’re vibrant but they are lacking a little bit in detail which makes those backgrounds wash together a bit and makes the art look sparse. Not perfect, but the storytelling aspects of it are so it’s fine.

I loved this story so much. Even with the medium-like of the art, it surpassed my expectations so much I give it a thumbs up. 9/10

Keith

Post by Keith »

Welcome back! Thought we had lost you!

So just to clarify... you haven't read anymore Harbinger after Harbinger Wars, correct?

otomo

Post by otomo »

Correct. And I bet that would have made the Harbinger part of this more meaningful, I just don't have the books. Those are probably my next pick up in VEI or the rest of XO Manowar so I can catch up and get in the current discussions on that. I've only got 6 TPBs left. Gonna have to start spending money. :(

Keith

Post by Keith »

otomo wrote:Correct. And I bet that would have made the Harbinger part of this more meaningful, I just don't have the books. Those are probably my next pick up in VEI or the rest of XO Manowar so I can catch up and get in the current discussions on that. I've only got 6 TPBs left. Gonna have to start spending money. :(
Yeah, it might have helped. There is a ton of stuff that goes on in the space after HW and before Armor Hunters. I think the opening blurbs in each issue of AH:Harby elude to those changes for people coming in fresh. Your thought on getting caught up there might be the right move before getting much deeper into X-O. Unless, of course, you're just really diggin' X-O more! :)

otomo

Post by otomo »

Keith wrote:
otomo wrote:Correct. And I bet that would have made the Harbinger part of this more meaningful, I just don't have the books. Those are probably my next pick up in VEI or the rest of XO Manowar so I can catch up and get in the current discussions on that. I've only got 6 TPBs left. Gonna have to start spending money. :(
Yeah, it might have helped. There is a ton of stuff that goes on in the space after HW and before Armor Hunters. I think the opening blurbs in each issue of AH:Harby elude to those changes for people coming in fresh. Your thought on getting caught up there might be the right move before getting much deeper into X-O. Unless, of course, you're just really diggin' X-O more! :)
That's the thing, I'm so obsessed with X-O I just want to catch all the way up. I've been avoiding the current issue discussions so I don't inadvertently spoil with speculation of the past run tie ins. And honestly, the Venditti stuff is just as good as the current run. I'm shocked no one told me about this before.