Bloodshot Movie Rumors

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada
Re: Bloodshot Movie Rumors

Post by BugsySig »

jmatt wrote:
BugsySig wrote:There's quite a few examples like that. Known, but not seen as a "star". But fill out the cast with solid actors, have crisp effects and visuals, and then surprise people with just a decent story, and you can have a hit.
And just to round out the conversation, there's no guarantee a big name will succeed. Tom Cruise in a known and successful franchise like The Mummy isn't doing all that hot, apparently. While I've not seen it, I'm sure the visuals were nothing short of fantastic.

Now, this is all relative, of course. I'm sure VEI would be delighted if Bloodshot made half of what the Mummy did at the box office.
Tom Cruise is now one of those action movie stars who is just the same person in every role, who very few people are interested in paying to see any more. I'd put Will Smith, Nic Cage, and some others in that group too. Not that they make bad movies necessarily, they just don't draw like they used to. Mark Wahlberg is approaching that level.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

BugsySig wrote:Tom Cruise is now one of those action movie stars who is just the same person in every role, who very few people are interested in paying to see any more. I'd put Will Smith, Nic Cage, and some others in that group too. Not that they make bad movies necessarily, they just don't draw like they used to. Mark Wahlberg is approaching that level.
I tend to agree that some actors get typecast and are essentially the same schtick in every movie. But I don't blame them, it's what the casting director thinks what people expect and want to see.

And while I have the excuse, here's one of my favorite movie lines of all time: "How about the inside of an ambulance?" :lol:

BugsySig
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

jmatt wrote:
BugsySig wrote:Tom Cruise is now one of those action movie stars who is just the same person in every role, who very few people are interested in paying to see any more. I'd put Will Smith, Nic Cage, and some others in that group too. Not that they make bad movies necessarily, they just don't draw like they used to. Mark Wahlberg is approaching that level.
I tend to agree that some actors get typecast and are essentially the same schtick in every movie. But I don't blame them, it's what the casting director thinks what people expect and want to see.

And while I have the excuse, here's one of my favorite movie lines of all time: "How about the inside of an ambulance?" :lol:

I disagree. For the past 10+ years all I see on the screen is Tom Cruise. It takes me out of the story/movie. He just plays himself in every role (the one exception in that time was his role in tropic thunder). Same with those others. It's the negative to casting a huge name. Some people go see the movie for Tom Cruise, some stay away because Tom Cruise.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t