Bloodshot Movie Rumors

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

possumgrease
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Bloodshot Movie Rumors

Post by possumgrease »

I could see Oscar Isaac playing this role. Marky Mark a little less so.

http://www.thewrap.com/oscar-isaac-jame ... bloodshot/

TheeBaldMoose
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really
Re: Bloodshot Movie Rumors

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Eh, I kind of don't want someone like any of those mentioned. Don't think Sony would be able to foot their bill, as those are some expensive actors.

Looking for someone maybe a little taller, thicker...
Moose

SuperMage
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Animalia
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by SuperMage »

There have been rumors that Mark Wahlberg has been interested in joining the DCEU in a Ben Afleck film. McAvoy is possibly still involvement with the X-Men films is unclear as he supposedly stepped down as Xavier, but Michael Fassbender has no problem returning as Magneto. Oscar Isaac is tied up with Star Wars, but that franchise likely isn't too restrictive on its actors since it isn't a standard shared universe like Marvel, DC, or FoX-Men. That article likely only named them because they're currently "hot" actors. Not because they're in talks for the role.

The key detail here, is that they've officially started casting for the Harbinger film, because, remember, Bloodshot will the main antagonist of Harbinger before spinning off into his own film. That means whoever they're casting now isn't filming for the Bloodshot film, but for Harbinger. In the coming months we'll probably start hearing rumors of the actors that will be cast as the Renegades. I would personally keep an eye on actors appearing in Netflix dramas, and young adult media in general. So start looking at head shots for the actors from Riverdale, Stranger Things, 13 Reasons Why, Hunger Games, etc. Those are probably the best bets for the Renegades. I mean the actor who played the Black Power Ranger was literally just cast for the Aquaman movie. Seeing as there won't be a sequel maybe one of the other stars could end up on the shortlist. The Red Ranger as Peter Stancheck? Nancy from Stranger Things as Kris Hathaway?

We're officially in the casting phase for the Valiant movies. So all those people who have been hungry for news should get ready. The floodgates are about to burst open.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

I think Sony can afford anyone they want...

...it's an...interesting list...

Gyllenhaal has been trying to get into a superhero franchise since the Ramey Spider-Man movies, but he's small.

Isaac has some cashe from SW right now, but that's a tight filming schedule.

Mcavoy is too small for sure.

Wahlberg is pretty big, well known, but I'm not sold on that idea.

Nick Hoult is the most interesting name there. Young, big, has some decent films he's done. He was actually an early (like 2012) casting choice I made for Pete Stanchek.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

When this was all first rumored years ago, I wanted Bloodshot to be Joe Manganiello, but he got Deathstroke.

SuperMage

Post by SuperMage »

BugsySig wrote:I think Sony can afford anyone they want...

...it's an...interesting list...

Gyllenhaal has been trying to get into a superhero franchise since the Ramey Spider-Man movies, but he's small.

I think he would be willing to beef up for the role if it was finally his chance to be a superhero. He's done it before.
BugsySig wrote: Isaac has some cashe from SW right now, but that's a tight filming schedule.
Good point. I didn't consider that. There's no way he has time to fit into Sony's 2018/2019 schedule, and I doubt they'd be willing to delay the movies any further for him. Makes me wonder why he's even on the list. I guess that makes it t a competition between Nick Houl and Jake Gyllenhaal. Everyone else is busy, or is likely just on the list for the sake of being there. Mainly the have the cards on the table.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

JG can get buff, but he's still small. Bloodshot should be intimidating.

StarBrand
loosely based on a true story
loosely based on a true story

Post by StarBrand »

Sounds like progress is being made on this movie.
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

Gafti
Account inactive by user's request
Valiant fan since: March 2017
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: Cafu +All of them are amazing

Post by Gafti »

I could see Channing Tatum in this role.
And I can't decide if he would be great or terrible.
Stay Valiant

bobby97801
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Favorite character: X-O Manowar

Post by bobby97801 »

I think Tom Hardy would be awesome in the role.

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium

Post by DirtbagSailor »

I'm 195 lbs at 6'. Could easily bulk up to 220 lbs for this role and be completely jacked.

Only problem is I have a quite distinguished nose... :lol:

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Not sure how much of this article I can trust, considering that they are quoting the original movie order of Bloodshot followed by Harbinger, instead of how they flipped it awhile ago to Harbinger coming out first. If it's true that they're searching for their leading man, then great. Hope to hear some Harbinger news soon.
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

Phoenix8008

Post by Phoenix8008 »

SuperMage wrote:The key detail here, is that they've officially started casting for the Harbinger film, because, remember, Bloodshot will the main antagonist of Harbinger before spinning off into his own film. That means whoever they're casting now isn't filming for the Bloodshot film, but for Harbinger.
I don't recall ever hearing/seeing this idea anywhere before, that Bloodshot would be the 'villain' in the Harbinger movie before going into his own movie. I especially don't see how that would have worked when they originally had the orders reversed to have Bloodshot first, then Harbinger. If you've got some source showing story details, please share as I'd be interested to see anything out there that I've missed.

As far as I was aware, the only thing we 'knew' for sure was that they would have 2 Harbinger films and 2 Bloodshot films before they ran into each other in Harbinger Wars. Maybe it's just my wishful thinking, but that would pretty perfectly match the story arcs that the comics started out with in 2012. I HOPE that's what their doing. Other than maybe having Bloodshot show up as a mid credits teaser at the end of the first Harbinger movie, I don't expect to see him until his solo movie after Harbinger. Hopefully, a year from now we'll know for sure.
Viva la Valiant!

SuperMage

Post by SuperMage »

Phoenix8008 wrote:
SuperMage wrote:The key detail here, is that they've officially started casting for the Harbinger film, because, remember, Bloodshot will the main antagonist of Harbinger before spinning off into his own film. That means whoever they're casting now isn't filming for the Bloodshot film, but for Harbinger.
I don't recall ever hearing/seeing this idea anywhere before, that Bloodshot would be the 'villain' in the Harbinger movie before going into his own movie. I especially don't see how that would have worked when they originally had the orders reversed to have Bloodshot first, then Harbinger. If you've got some source showing story details, please share as I'd be interested to see anything out there that I've missed.

As far as I was aware, the only thing we 'knew' for sure was that they would have 2 Harbinger films and 2 Bloodshot films before they ran into each other in Harbinger Wars. Maybe it's just my wishful thinking, but that would pretty perfectly match the story arcs that the comics started out with in 2012. I HOPE that's what their doing. Other than maybe having Bloodshot show up as a mid credits teaser at the end of the first Harbinger movie, I don't expect to see him until his solo movie after Harbinger. Hopefully, a year from now we'll know for sure.
I think it's still just rumor status. Same websites as the news for this thread.

http://www.thewrap.com/valiant-comics-h ... -universe/

At the time other new sites mentioned insider sources stating that Bloodshot would appear as an antagonistic force in the initial Harbinger film. It's a maybe, but no official news so far. Just a rumor that Sony refused to comment on. So nothing official yet.

Maybe they want to introduce Bloodshot to audience's as the "Psiots Killer" before giving him a redemption arc in his own film. We still don't know what story structure the actual films will follow, but I doubt that Harbinger Wars will be a direct adaption of the comic.

Heisserer's comments let us know that Livewire will debut in the Harbinger film, in a limited capacity. Dinesh's comments during last year's summit also tells us that in one version the script Faith's opening scene has her knocking out a psiots dampener halfway through the film to save Peter. The script probably went through a few more drafts after that so there's no way to know of that scene will be in the actual movie.

It's still too early to know anything for sure though. Things chang during production. Just a few months ago Deathstroke was the villian in the upcoming Batman film.

But the fact that Bloodshot is being cast first, despite his film being released second, suggests there might be some truth in his first appearance being the Harbinger film. But it's only a maybe. Like this casting list.

P.S. It's exciting how much things are starting to pick up for Valiant. Movies for Bloodshot, Harbinger, and Archer & Armstrong. Social media push with Ninjak. A Quantum and Woody t.v. show directed by the freakin' Russo brothers. Who could have imagined this five years ago?

Thegreatmagnet
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by Thegreatmagnet »

bobby97801 wrote:I think Tom Hardy would be awesome in the role.
Tom Hardy is my #1 choice. He's a skilled actor, who could bring some nuance to a mostly machine-like character.

I think Channing Tatum would also be great. Or Charlie Hunnam.

michael
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Valiant fan since: 2014
Favorite character: none
Favorite title: EW
Favorite writer: Kirkman
Favorite artist: none

Post by michael »

defiantly need way bigger. Tom Hardy's a good actor but only 5'9" and those other actors are around the same.. We don't need 150 pound pansies playing tough guys anymore.

Someone LIKE John Cena. Not the tallest only 6'1" but he has the muscles and is ok at acting. Could pull Bloodshot off, problem is I think Marvel is trying to get him for an Avengers movie.

Tatum an interesting pick if he gets bigger and doesn't act too goofbally.
Last edited by michael on Thu May 18, 2017 2:52:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

The Bloodshot flick will come first.

For sure

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite writer: V-Diddy
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Sven the Returned »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:Eh, I kind of don't want someone like any of those mentioned. Don't think Sony would be able to foot their bill, as those are some expensive actors.

Looking for someone maybe a little taller, thicker...
I hope Sony got jack to do with it and the main players are V and DG. Look at their recent track record.

michael
Valiant fan since: 2014
Favorite character: none
Favorite title: EW
Favorite writer: Kirkman
Favorite artist: none

Post by michael »

Elveen wrote:The Bloodshot flick will come first.

For sure
I believe last report the two movies have been flipped. I'll try and find the article but it's been awhile.

found it but still not a definite answer. http://www.slashfilm.com/sony-valiant-comics-universe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Speedy
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Valiant fan since: 1990's
Favorite character: Bloodshot

Post by Speedy »

I have been waiting a long time for Valiant to come to the BIG screen.

Has anyone ever seen the movie "PUSH" ???

It reminded me a little of Harbinger when I first saw it.

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite writer: V-Diddy
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Sven the Returned »

Speedy wrote:I have been waiting a long time for Valiant to come to the BIG screen.

Push was okay.

Phoenix8008

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Speedy wrote:I have been waiting a long time for Valiant to come to the BIG screen.

I liked PUSH, and yes I thought of Harbinger as well when I watched it.
Viva la Valiant!

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

this is such a tough one to pick. For me, gotta be at least 6'1" tall or taller, imposing in size, but not too massive (sheer appearance should be intimidating), maybe a little Italian looking (I always think of the '92 version) or mixed color (2012 version).

I like Joe Manganiello, but he will be DeathStroke in one of the Batman's coming up...

Liam Hemsworth might be an interesting find, if he put on about 30 lbs of muscle...

Here is a long shot, and I don't know if he would be taken seriously, but what about Cory Monteith (glee). I mean, if he roided out, just to look mean... He's got acting chops.

These all meet the height ideas I had, and have the frames to add muscle and while Joe is probably the best fit, he's taken.
Moose

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:this is such a tough one to pick. For me, gotta be at least 6'1" tall or taller, imposing in size, but not too massive (sheer appearance should be intimidating), maybe a little Italian looking (I always think of the '92 version) or mixed color (2012 version).

I like Joe Manganiello, but he will be DeathStroke in one of the Batman's coming up...

Liam Hemsworth might be an interesting find, if he put on about 30 lbs of muscle...

Here is a long shot, and I don't know if he would be taken seriously, but what about Cory Monteith (glee). I mean, if he roided out, just to look mean... He's got acting chops.

These all meet the height ideas I had, and have the frames to add muscle and while Joe is probably the best fit, he's taken.
Ummm...hate to be the one to break this to you, but Corey Montieth is dead. Drug and alcohol overdose like 4 years ago.

Phoenix8008

Post by Phoenix8008 »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:this is such a tough one to pick. For me, gotta be at least 6'1" tall or taller, imposing in size, but not too massive (sheer appearance should be intimidating), maybe a little Italian looking (I always think of the '92 version) or mixed color (2012 version).

I assume nobody is considering Jason David Frank who is already playing Bloodshot in the 'Ninjak Vs' series. I suppose since that series is not supposed to be 'canon', having the same actor would just confuse people. Not that someone else is gonna look a lot different when put into the same makeup.
Viva la Valiant!