Bloodshot Movie Rumors

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

TheeBaldMoose
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really
Re: Bloodshot Movie Rumors

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

BugsySig wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote:this is such a tough one to pick. For me, gotta be at least 6'1" tall or taller, imposing in size, but not too massive (sheer appearance should be intimidating), maybe a little Italian looking (I always think of the '92 version) or mixed color (2012 version).

I like Joe Manganiello, but he will be DeathStroke in one of the Batman's coming up...

Liam Hemsworth might be an interesting find, if he put on about 30 lbs of muscle...

Here is a long shot, and I don't know if he would be taken seriously, but what about Cory Monteith (glee). I mean, if he roided out, just to look mean... He's got acting chops.

These all meet the height ideas I had, and have the frames to add muscle and while Joe is probably the best fit, he's taken.
Ummm...hate to be the one to break this to you, but Corey Montieth is dead. Drug and alcohol overdose like 4 years ago.
Yea, I was just looking at movie star pics of tall people, someone that might fit the need. Totally forgot about that.

At first, I thought Liam Hemsworth was Liam Neeson and Chris Hemsworth's love child, didn't know Chris and him were brothers.
Moose

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:this is such a tough one to pick. For me, gotta be at least 6'1" tall or taller, imposing in size, but not too massive (sheer appearance should be intimidating), maybe a little Italian looking (I always think of the '92 version) or mixed color (2012 version).
I'm with you there. 6'2" and up. But not a professional wrestler's steroid physique.

onearmedwampa3000
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Eternal Warrior
Favorite title: Wrath of the Eternal Warrior
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Mico Suyan

Post by onearmedwampa3000 »

None of these guys fit. I'm really starting to worry about these movies. They feel rushed, and it looks like they're trying to base the movie around an actor, and that never works. It needs to be a relatively unknown guy. The bulk of the budget needs to be in capturing the look and feel of the universe, and the story, not paying an actor. i.e. Captain America The First Avenger.

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Ok, just stumbled across this guy's pic, kind of an unknown a little, but he has the size, and look

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geno_Segers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Think this guy would be my pick, he doesn't need much, just a can of whop-arse and he is Bloodshot!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Moose

Gafti
Account inactive by user's request
Valiant fan since: March 2017
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: Cafu +All of them are amazing

Post by Gafti »

You know why I think it has to be a fairly well-known star? Because these movies need a guaranteed draw. The properties themselves are mostly unknown to the general public. So I think we need to have a big name attached in order to attract media attention and to sell tickets(at least initially).
Stay Valiant

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:Ok, just stumbled across this guy's pic, kind of an unknown a little, but he has the size, and look
I agree. And being a relatively unknown is a plus in my book, viewers don't walk in with pre-conceived expectations.

Gafti

Post by Gafti »

jmatt wrote:.........viewers don't walk in with pre-conceived expectations.
But with an unknown they also might not walk in at all. It's definitely a risk to cast an unknown. I want this film to not only be good, but to also be monetarily successful.
Star vs Unknown is a tough call. Your point about the lack of preconceptions with an unknown actor is well made. I don't envy the one who has to make the final call. So much is on the line.

I'm interested to see what JDF does with the character in the web series. He is unknown to most, but still has a relatively established following from the power rangers. He might bring the best if both worlds to the big screen role if given a shot. He is obviously passionate about the character already, based on his interviews.
Stay Valiant

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

the bigger the star the better the chance.

All I want is for Valiant to have a chance.

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite writer: V-Diddy
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Sven the Returned »

Elveen wrote:the bigger the star the better the chance.

If you define star as dude's whose name only can open a movie those people are kinda dead.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

You can have an unknown play Bloodshot if the rest of the cast has well known, trusted names in it. That can balance the scales so to say in the audience's minds.

What about a guy like Dave Bautista? He's not the most amazing dramatic actor or anything, but people know him from GotG, he's huge, and he's not a stiff in front of the camera.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

BugsySig wrote:You can have an unknown play Bloodshot if the rest of the cast has well known, trusted names in it. That can balance the scales so to say in the audience's minds.

What about a guy like Dave Bautista? He's not the most amazing dramatic actor or anything, but people know him from GotG, he's huge, and he's not a stiff in front of the camera.
Was he ever a lead outside of some direct to DVD WWE stuff?

Gafti

Post by Gafti »

I was watching the 2016 Valiant Summit last night on YouTube.
One thing that Dinesh said stuck out for me. He said that this info about the movies wouldn't have even been public yet if not for the North Korea Sony hack of a few years ago.

That really bummed me out. If these films ever get made, it would be great. However I'm a little less optimistic today than I was. I just hope these films don't get hung up in pre-production hell.
Honestly, I almost wish Valiant had tried to sell their properties to a Netflix or Amazon for a TV series instead. I feel like taking smaller steps to introduce these awesome characters to the world is the best way to go. That said, we do have Ninjak web series and Q&W TV show coming. So my hope is that those 2 properties help to build the wider V fan base before the films are made.
I also wish this wasn't in the hands of Sony, but that's another issue.
Stay Valiant

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Sven the Returned wrote:
BugsySig wrote:You can have an unknown play Bloodshot if the rest of the cast has well known, trusted names in it. That can balance the scales so to say in the audience's minds.

Nope. But everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

BugsySig wrote:
Sven the Returned wrote:

Nope. But everyone's gotta start somewhere.
He should start smaller probably. it took a while for the Rock till he had an Oscar worthy performance. i really want to see some emotion from Bshot.

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

Gafti wrote:I was watching the 2016 Valiant Summit last night on YouTube.
One thing that Dinesh said stuck out for me. He said that this info about the movies wouldn't have even been public yet if not for the North Korea Sony hack of a few years ago.

That really bummed me out. If these films ever get made, it would be great. However I'm a little less optimistic today than I was. I just hope these films don't get hung up in pre-production hell.
Honestly, I almost wish Valiant had tried to sell their properties to a Netflix or Amazon for a TV series instead. I feel like taking smaller steps to introduce these awesome characters to the world is the best way to go. That said, we do have Ninjak web series and Q&W TV show coming. So my hope is that those 2 properties help to build the wider V fan base before the films are made.
I also wish this wasn't in the hands of Sony, but that's another issue.

The movies are really really close to something major.

THere is a reason Dino was not the first few days of Phoenix.

The right meetings are happening, and the right things are being talked about .

Real close.

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

Sven the Returned wrote:
Elveen wrote:the bigger the star the better the chance.

If you define star as dude's whose name only can open a movie those people are kinda dead.
I'm not sure what that means.

But I want the biggest "star" possible.

I want the most attention as possible.

I want Valiant to be talked about on Entertainment Tonight and shows like that.

I want the star to do Fallon and Kimmel and talk about Bloodshot.

That ONLY happens with a BIG star.

Give me the BIGGEST star possible.

Elveen

Post by Elveen »

Give me the Jason Bourne flicks except put a big red dot on his chest.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

I don't think anyone is expecting an Oscar to come out of Bloodshot.

I just want the movies to be good and successful at the box office so more get made. Maybe that means big names, maybe it means unknowns. There's a lot more that goes into a film than who is cast in the roles. The script and director will be a major reason for success or failure. Effects, makeup, music, and the supporting cast all need to be on point, too.

Gafti

Post by Gafti »

BugsySig wrote:I don't think anyone is expecting an Oscar to come out of Bloodshot.

I just want the movies to be good and successful at the box office so more get made. Maybe that means big names, maybe it means unknowns. There's a lot more that goes into a film than who is cast in the roles. The script and director will be a major reason for success or failure. Effects, makeup, music, and the supporting cast all need to be on point, too.
True but acting can make or break a movie. Look at Marvel's Dr. strange. That script is subpar in my opinion, but the acting of Cumberbatch and Tilda Swinton totally makes that movie worth watching.
On the other hand, the Transformers movies have all the effects you could ask for, but the films are generally unwatchable because the acting is so bad.
While I think having some well known stars attached to these projects is essential to generate buzz, I hope they put the primary focus on finding great actors for these parts. These are complex characters. We all love them, and they deserve to be portrayed with as much depth as possible on screen.
A guy like Oscar Issac would be the best of both worlds.
Stay Valiant

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Gafti wrote:
BugsySig wrote:I don't think anyone is expecting an Oscar to come out of Bloodshot.

True but acting can make or break a movie. Look at Marvel's Dr. strange. That script is subpar in my opinion, but the acting of Cumberbatch and Tilda Swinton totally makes that movie worth watching.
On the other hand, the Transformers movies have all the effects you could ask for, but the films are generally unwatchable because the acting is so bad.
While I think having some well known stars attached to these projects is essential to generate buzz, I hope they put the primary focus on finding great actors for these parts. These are complex characters. We all love them, and they deserve to be portrayed with as much depth as possible on screen.
A guy like Oscar Issac would be the best of both worlds.
And Transformers makes a billion dollars and is going on, what, 4 or 5 films now? There are a lot of ways to make a "successful" movie.

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

That's the exact example I had in mind. Not for BS but as an actor that surprised a lot of people with a good performance. Now, it's also true he wasn't the lead, so that could weigh in the selection.

And I know I've said this before, but Ron Perlman wasn't exactly a huge star but he was perfect for Hellboy.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

jmatt wrote:

That's the exact example I had in mind. Not for BS but as an actor that surprised a lot of people with a good performance. Now, it's also true he wasn't the lead, so that could weigh in the selection.

And I know I've said this before, but Ron Perlman wasn't exactly a huge star but he was perfect for Hellboy.
There's quite a few examples like that. Known, but not seen as a "star". But fill out the cast with solid actors, have crisp effects and visuals, and then surprise people with just a decent story, and you can have a hit.

Toby McGuire wasn't a huge star when he made the first Spider-Man. No one knew most of the actors in 300 when it came out. Gal Gadot was basically unknown. Outside of Bruce Willis, Sin City was full of known, non-star actors.

But look at some pieces of garbage that no "star" could save: Daredevil, Elektra, Green Lantern, Fantastic Four, Batman v. Super man, etc.

Ricomortis
lookin pu nub in all da wong pwaces
lookin pu nub in all da wong pwaces
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Shadowman - Harada
Favorite title: Imperium
Favorite writer: Dysart & Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Larosa, Henry & CAFU

Post by Ricomortis »

You guys see the Harbinger Wars 2 news/preview today?

Basically said Bloodshot is the first movie, not Harbinger... Because it is due out sometime after HW2.

So... I guess that makes THAT official. :lol:

Can't wait to see what Wilson does with Bloodshot.

I don't know about you guys... But I hope it's original and told right. Just like John Wick.... Yea there was some badass action and fight scenes... But the story and dialogue... Killed it as well.

Check out my Gallery for this year: A year in the life of Ricomortis (2018) http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 35&t=50927" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out my Gallery for last year: "A year in the life of Ricomortis (2017)" http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 6#p1056798" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

corey
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1st turok
Favorite character: x-o manowar
Favorite title: x-o manowar

Post by corey »

Ricomortis wrote:You guys see the Harbinger Wars 2 news/preview today?

Basically said Bloodshot is the first movie, not Harbinger... Because it is due out sometime after HW2.

So... I guess that makes THAT official. :lol:

Can't wait to see what Wilson does with Bloodshot.

I don't know about you guys... But I hope it's original and told right. Just like John Wick.... Yea there was some badass action and fight scenes... But the story and dialogue... Killed it as well.

God I hope it doesn't end up like John wick. I thought the dialogue and story were subpar at best. Action scenes were only thing that saved that movie. (I haven't got to see the second one though)

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

BugsySig wrote:There's quite a few examples like that. Known, but not seen as a "star". But fill out the cast with solid actors, have crisp effects and visuals, and then surprise people with just a decent story, and you can have a hit.
And just to round out the conversation, there's no guarantee a big name will succeed. Tom Cruise in a known and successful franchise like The Mummy isn't doing all that hot, apparently. While I've not seen it, I'm sure the visuals were nothing short of fantastic.

Now, this is all relative, of course. I'm sure VEI would be delighted if Bloodshot made half of what the Mummy did at the box office.