Iron Man vs XO

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium
Iron Man vs XO

Post by DirtbagSailor »

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Re: Iron Man vs XO

Post by jmatt »

Thanks for the link!

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

I was expecting something about the old video game.

That guy basically gave Iron Man's origin from the movies. Is he basing Iron Man on the movies or the comics?

TheeBaldMoose
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Chiclo wrote:I was expecting something about the old video game.

That guy basically gave Iron Man's origin from the movies. Is he basing Iron Man on the movies or the comics?
I kind of thought the same thing, was this comic book or movie? I kind of thought Iron Man needed a mix of everything bad arse regarding the books and the movies to even have much of a chance regarding this fight.
Moose

Summydad1
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O/Bloodshot/Ninjak/Rai
Favorite title: X-O (2012)/Harby (2012)
Favorite writer: Kindt/Venditti/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS/Braithwaite/Crain

Post by Summydad1 »

I don't care which Ironman is in the fight, X-O would ruin him. Even without the suits Aric would crush Tony. Just my biased opinion.
"Do. Or do not. There is no try" -Yoda

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

When you stop and listen to the power-set rundown, X-O sounds ridiculously overpowered.

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

Oh LORDY so much I could say here....

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Hmm....on the surface I think Aric would seem to have the edge, at least in a first battle. However given a chance to see his foe in action, Tony might be able to find a way to counteract or neutralize the X-O Armor in a subsequent encounter. Could go either way really.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

jmatt wrote:When you stop and listen to the power-set rundown, X-O sounds ridiculously overpowered.
I had the same reaction.

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

Chiclo wrote:
jmatt wrote:When you stop and listen to the power-set rundown, X-O sounds ridiculously overpowered.
I had the same reaction.
He's invincible, impervious and omnipotent.
Daniel Jackson wrote:Hmm....on the surface I think Aric would seem to have the edge, at least in a first battle. However given a chance to see his foe in action, Tony might be able to find a way to counteract or neutralize the X-O Armor in a subsequent encounter. Could go either way really.
True. In the movies, I saw him invent a new element in sixty seconds by analyzing a fifty year old model of the World's Fair. facepalm

I guess, technically, Howard Stark invented it. But the point is that Tony is pretty smart and resourceful so it could feasibly be written either way.

"So, Aric... do you mind if I call you Aric? The X-O armor seems to have the ability to flow and coalesce around you. I wonder, how do all of those armor... particles ... know where the other ones are? How do they communicate? Standard electromagnetic waves would be easy to jam, so I'm guessing it's some kind of tachyon transmission. Jarvis, activate the tachyon inhibitor module."

Shanhara melts to the floor and pools round Aric's feet.

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

jmatt wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
I had the same reaction.
Daniel Jackson wrote:Hmm....on the surface I think Aric would seem to have the edge, at least in a first battle. However given a chance to see his foe in action, Tony might be able to find a way to counteract or neutralize the X-O Armor in a subsequent encounter. Could go either way really.
True. In the movies, I saw him invent a new element in sixty seconds by analyzing a fifty year old model of the World's Fair. facepalm

I guess, technically, Howard Stark invented it. But the point is that Tony is pretty smart and resourceful so it could feasibly be written either way.

"So, Aric... do you mind if I call you Aric? The X-O armor seems to have the ability to flow and coalesce around you. I wonder, how do all of those armor... particles ... know where the other ones are? How do they communicate? Standard electromagnetic waves would be easy to jam, so I'm guessing it's some kind of tachyon transmission. Jarvis, activate the tachyon inhibitor module."

Ha ha...I can actually see that being done and then Aric goes berserk and manages to destroy Tony's armor like Cap did in Civil War. Tony barely manages to escape and Aric is forced to locate another suit of armor in a sequel.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

jmatt wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
I had the same reaction.

I was watching some sci-fi show the other day, maybe Dark Matter?, and their ship had initiated a stream of tachyon particles.

It occurred to me that simply being able to create a stream of tachyons may be the most remarkable ability of many of these ships in sci-fi, even moreso than faster than light travel. A tachyon does not describe a single kind of particle, rather a tachyon is any particle travelling faster than the speed of light. Any particle.

So... how would one inhibit tachyons? That's like stopping all reptiles.

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

Chiclo wrote:So... how would one inhibit tachyons? That's like stopping all reptiles.
Because comics. Just riffing there. I knew you'd be the one to call me on it. :P

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

jmatt wrote:
Chiclo wrote:So... how would one inhibit tachyons? That's like stopping all reptiles.
Because comics. Just riffing there. I knew you'd be the one to call me on it. :P
Only because it was fresh on my mind. :thumb: