Joshua Dysart question

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill
Re: Joshua Dysart question

Post by nonplayer »

nonplayer wrote:
nonplayer wrote:
jrnewto wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:So three people here know what it is that he's working on. That gives me the impression that it's not all that big a secret, so why not just tell everyone else what he's working on? :?

Here here Shadowman99:) Pity we can’t digitally tie them up and tickle them with feathers until they give us the answer;)
nonplayer wrote:I would be happy to see Dysart working on anything for Valiant after their fall out. Least it's a foot in the door. he could put out a fart book and I'd buy it.
What is this about a falling out between Dysart and Valiant? What was the falling out about?
I'm not privy to share that information. Good luck

Valiant and Dysart didn't have common ideas about the direction of the universe.
That's All I know. To me that's a falling out!
So this is what we got. Valiant high, scooby doo and the Gen 0 gang. Not to mention cancel Harbinger and Imperium. Why you may ask well that's the million dollar question.
I Miss the good old days.

jrnewto
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter

Post by jrnewto »

nonplayer wrote:I'm not privy to share that information. Good luck
Then why bother referring to it on a public board?

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

jrnewto wrote:
Yeah, that irritates me tbh. A handful of the guys here have semi-regular(?) contact with VEI staff and often know a lot of stuff that's going to be coming up or happening in the universe and that's fine, but there's also a lot of "I know this but can't say yet" which can be interpreted in a number of ways. Gets up my nose a bit if I'm honest.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

Shadowman99
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

nonplayer wrote:
nonplayer wrote:
nonplayer wrote:
jrnewto wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:So three people here know what it is that he's working on. That gives me the impression that it's not all that big a secret, so why not just tell everyone else what he's working on? :?

Here here Shadowman99:) Pity we can’t digitally tie them up and tickle them with feathers until they give us the answer;)
nonplayer wrote:I would be happy to see Dysart working on anything for Valiant after their fall out. Least it's a foot in the door. he could put out a fart book and I'd buy it.
What is this about a falling out between Dysart and Valiant? What was the falling out about?
I'm not privy to share that information. Good luck

Valiant and Dysart didn't have common ideas about the direction of the universe.
That's All I know. To me that's a falling out!
So this is what we got. Valiant high, scooby doo and the Gen 0 gang. Not to mention cancel Harbinger and Imperium. Why you may ask well that's the million dollar question.
Just my :twocents: but from what I've read it didn't seem like a falling out. Dysart wanted to develop a corner of the VU one way, the company wanted it taken another way and so when Imperium's numbers got low the series got cancelled and hasn't been picked up in any form since. Seems to me like both parties parted ways temporarily along a logical progression with no hard feelings.

Besides, if there really was some bad blood between Dysart and VEI he surely wouldn't be working on a new project for them?
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

jrnewto

Post by jrnewto »

Shadowman99 wrote:Yeah, that irritates me tbh. A handful of the guys here have semi-regular(?) contact with VEI staff and often know a lot of stuff that's going to be coming up or happening in the universe and that's fine, but there's also a lot of "I know this but can't say yet" which can be interpreted in a number of ways. Gets up my nose a bit if I'm honest.[/color]
I'm with you Jack. If they know they can't say anything, why put it out there? To make themselves have more status on the boards than us mere plebs, I'd suggest. Pathetic that to feel a sense of status, they have to resort to doing so on a comic board;)

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

jrnewto wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:Yeah, that irritates me tbh. A handful of the guys here have semi-regular(?) contact with VEI staff and often know a lot of stuff that's going to be coming up or happening in the universe and that's fine, but there's also a lot of "I know this but can't say yet" which can be interpreted in a number of ways. Gets up my nose a bit if I'm honest.[/color]
I'm with you Jack. If they know they can't say anything, why put it out there? To make themselves have more status on the boards than us mere plebs, I'd suggest. Pathetic that to feel a sense of status, they have to resort to doing so on a comic board;)
Those you are talking about are very well respected and long time members of this board. I'd maybe consider that.
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

nonplayer

Post by nonplayer »

jrnewto wrote:
It's a joke keep reading I actuelly tell you what I know.

jrnewto

Post by jrnewto »

jeremycoe wrote:Those you are talking about are very well respected and long time members of this board. I'd maybe consider that.
People don't get my respect when they come in and effectively post "I know but you don't, nyah-nyah-nya-nya-nyah"

nonplayer

Post by nonplayer »

jeremycoe wrote:
jrnewto wrote:
Those you are talking about are very well respected and long time members of this board. I'd maybe consider that.
I was kidding and I did answer. they didn't read it all. And I do belive it's a falling out.
How awsome we got Raffer now and now he's doing everything. Seems to me Valiant took a direction and did a full about turn and went another with Raffer winding everything down and I'm feeling like with webisode a Harbinger Wars #2 event it will soon build back Up. This is my hope and I'm holding on grasping to that hope. Because I don't like what Raffer had done it feels like he's steered the Valiant boat onto a reef and the passed year we've been waiting for the tide to come back in. I am hopeful the exciting journey can begin again anew.

paradise
Major Valiant-supporting retailer
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite title: X-O Manowar, Unity
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Bart Sears

Post by paradise »

jrnewto wrote:
jeremycoe wrote:Those you are talking about are very well respected and long time members of this board. I'd maybe consider that.
People don't get my respect when they come in and effectively post "I know but you don't, nyah-nyah-nya-nya-nyah"
Hey, I don't know you and you don't know me, so I am not worried about respect either way.

If you have been on this board a while, this kind of ribbing is par for the course, it's not meant to make you feel less or anything like that. To be honest I don't really know, it's just messing with people. (or do I?) :) People here are friends, and friends mess with each other. Thank gods you are not Canadian :)
Edward
COLLECTOR'S PARADISE Stores:(Canoga Park, Pasadena, North Hollywood)
7131 Winnetka Ave - Canoga Park, CA - 91306 - 818-999-9455
319 S. Arroyo Parkway - Pasadena, CA - 91105 - 626-577-6694
5118 Lankershim Blvd - NoHo, CA - 91601 - 818-980-BOOK
http://ComicsAndCards.net

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

to piggy-back here a little, if you follow Dinesh on twitter or Instagram, he is always doing this kind of thing. Don't take it so personal. For me, if I don't know, and I really want to know, I do the research and I figure it out.

If I don't know, and I don't care to know, then I press on..... Like here
Moose

paradise
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite title: X-O Manowar, Unity
Favorite artist: Bart Sears

Post by paradise »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:to piggy-back here a little, if you follow Dinesh on twitter or Instagram, he is always doing this kind of thing. Don't take it so personal. For me, if I don't know, and I really want to know, I do the research and I figure it out.

If I don't know, and I don't care to know, then I press on..... Like here
Exactly, it's building suspense, not trying to make you feel less than. Trust me, it's NOT an ego thing
Edward
COLLECTOR'S PARADISE Stores:(Canoga Park, Pasadena, North Hollywood)
7131 Winnetka Ave - Canoga Park, CA - 91306 - 818-999-9455
319 S. Arroyo Parkway - Pasadena, CA - 91105 - 626-577-6694
5118 Lankershim Blvd - NoHo, CA - 91601 - 818-980-BOOK
http://ComicsAndCards.net

AnarchoMambo
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Jeff Lemire
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine
Joshua Dysart question

Post by AnarchoMambo »

I like it. It's like you guys have heard about something, and you know that it's cool, so you tell us that it's cool. Another fan liking a particular direction that the company is taking is reassuring to me. That builds excitement for me too. Who cares if I won't find out what the actual event is until everyone else does? If I didn't happen to be within earshot of the nerd boss when he let a revelation slip, so what? It's still a privilege to be a regular fan of Valiant.

Ricomortis
lookin pu nub in all da wong pwaces
lookin pu nub in all da wong pwaces
Favorite character: Shadowman - Harada
Favorite title: Imperium
Favorite writer: Dysart & Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Larosa, Henry & CAFU

Post by Ricomortis »

I see it as the guys that know that can't say anything are just reinforcing the fact that whatever it is going to be cool. I like that... Gets me excited... I think they are excited and can't wait for us who don't know to know.

It' all good....

....and they ARE LONG STANDING RESPECTED board members...

Rico

Check out my Gallery for this year: A year in the life of Ricomortis (2018) http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 35&t=50927" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out my Gallery for last year: "A year in the life of Ricomortis (2017)" http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 6#p1056798" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thegreatmagnet
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by Thegreatmagnet »

Know what happens when you get inside information relayed in confidence and then turn around and spill the beans? They turn off the faucet and you're on the outside forever. I think it's awesome that anyone on the board actually talks to Dysart and has an inside line, easy if it can seem teasey. Go track down Brian, Ed, Elveen, etc. in person at a con and maybe they might be willing to share a secret that they can't post publicly on the board...

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

It doesn't bother me at all that our board has some insiders that are willing to chip in some optimism even if they can't be more specific.

If somebody posts "WTH happened to Dysart?" and someone else responds "I know the guy and he's working on something we'll all be excited about"... that's information. Now you know that Dysart is still onboard with VEI and working on something good.

I don't begrudge them an occasional teaser post. I'd do the same darn thing. It's just fun, not personal. :twocents:

ShadowTuga
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.

Post by ShadowTuga »

jmatt wrote:It doesn't bother me at all that our board has some insiders that are willing to chip in some optimism even if they can't be more specific.

If somebody posts "WTH happened to Dysart?" and someone else responds "I know the guy and he's working on something we'll all be excited about"... that's information. Now you know that Dysart is still onboard with VEI and working on something good.

I don't begrudge them an occasional teaser post. I'd do the same darn thing. It's just fun, not personal. :twocents:
My take on it, also. If I knew something really cool was about to be on the open, but I knew about it first, I'd prob tease it just to keep our community in a "optimistic"mood, if this makes sense. Like, "don't worry, I can't tell exactly what's going to happen, but WE will all be amazed". That kinda thing, not a jerk who tries to be whatever peeps are implying. The NNBB is older than me in this site, I am well used to it and embrace it. :thumb:
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

jrnewto wrote:
betterthanezra wrote:No and No...-Brian
Is your rejection of Bl00dshot's suggestion at those two titles because you know what series he is going to be writing? Otherwise how can you reject out of hand?
Meaning he is not writing those two books. I do know what he is writing and that's also something I can't say...

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

betterthanezra

Post by betterthanezra »

jrnewto wrote:
I didn't put it out there I just said those are not the characters or the books Dysart is working on you can take it or leave it, honestly I don't care.

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

My Valiant story here

betterthanezra

Post by betterthanezra »

Keep in mind if I blabbed about what he is writing then that also hinders a relationship that I have had with him since I first met him in 2011 before his first book with Valiant hit the stands. So I'm not going to ruin that to satisfy some fan boys. We are all "Fan boys" if we weren't we wouldn't be active members of this message board. Josh has been a guest at my SDCC Valiant panel every year since Valiant started publishing again so it's a great friendship that would be stupid to ruin. I'm not trying to be a *SQUEE* I'm just pointing out why I'm not going to divulge info that he told me to not.

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

My Valiant story here