Universe and Continuity Inquiry

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

thekingdomofike
Magnus, Solar, and Turok
Magnus, Solar, and Turok
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Obadiah Archer
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Universe and Continuity Inquiry

Post by thekingdomofike »

So, Ninjak vs. The Valiant Universe is a web-series. Cool. Is it going to be set in the same universe as the upcoming movies????

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium
Re: Universe and Continuity Inquiry

Post by DirtbagSailor »

thekingdomofike wrote:So, Ninjak vs. The Valiant Universe is a web-series. Cool. Is it going to be set in the same universe as the upcoming movies????
Doubtful.

I suspect this will be the same difference as the D.C. Tv shows (Flash, Supergirl, Arrow) as opposed to the D.C. Movies (Batman va Superman, Man of Steel, Wonder Woman).

SuperMage
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Favorite character: Animalia
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by SuperMage »

No. Dinesh already confirmed that Ninjak Vs. is its own thing. The unannounced Dr. Mirage series would also be in its own continuity if it's greenlit. It's unclear of Quatum and Woody could interact with Ninjak.

The films are their own thing. Right now it's just Harbinger and Bloodshot with actors specifically for those films. Archer & Armstrong and Shadow man may join them, but I think Valiant is intentionally waiting to see what the box office results to Bloodshot are before they commit more franchises to Sony. If not then they have the opportunity to find someone else to distribute the films, or they can work out a deal similar to the one Marvel has with Sony right now.

So currently there are three live action Valiant Universe.

Film Universe: Harbinger (Sony), Bloodshot (Sony), Shadowman (Studio Pending), Archer & Armstrong (Studio Pending)

T.V. Universe: Dr. Mirage (CW), Quantum and Woody (Network Pending)

Websites Universe: Ninjak Vs.

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar

Post by Shadowman99 »

This is just my impression of the Valiant movie-verse at the moment, but it seems to me that everything so far is isolated except the Bloodshot/Harbinger films which will eventually clash in the Harbinger Wars film. Even the Shadowman film seems unlikely to me to step out of its own corner at this point in time.

Whilst the film universe is establishing itself this might not be a bad thing at all, if it's the case.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

I imagine that the Ninjak webseries is more to get visibility amongst the geek community, to hopefully bring in more readers and establish a built-in audience when they move on to television and movies. The Valiant universe isn't so complicated that they couldn't have all of their media properties in a shared universe, so I imagine that they'll leave the possibility open to that while having most of their projects stand alone.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: V-Diddy

Post by Sven the Returned »

kjjohanson wrote:I imagine that the Ninjak webseries is more to get visibility amongst the geek community, to hopefully bring in more readers and establish a built-in audience when they move on to television and movies. The Valiant universe isn't so complicated that they couldn't have all of their media properties in a shared universe, so I imagine that they'll leave the possibility open to that while having most of their projects stand alone.
I am still worried about the tone of certain properties contrasting with others but i have hope.