When will Valiant be Considered #3?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: V-Diddy
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Re: When will Valiant be Considered #3?

Post by Sven the Returned »

It's the comic book market...

Stuff does not make sense, it is what it is. Don't lose hope.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Sven the Returned wrote:It's the comic book market...

Stuff does not make sense, it is what it is. Don't lose hope.
It's not even about sales. Image is locked in at 3, and the many licensed and creator owned properties at Dark Horse, IDW, Boom!, Dynamite, and Titan make it difficult for VEI to make a huge jump at this time.

The article is more about the collective belief in the importance of various shared universes. The fact that universes that are either a) dead, or b) incorporated into other universes (i.e. Wildstorm, Charlton, Fawcett) are still "ranked" ahead of VALIANT is a travesty, but also speaks to their lack of penetration beyond the comic market. This is where the movies, tv shows, etc. become so important for increasing the company's exposure.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

kinggirlfriend
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: CAFU

Post by kinggirlfriend »

BugsySig wrote:
Sven the Returned wrote:The article is more about the collective belief in the importance of various shared universes. The fact that universes that are either a) dead, or b) incorporated into other universes (i.e. Wildstorm, Charlton, Fawcett) are still "ranked" ahead of VALIANT is a travesty, but also speaks to their lack of penetration beyond the comic market. This is where the movies, tv shows, etc. become so important for increasing the company's exposure.
I agree. I'm a pretty hardcore comic nerd. I collected Valiant in the '90s, but I've always been aware of the greater comic publishing landscape, even if it's properties that I'm not necessarily a fan or collector of. Yet I'm always shocked by fellow comic readers who have never heard of Valiant, X-O, Harbinger, Shadowman, etc.

Valiant should be bigger, I talk them up to anyone who gets withing ten feet of me and is willing to listen.

Jrosen
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by Jrosen »

I'll be honest, I never heard of Valiant until Generation Zero came out. The two local stores by my house don't carry Valiant titles and will only special order them for subscriptions. I stumbled upon it because the new store that I frequent highly recommended Zero.

I'm definitely hooked, but I don't think Valiant can be considered as the #3 until more stores commonly carry it.