Highlander movie Eternal Warrior movie collision course

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: V-Diddy
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Highlander movie Eternal Warrior movie collision course

Post by Sven the Returned »

Harbinger will be called X-Men clone. i guess we can add this to the pile also. i have no idea if this Highlander thing will ever happen but it is in motion.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
Re: Highlander movie Eternal Warrior movie collision course

Post by greg »

I used to worry about the Highlander comparisons, but the Highlander only makes sense from "there can be only one" standpoint of killing off the other immortals.

The Eternal Warrior is different. An immortal (who can be killed, he just comes back, painfully if necessary) who has to decide what to do with immortality.

Do you try to figure out who's on the right side of history and fight with them? Do you try to stay out of it? Do you have relationships with mortals? Do you try to make multi-hundred year plans?

He's like Wolverine if Wolverine's first days were 10,000 years ago and he had been alive the whole time since.

There are comparisons to be made between most superheroes who have similarities... but there should be enough differences to make compelling stories.

Otherwise, why would we ever care about any fiction? Anything supposedly entertaining about humans should be boring or copycat or "clone" since we have no powers at all.

Having two Highlanders or two Wolverines or two Supermen or whatever is still billions of fewer copies than stories about people. :lol: