Ninjak

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Wodwulf Seaxaning
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: 2017
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Duane Swierczynski
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Ninjak

Post by Wodwulf Seaxaning »

I've been reading the Ninjak series prepping to get into the current Ninja-K series. I have to admit going into it I wasn't sure how I'd like it, what little I knew of Colin was based on what I read in 'The Valiant"; which was he was highly skilled & a snobbish bloke. But reading his own book you see how he became who he is & how these events are informing his continual development. I have two more GNs to read & I am looking forward to finding out how Colin progresses. I also want to see how things develop between him & Livewire; plus his relationship with Punk Mambo. I so want to see what Ninja-K has in store for Colin but I'll be patient. That said, I will be buying Rapture to see what the story line portends not only for the Valiant Universe but Colin's future as well.

I cannot say Colin/Ninjak is my favorite character or even 2nd favorite character but he is up there; but I am still discovering what the Valiant Universe has to offer. So far Bloodshot is my favorite Valiant character, only time will tell if Colin/Ninjak will take the second spot or another spot on my list of favorite Valiant characters.

WrathOfArmstrong
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: April 2017
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Wrath of Eternal Warrior
Favorite writer: Venditte
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp
Re: Ninjak

Post by WrathOfArmstrong »

I loved the Lost Files of the initial run, it added a ton of depth to his psyche and was often stronger than the missions he was on. I cringed at the idea of Ninjak initially thinking it was going to be cheesy (if not presently but in the original run as well). But it's not, and I'm looking forward to the Classic Omnibus as much as I am Ninja-K.

That said, I was under the impression that he was much darker (Kind of like Dexter Morgan as James Bond), but since Unity he comes off as a much nicer/less slash happy bloke--and often the most likely to be doing the right thing. I'd like to see some of his darker instincts return. Instead of Daredevil bring him back to Elektra.

Wodwulf Seaxaning

I've finished his main run & found out I do need Rapture after all grr. I should've peaked at the back before I sent in my order. But that said, I enjoyed the run. I liked how things developed & you are correct that the Lost Missions were great, especially how they give you a look into his past. I want to see how Roku deals with the aftermath of the situation. I wonder how much a role if any Livewire plays in both the Rapture & Ninja-K story lines.

I wasn't sure what to think of him initially from his appearance in The Valiant & how a British "Ninja" would work. I love Ninja's, being that I grew up on the Sho Kosugi Ninja movies & the American Ninja films; plus the various Ninja themed comics & manga I've read over the years. I wasn't sure if Ninjak would come off like a cheesy American Ninja clone but British & with high tech gadgets. I like how he is presented & I like how his relationship between him & Gilad is developing.

OhioValiantNut
Dr. OhioValiantNut
Dr. OhioValiantNut
Valiant fan since: 1995
Favorite writer: Shooter
Favorite artist: Perlin

Post by OhioValiantNut »

My lcs FORGOT TO ORDER NINJA-K ... :!: :censored: :!: :censored: :!:

facepalm
"Dear Universe, you will deliver unto me a Bloodshot Platinum Error for under $1000!!!"

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

OhioValiantNut wrote:My lcs FORGOT TO ORDER NINJA-K ... :!: :censored: :!: :censored: :!:

facepalm
What kind of LCS forgets to order the first issue of a pretty big title (granted for a small company, but not tiny).
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

Wodwulf Seaxaning

OhioValiantNut wrote:My lcs FORGOT TO ORDER NINJA-K ... :!: :censored: :!: :censored: :!:

facepalm
Nooooooooooooooo That so sucks.

Wodwulf Seaxaning

WOOT!!!!! One of the local Library has in the print copy of Rapture & I put it on reserve. Now I can get caught up on Ninjak's story-line. Before I start into Ninja-K.