Turok 1 & 2 Remastered

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Keith
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL
Turok 1 & 2 Remastered

Post by Keith »

Stumbled across the on the Xbox Live Store, and then saw it confirmed on Bleeding Cool:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02/23 ... -xbox-one/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

WrathOfArmstrong
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: April 2017
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Wrath of Eternal Warrior
Favorite writer: Venditte
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp
Re: Turok 1 & 2 Remastered

Post by WrathOfArmstrong »

one of these days I'll get up to date with these video game systems and their online stores. Always felt the first Turok was clunky and it never survived a few minutes in my N64 once Goldeneye came out. The second was a masterpiece of gore effects and atmosphere. But the one I enjoyed the most was Turok 3--it had more of an arcade action dynamic that made it easy to pick up and not have to spend hours wandering foggy areas.

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

It's neat that the games are coming out for Xbox, but for 20 bucks, I personally would have like to have seen the games remastered to today's standards. Also, the article mentions Nightdive Studios is bringing the game back. I wonder how many hoops they had to jump through to get the rights to put these out?

David_Cody
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O 14
Favorite character: Sting
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by David_Cody »

I loved the first Turok on the N64. Had to play on God Mode to beat it though. facepalm

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

David_Cody wrote:I loved the first Turok on the N64. Had to play on God Mode to beat it though. facepalm
That was one the neat things about Turok that I wish more games would incorporate. Using codes to give you infinite ammo, health etc... Basically play the game the way you want. As long as it's a single player game, I don't see why they all don't do something along these lines.

corey
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 1st turok
Favorite character: x-o manowar
Favorite title: x-o manowar

Post by corey »

Daniel Jackson wrote:
David_Cody wrote:I loved the first Turok on the N64. Had to play on God Mode to beat it though. facepalm
That was one the neat things about Turok that I wish more games would incorporate. Using codes to give you infinite ammo, health etc... Basically play the game the way you want. As long as it's a single player game, I don't see why they all don't do something along these lines.

why havent u made this yet then?

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

Daniel Jackson wrote:It's neat that the games are coming out for Xbox, but for 20 bucks, I personally would have like to have seen the games remastered to today's standards. Also, the article mentions Nightdive Studios is bringing the game back. I wonder how many hoops they had to jump through to get the rights to put these out?

What were the original production dates on them? Maybe they lapsed into public use?

I haven't a clue but thinking they maybe didn't need to do as much as you might be thinking DJ...
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

myron wrote:
Daniel Jackson wrote:It's neat that the games are coming out for Xbox, but for 20 bucks, I personally would have like to have seen the games remastered to today's standards. Also, the article mentions Nightdive Studios is bringing the game back. I wonder how many hoops they had to jump through to get the rights to put these out?

What were the original production dates on them? Maybe they lapsed into public use?

I haven't a clue but thinking they maybe didn't need to do as much as you might be thinking DJ...
Yeah, you might be right about the game itself, but someone still owns the rights to the name and I'm sure they will want some $$$ for anyone using it.