Will People Please Stop Spreading Lies/Misinformation!?

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

I'm a tad annoyed because I keep seeing multiple people in here, and on Facebook and Twitter, saying that Eric Heisserer is leaving Valiant.

THIS IS NOT TRUE

I mean, sure, he might be. There's a good chance of him leaving, but there is absolutely zero evidence to back this claim up. BleedingCool made a stupid article announcing his departure (without citing any evidence), and Heisserer corrected them on Twitter later.

Nairbe
Re: Will People Please Stop Spreading Lies/Misinformation!?

Post by Nairbe »

TheFerg714 wrote:I'm a tad annoyed because I keep seeing multiple people in here, and on Facebook and Twitter, saying that Eric Heisserer is leaving Valiant.

THIS IS NOT TRUE

I mean, sure, he might be. There's a good chance of him leaving, but there is absolutely zero evidence to back this claim up. BleedingCool made a stupid article announcing his departure (without citing any evidence), and Heisserer corrected them on Twitter later.
1.) Chill out.
2.) I said I believe he was gone, and it was based on the Bleeding Cool article and his twitter (which stated he's not sure of his status, he didn't deny anything about the article) You took it one way, I took it another. That's why I said I BELIEVE! You don't know he's staying, I don't know for sure he's leaving.

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

Ok please don't get mad at me but

My understanding (in talking to certain people) is Eric isn't writing anything "right now" for Valiant. Anything had had in the pipe has been either put on indefinite hold for was far enough in production to ever come out.

Don't believe everything you might read there was a reason HWII was restructured. Sometimes when someone tells you to read between the lines it's time to read between the lines. You might not like what you read but the truth hurts.

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Does this mean Paula Deen is not black?

:?

TheFerg714
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by TheFerg714 »

betterthanezra wrote:Ok please don't get mad at me but

My understanding (in talking to certain people) is Eric isn't writing anything "right now" for Valiant. Anything had had in the pipe has been either put on indefinite hold for was far enough in production to ever come out.

Don't believe everything you might read there was a reason HWII was restructured. Sometimes when someone tells you to read between the lines it's time to read between the lines. You might not like what you read but the truth hurts.

-Brian
I totally agree with this. All I'm saying is that it's ridiculous to say for certain that he's gone. I would agree that, when reading between the lines, it kind of looks like Heisserer might be leaving, but I'm just sick of people passing it off as fact before anything's been set in stone.
Nairbe wrote: 1.) Chill out.
2.) I said I believe he was gone, and it was based on the Bleeding Cool article and his twitter (which stated he's not sure of his status, he didn't deny anything about the article) You took it one way, I took it another. That's why I said I BELIEVE! You don't know he's staying, I don't know for sure he's leaving.
You weren't the only one. And you said "HW2 prelude will be his last book," which is a claim that you have no evidence for.

My point is that I don't know whether he's leaving or not, and neither does anyone else, so stop jumping to conclusions.

kinggirlfriend
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: CAFU

Post by kinggirlfriend »

Reading his twitter feed, to me it sounds less like "I'm leaving" and more like "I did the work I was hired for and there's no new work in the pipeline. I'd love to do more but .... *crickets*". Which in itself is a huge disappointment. I feel like before the shakeup there was plans for more (RAMPANT BASELESS SPECULATION ON MY PART!), he seemed to have great optimistic excitement regarding his future at Valiant. Now ..... *crickets*

Can we get an exterminator to spray for all these damn crickets!

rkjock1
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1, 1992
Favorite character: VEI Dr. Mirage
Favorite title: Shadowman
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Roberto De La Torre

Post by rkjock1 »

TheFerg714 wrote:I'm a tad annoyed because I keep seeing multiple people in here, and on Facebook and Twitter, saying that Eric Heisserer is leaving Valiant.

THIS IS NOT TRUE

Just real quick, because I haven't weighed in one way or the other up until now, but how is you proclaiming that he's not leaving, despite the Bleeding Cool article, not also potentially spreading disinformation? I mean "THIS IS NOT TRUE" is a pretty definitive statement on your part, which may very well prove to be wrong.

I know everything is up in the air right now, and DMG is choosing not to provide any info whatsoever (which seems to be a large misstep imho) but you have no more information than anyone else does, and if EH doesn't do anymore writing, you then are just as guilty of spreading misinformation at the moment as the people you are pointing fingers at.

Just my two cents.
I wonder what it would be like to be a lonely, muck-encrusted monster? Probably be an improvement.

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

Schrödinger's Writer? Heisserer's uncertainty principle?

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

kinggirlfriend wrote:Reading his twitter feed, to me it sounds less like "I'm leaving" and more like "I did the work I was hired for and there's no new work in the pipeline. I'd love to do more but .... *crickets*". Which in itself is a huge disappointment. I feel like before the shakeup there was plans for more (RAMPANT BASELESS SPECULATION ON MY PART!), he seemed to have great optimistic excitement regarding his future at Valiant. Now ..... *crickets*

Can we get an exterminator to spray for all these damn crickets!
This!!!! facepalm
#StayValiant

tell
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by tell »

Eric Heisserer has webbed toes because he is part duck, also he only eats grapes. Read between the lines of his twitter and you'll see he makes it pretty clear.

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

tell wrote:Eric Heisserer has webbed toes because he is part duck, also he only eats grapes. Read between the lines of his twitter and you'll see he makes it pretty clear.
I've been trying to figure out what type of grapes. Is he a red grape man?
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

Funcha
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Bob Layton
Favorite artist: Barry Windsor Smith

Post by Funcha »

All I know is that if Valiant ever does Birthquake again, that’s when it’s all over for Valiant fans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WrathOfArmstrong
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: April 2017
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Wrath of Eternal Warrior
Favorite writer: Venditte

Post by WrathOfArmstrong »

Funcha wrote:All I know is that if Valiant ever does Birthquake again, that’s when it’s all over for Valiant fans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It would be cool if the new regime decided to troll us with a Birthquake 12-issue event series announcement on April 1st.... just to show us they're watching and mindful...

ShadowTuga
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Valiant fan since: 2012

Post by ShadowTuga »

We live in a fake news world now, don't know why you are so upset. :P :kidaround:
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

SuperMage
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Animalia
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by SuperMage »

ShadowTuga wrote:We live in a fake news world now, don't know why you are so upset. :P :kidaround:
https://goo.gl/images/62L629

Beat me to the punch. Until we hear Heisserer himself we have to assume he's still writing for Valiant. He tweet was very explicit in clarifying that he was NOT leaving despite the rumors. He has clarified this TWICE. The future of Secret Weapons is unknown until the DMG manage settles in. Until there's an official statement assume that Eric is just waiting until the new management decides what they want.

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Variety recently reported that he's writing the screenplay for the Bloodshot movie.

Now, I suppose that could change but that sure doesn't sound like he's leaving. And if the report is true, not only is he writing something for VEI but perhaps the single most important thing that's ever been written for Valiant.

betterthanezra

Post by betterthanezra »

jmatt wrote:Variety recently reported that he's writing the screenplay for the Bloodshot movie.

Now, I suppose that could change but that sure doesn't sound like he's leaving. And if the report is true, not only is he writing something for VEI but perhaps the single most important thing that's ever been written for Valiant.
That's the same screenplay that's been in Sony Entertainments hands for about three years. Will there be changes to the script yes I just hope it's Eric that makes those changes...

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

My Valiant story here

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

betterthanezra wrote:
jmatt wrote:Variety recently reported that he's writing the screenplay for the Bloodshot movie.

That's the same screenplay that's been in Sony Entertainments hands for about three years. Will there be changes to the script yes I just hope it's Eric that makes those changes...

-Brian

the script is already very VERY good. I hope it does not get changed that much.

betterthanezra

Post by betterthanezra »

Elveen wrote:
betterthanezra wrote:

-Brian
the script is already very VERY good. I hope it does not get changed that much.
Yes it is I’m so very excited for this to blow people away

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

My Valiant story here

paradise
Major Valiant-supporting retailer
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite title: X-O Manowar, Unity
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Bart Sears

Post by paradise »

betterthanezra wrote:

-Brian
Except now you have a certain someone who used to be at VEI working on the SONY side of that movie being made, w/out ANY (ZERO) involvement from DMG. (not a rumor) :)
Edward
COLLECTOR'S PARADISE Stores:(Canoga Park, Pasadena, North Hollywood)
7131 Winnetka Ave - Canoga Park, CA - 91306 - 818-999-9455
319 S. Arroyo Parkway - Pasadena, CA - 91105 - 626-577-6694
5118 Lankershim Blvd - NoHo, CA - 91601 - 818-980-BOOK
http://ComicsAndCards.net

Ricomortis
lookin pu nub in all da wong pwaces
Favorite character: Shadowman - Harada
Favorite title: Imperium
Favorite writer: Dysart & Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Larosa, Henry & CAFU

Post by Ricomortis »

paradise wrote:
betterthanezra wrote:

-Brian
Except now you have a certain someone who used to be at VEI working on the SONY side of that movie being made, w/out ANY (ZERO) involvement from DMG. (not a rumor) :)
:o

Ed... Is that Dino's present to us on his birthday! That would be AWESOME!

Check out my Gallery for this year: A year in the life of Ricomortis (2018) http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 35&t=50927" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out my Gallery for last year: "A year in the life of Ricomortis (2017)" http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 6#p1056798" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ricomortis
Favorite character: Shadowman - Harada
Favorite title: Imperium
Favorite writer: Dysart & Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Larosa, Henry & CAFU

Post by Ricomortis »

If so... It makes sense... And VERY VERY smart of Sony.

I mean... He did get his degree for this... :D

Check out my Gallery for this year: A year in the life of Ricomortis (2018) http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 35&t=50927" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out my Gallery for last year: "A year in the life of Ricomortis (2017)" http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewto ... 6#p1056798" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

paradise
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite title: X-O Manowar, Unity
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Bart Sears

Post by paradise »

Ricomortis wrote: :o

Ed... Is that Dino's present to us on his birthday! That would be AWESOME!
It's my own statement that I will attribute to nobody specific (YET) :) but it's true :)
Edward
COLLECTOR'S PARADISE Stores:(Canoga Park, Pasadena, North Hollywood)
7131 Winnetka Ave - Canoga Park, CA - 91306 - 818-999-9455
319 S. Arroyo Parkway - Pasadena, CA - 91105 - 626-577-6694
5118 Lankershim Blvd - NoHo, CA - 91601 - 818-980-BOOK
http://ComicsAndCards.net

betterthanezra

Post by betterthanezra »

paradise wrote:
betterthanezra wrote:

-Brian
This is true and it’s awesome !!!!!!

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

My Valiant story here

AnarchoMambo
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Jeff Lemire
Favorite artist: Trevor Hairsine

Post by AnarchoMambo »

!!!!!!!!!!!!