Now that Bloodshot is set to go before cameras...

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Funcha
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Bob Layton
Favorite artist: Barry Windsor Smith
Now that Bloodshot is set to go before cameras...

Post by Funcha »

... where are we with Harbinger?! I'm dying to know more about this one. If they're smart at all they'll cast Ken Watanabe as Toyo Harada.

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite writer: V-Diddy
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Re: Now that Bloodshot is set to go before cameras...

Post by Sven the Returned »

Funcha wrote:... where are we with Harbinger?! I'm dying to know more about this one. If they're smart at all they'll cast Ken Watanabe as Toyo Harada.
I think studios realized that there is limited number of shared universes moviegoers will support.

So... :(

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham

Post by Juki »

Sven the Returned wrote:
Funcha wrote:... where are we with Harbinger?! I'm dying to know more about this one. If they're smart at all they'll cast Ken Watanabe as Toyo Harada.
I think studios realized that there is limited number of shared universes moviegoers will support.

I'm not sure that I follow you with this comment. Are you saying Sony has realized that there can be only 2 shared universes supported at the movies? I would think the Harbinger movie is going to happen. Why would DMG just put out one movie (Bloodshot)? Why would Sony make only one of the five movies in their contract?

It is possible that production may be delayed for the 2nd movie (to wait and see how the first Bloodshot movie is received). :?

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Juki wrote:It is possible that production may be delayed for the 2nd movie (to wait and see how the first Bloodshot movie is received). :?
This. Everyone is going to wait and see how this film does—Sony, DMG, etc.—before moving forward with any other VEI properties. Doesn’t mean they won’t start some preproduction, prep the script, etc., but green lighting a Harby film will depend on the success of Bloodshot.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

Juki wrote:
Sven the Returned wrote:

I'm not sure that I follow you with this comment. Are you saying Sony has realized that there can be only 2 shared universes supported at the movies? I would think the Harbinger movie is going to happen. Why would DMG just put out one movie (Bloodshot)? Why would Sony make only one of the five movies in their contract?

It is possible that production may be delayed for the 2nd movie (to wait and see how the first Bloodshot movie is received). :?
Sony have changed their shared universe movie plans previously: that is why there are no ASM 3 or Sinister Six movies.
VEI - I look forward to you one day publishing MORE than 9-10 books per month

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

I don’t know if this is the “updated” (post-DMG) information but, what the information was is...

(Meaning this is what I was told was the “plan”)

Bloodshot was 99.9% going to happen. And Harbinger was not quite the same percentage, but high. If one of the first two flicks “made money”, not MCU money but made “money” then we would get BS#2 Habry#2 and then Harby Wars.

Now, I don’t know how much that has changed.
All of my recent movie based conversations have been focused on Bloodshot.

I think there is a very good chance for a Harby flick.

(I also expect a “sprinkling” of Valiant character “appearances” in Bloodshot. )

TheeBaldMoose
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Elveen wrote:I don’t know if this is the “updated” (post-DMG) information but, what the information was is...

Bloodshot was 99.9% going to happen. And Harbinger was not quite the same percentage, but high. If one of the first two flicks “made money”, not MCU money but made “money” then we would get BS#2 Habry#2 and then Harby Wars.

(I also expect a “sprinkling” of Valiant character “appearances” in Bloodshot. )
Also, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Bloodshot is in pre-production, It's just barely getting off the ground. As fans, I get that we can get impatient, but this is getting a bit crazy. We start seeing previews, then maybe we start hearing about pre-production on the Harbi movie
Moose

Elveen
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:
Elveen wrote:I don’t know if this is the “updated” (post-DMG) information but, what the information was is...

Also, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Bloodshot is in pre-production, It's just barely getting off the ground. As fans, I get that we can get impatient, but this is getting a bit crazy. We start seeing previews, then maybe we start hearing about pre-production on the Harbi movie

I'm not getting ahead of myself, just answering a question. and if you read what I said, I stated that what I posted was what i was told pre-DMG. it could be different now, all the conversations I've had recently have been about the BS flick.

But Bloodshot IS 99.99% going to happen.

and I think its great to talk about the down the line possibilities.

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

Juki wrote:
Sven the Returned wrote:

I have been boycotting all marval and dc garbage since the news valiant would be in the big
Screen. I think I have 5 movies saved in the jar and make that six when the garbage gauntlet movie comes out. 6 times I can see bloodshot :high-five:
I Miss the good old days.

jxm640
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: GIN-GR
Favorite title: Rai
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt

Post by jxm640 »

Elveen wrote:
TheeBaldMoose wrote:

I'm not getting ahead of myself, just answering a question. and if you read what I said, I stated that what I posted was what i was told pre-DMG. it could be different now, all the conversations I've had recently have been about the BS flick.

But Bloodshot IS 99.99% going to happen.

and I think its great to talk about the down the line possibilities.
I thought the plan was to release Harbinger in 2020? If we are hearing news for a 2019 film now. I would expect to hear about the Harbinger film in 2019, at around this time.

Also, it is great to speculate about the future, as Valiant has the legs to become the mature cinematic universe in comics. The themes have been more mature (as opposed to dark and gritty), and depending on the Disney buyout, it is possible the Fox will lose it's mature edge that it has with the X characters.
This is what happens when you try to work...

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite writer: V-Diddy

Post by Sven the Returned »

Juki wrote:
Sven the Returned wrote:

Because we saw failed shared universe launches of a certain scale all over the place.