Ninjak Vs is finally out!!

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill
Re: Ninjak Vs is finally oInvesting in a project contributes

Post by nonplayer »

kinggirlfriend wrote:Slow down, friend, I never said they were a movie making company. But to dismiss them as not having a hand in movie making is being disingenuous. Quality of previous said projects aside.

Investing in a project contributes to it's creation. Maybe not creatively, but creative people don't buy the rights to a publisher's catalog wholesale. They might piecemeal a single book by a single author. But usually corporations buy catalog and character rights.

Reading more about them it sounds like they started as a distribution company to import movies into Chinese theaters, then later started co-producing. Yes, that means contributing money.

Do you guys think Orson Welles is gonna crawl out of his grave holding hands with Louis B. Mayer so that they can make Valiant movies?

They're making a Bloodshot movie starring Vin Diesel, what else do you want?
I'll stick with my insider knowledge. Dmg is on my bad list now. They have alot to proove and make up for. And I can tell you Im making abloodshot movie blabla all talk till its actuelly confirmed.
I Miss the good old days.

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill
Re: Ninjak Vs is finally out!!

Post by nonplayer »

Joshua wrote:I liked Roku in the 6th episode.
Absolutly
I Miss the good old days.

MoonChild
I HAVE NO INTENT ON BEING PATIENT!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: BloodShot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart

Post by MoonChild »

Those are the links I used to save in VLC, I knew Greg was brainiac enough to figure it out!
Movie-Cut this evening unless it's already done as well, save me the effort!
greg wrote:These are the actual links for the episodes shown on ComicBook.com, which is public information:

Episode 1: http://videos.vidible.tv/prod/5ada532c4 ... 9AMqQ3DVio" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Episode 2: http://videos.vidible.tv/prod/5ada58f22 ... rOEcyazJ2D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Episode 3: http://videos.vidible.tv/prod/5ada5cb79 ... bIfMJma9Vi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Episode 4: http://videos.vidible.tv/prod/5ada5ec62 ... HfURX46Ugu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Episode 5: http://videos.vidible.tv/prod/5ada61082 ... VjcS7W1BSs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Episode 6: http://videos.vidible.tv/prod/5ae0d4104 ... oZScLaGIwY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Publicly-available links on the internet to publicly-available content can often be stored for public use offline by right-clicking on the link and choosing "Save link as..."

This website does not promote illegal activities. Publicly-available is the key factor here.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

nonplayer wrote:
Absolutly
Yep, it turns out she just needed her irises visible and she's suddenly Roku. :clap:

greg
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

MoonChild wrote:I knew Greg was brainiac enough to figure it out!
Maybe it was me. Maybe people just know how to contact me. :wink:

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

What'd you guys think of the finale? I thought was decent, felt so quick. The final aftermath scene was a good concept but I didn't feel the actor/makup really fit the character as much as it should have. Otherwise solid ending. :clap:

kinggirlfriend
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: CAFU
Re: Ninjak Vs is finally oInvesting in a project contributes

Post by kinggirlfriend »

nonplayer wrote:
kinggirlfriend wrote:Slow down, friend, I never said they were a movie making company. But to dismiss them as not having a hand in movie making is being disingenuous. Quality of previous said projects aside.

Investing in a project contributes to it's creation. Maybe not creatively, but creative people don't buy the rights to a publisher's catalog wholesale. They might piecemeal a single book by a single author. But usually corporations buy catalog and character rights.

Reading more about them it sounds like they started as a distribution company to import movies into Chinese theaters, then later started co-producing. Yes, that means contributing money.

Do you guys think Orson Welles is gonna crawl out of his grave holding hands with Louis B. Mayer so that they can make Valiant movies?

They're making a Bloodshot movie starring Vin Diesel, what else do you want?
I'll stick with my insider knowledge. Dmg is on my bad list now. They have alot to proove and make up for. And I can tell you Im making abloodshot movie blabla all talk till its actuelly confirmed.
I'm not taking your bait. Enjoy.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Overall I thought it was very good for a free web series.

The special effects like Bloodshots healing, Aric’s paff and fire sword, and Shadowman’s entrance/exit we’re all pretty well done. The fight/action scenes were all excellent.

The acting was a bit stiff outside of Ninjak and Bloodshot, the 2 most experienced actors, but part of that was some bad dialogue to begin with.

My biggest gripe was XO’s suit (looked way too cheap and “low tech”) and Archer. The guy who played him was just not very good, had no chemistry with Armstrong, and—seriously—who holds a crossbow like that?!?

All in all, it was amazing to see these characters on screen and proved that Ninjak, Bloodshot and XO could all work on screen for sure.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

ShadowTuga
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Valiant fan since: 2012

Post by ShadowTuga »

Got home and immediately looked for the finale before it vanishes.

Ok, overall, this was fun and at times I honestly liked it a LOT. Last episode was great, Roku finally showing something else than that Mwhhahahahaha *SQUEE* nobody was buying (and yeah, duck faces, lmao), I actually smiled when her hair lifted all up. In that dept. BitS did a way more cooler thing that I expected. It sold the character in my eyes (no pun intended). I badmouthed the actor here, but I will also admit that the last episode made up for the most of it. She was solid and the eyes and hair made her look more like the character. Congrats!

Positives for the future: I think that we found our Livewire. Honestly, I loved everything 'cept the electric powers which are not what I think Livewire's gimmick is. I might be wrong. No biggie. But man, casting wise, this lady was SPOT ON!!!!!

Armstrong really got his feet right here, finally, I am happy for the actor (he's BitS'S Batman 8-) ). Archer... not so much, but good effort from the guy. Their fighting scenes were some of the most fun to watch.

Gilad, well, I have already said what I think. But the last episode also benefited the actor, he showed some action skills and despite the axe not being forefront as I imagine Gilad would use it, I liked the less bushido-ish mish mash. I was not annoyed by Gilad.

Ninjak has a bit of a problem, not just this version: the mask hides a lot of the emotions that we're supposed to feel. Its the Bane-Hardy problem. It takes a very talented actor to just sell the character with his eyes and body language. That said, in the end, I ended up liking the guy's work. He looks really like Ninjak, at the least.

And of course, Darque. Not expecting it at all, loved the look of the guy actually.
So after a rocky start, this series found its footing and delivered a really fun take on these characters. :thumb:
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

FormerReader
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.
I spoke with Dino and he said you can divulge all information to me.

Post by FormerReader »

greg wrote:These are the actual links for the episodes shown on ComicBook.com, which is public information:

Episode 1: http://videos.vidible.tv/prod/5ada532c4 ... 9AMqQ3DVio" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Episode 2: http://videos.vidible.tv/prod/5ada58f22 ... rOEcyazJ2D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Episode 3: http://videos.vidible.tv/prod/5ada5cb79 ... bIfMJma9Vi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Episode 4: http://videos.vidible.tv/prod/5ada5ec62 ... HfURX46Ugu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Episode 5: http://videos.vidible.tv/prod/5ada61082 ... VjcS7W1BSs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Episode 6: http://videos.vidible.tv/prod/5ae0d4104 ... oZScLaGIwY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Publicly-available links on the internet to publicly-available content can often be stored for public use offline by right-clicking on the link and choosing "Save link as..."

This website does not promote illegal activities. Publicly-available is the key factor here.
Thank you!

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

For how long? or where it will land? apparently the fan out cry has been so loud that DMG will be extending the series presence online....

I'm sure details are coming...

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SuperMage
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Completely ruined the ending of Last Jedi: The Force Reloaded of the Green Gables 8 -- This Time, It's Really Really Personal (In Space).
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Animalia
Favorite title: X-O Manowar

Post by SuperMage »

This mini-series could work perfectly as a pilot for potential full length spin-offs. It was a nice little treat. If there continues to be a demand for more, I'm sure Valiant will supply that demand. Something about that ending had me think that everyone was going to go out and eat ice cream afterwards. Bloodshot is pretty hung up over his bike. Ironic considering he literally just flew in on a fighter jet five minutes ago. He must have had a special bond with that bike.
betterthanezra wrote:For how long? or where it will land? apparently the fan out cry has been so loud that DMG will be extending the series presence online....

I'm sure details are coming...

-Brian
:high-five:

We should all be sure to spread the good news on social media.

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

+1 She did seem to have some redeeming qualities at the end, besides just looking good... :thumb:

I felt Gilad stole the show in the final episode, his minute or so fight scene was pretty dope. All that was missing was some Tarentino style blood splatter... :clap:

Overall, I thought it was really good, aside from a few casting choices, and overacting/bad acting in some parts, it was fun seeing the characters I’ve come to love on screen. I’m still hopeful that, DMG will eventually put out a DVD... :thumb:
#StayValiant

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham

Post by Juki »

:clap: The web series seemed to just get better as it went along. All of the acting seemed to gel more also in the middle and throughout the finale. Thanks to VEI, Dinesh, cast, and crew for the treat of seeing these characters come to life in a way that opens up future possibilities. After watching the whole series I have to say that I am more excited for the future of the Valiant characters.

Keith
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL

Post by Keith »

As cheesy as it was, all in all, I enjoyed this. And for those of us that have been dreaming of the day that we see the Valiant characters in some form of live action representation... boom. Or, perhaps, one step closer to seeing those hopes realized. Hopefully this wa just a precursor.

Positives:
Livewire’s entrance in Ep. 1... BAD. *SQUEE*.
Shadowman. The frickin’ lord of the Deadside. Hey Joe Illidge... either make Jack the vigilante of all vigilantes, or make him the epic gatekeeper of all things supernatural like he was here.
A&A episode.
A brief Fist & Steel mo,ent
The end with you know who. More, please.
Special effects.
Story... the twist with Bloodshot picking up on the nanites and sending Ninjak to the Deadside to get away from Roku’s monitoring.

Negatives:
Capshaw - X-O Man Of War... really? Weight Watchers String Cheese.
A non-British Ninjak. Velveeta.
Shanhara looked very much a wet suit with shoulder pads. Provolone
Bloodshot was tiny compared to everyone else. Mozzarella.
Unity’s “come to Jesus” moment in the church. Full on smoked Gouda.
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

What a terrific experience. Been waiting so long for something like this.

Thank you, Dinesh!

Elveen
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
I sell comics, I collect Valiant.
Location: Educating the future of America, or something like that

Post by Elveen »

Over all, I though it was great.

I got the feels, and I'd bet it will "watch" much better all together.

I think we will all look back and this and say "thats where it started."

I've always contended that Valiant will have it's chance.

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

Yes!! Gonna watch it in movie format with the chick big screen/surround sound style, can't wait!
:clap: :clap: (sup veen!)
Elveen wrote:Over all, I though it was great.

I got the feels, and I'd bet it will "watch" much better all together.

I think we will all look back and this and say "thats where it started."

I've always contended that Valiant will have it's chance.

MoonChild

Post by MoonChild »

jmatt wrote:What a terrific experience. Been waiting so long for something like this.

Thank you, Dinesh!

THANK YOU DINO!!

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

Thanks Dino. That was a lot of fun. Made me feel like a kid again. :thumb:

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham

Post by Juki »

Keith wrote:As cheesy as it was, all in all, I enjoyed this. And for those of us that have been dreaming of the day that we see the Valiant characters in some form of live action representation... boom. Or, perhaps, one step closer to seeing those hopes realized. Hopefully this wa just a precursor.

Positives:
Livewire’s entrance in Ep. 1... BAD. *SQUEE*.
Shadowman. The frickin’ lord of the Deadside. Hey Joe Illidge... either make Jack the vigilante of all vigilantes, or make him the epic gatekeeper of all things supernatural like he was here.
A&A episode.
A brief Fist & Steel mo,ent
The end with you know who. More, please.
Special effects.
Story... the twist with Bloodshot picking up on the nanites and sending Ninjak to the Deadside to get away from Roku’s monitoring.

Negatives:

Keith,
I would have to agree with most of your observations. I agree especially on your positive points. Livewire nailed the look and feel of the comic character. In my opinion she did not get a lot of air time...so I am not sold totally on the acting. But, great for this series. May be the actress to make the leap.

Although I did kind of like Jason David Frank as Bloodshot... He is missing the sheer size. X-O's low tech suit really didn't come off half bad to me. X-O's actor had the size and build that seemed to fit the character. However, he reminded me more of Thor (maybe more Asguardian than Visagoth?) which didn't fit in my mind. I really think the CG of X-O in flight was a good representation of the comics. I thought EW really looked like the comic character. But, I didn't think the acting really represented EW's comic character personality as I have imagined it.

Phantom
I will call my mum and ask what the *SQUEE* is going on.
I will call my mum and ask what the *SQUEE* is going on.
Location: I would rather be under the stars in a tent, or on a park bench.

Post by Phantom »

Couldn't manage to download it or save it.
Might be my old computer.

Loved the series.
Watched it all now.

For a free release, it is fantastic.
No need to take it down, but DMC has its reasons ~ its no movie or TV quality. I understand why a multi-million dollar movie production company does not want to be associated with it, people are fickle.

Before criticising, maybe it was specifically made as a B grade genre.
Yes there are films made for that genre.

I thought with very very small adjustments, it could have been alot better (In my opinion).
I could go through it, you may or may not agree.
I wish their was a Spinal Tap comic, and I had a copy CGC graded at 11.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Any idea why Comicbook.com barely promoted this at all? I haven't seen it on their front page all week.

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

Keith wrote:As cheesy as it was, all in all, I enjoyed this.

Negatives:
I just want to know what's up with Keith and cheese? And I want a web series to tell the story. And I want to act in it in a supporting role. :D
***Support your local farmers!***

chriskay99
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Location: The surrounding metropolitan area of Los Angeles, CA

Post by chriskay99 »

depluto wrote:Any idea why Comicbook.com barely promoted this at all? I haven't seen it on their front page all week.
Probably all part of the burial. DMG can sit back and say they put the series out on a website and fans got to see it.
Black Science. Lazarus. Birthright. Saga. Manifest Destiny. Deadly Class.