Heisserer's abandoned pitch for Secret Weapons 4001 AD

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Heisserer's abandoned pitch for Secret Weapons 4001 AD

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

Because I can't talk about my screenwriting projects at the moment, and dissecting Owen's Story yesterday was fun, allow me to share with you Valiant readers an abandoned pitch for another limited series: Secret Weapons 4001AD.
Continued... https://twitter.com/HIGHzurrer/status/9 ... 3434062848

Interesting stuff especially what Avi reveals about his past friends.... sadly, Heisserer won't be doing this anymore.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada
Re: Heisserer's abandoned pitch for Secret Weapons 4001 AD

Post by BugsySig »

Sounds good. I always felt VEI didn't take full advantage of the 4001 timeline, even with the summer event, and I doubt DMG will unless they see $$$ in Rai. The 2 timelines and their connections were one of the most special things about VH1.

Secret Weapons 4001, Psi-Lords (is this ever happening?!?), Rai, War Mother, even Timewalker/Future Force visiting there...they could have run/be running multiple titles in 4001. That would be something no other publisher is doing and help set them apart from the (limited) small pub. competition out there.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

Valiant isn't valiant any more. Its dmg now. Everything Dinesh had planned or set up is not happening.
I fear a reboot is 9n the horizon.
I Miss the good old days.

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

nonplayer wrote:Valiant isn't valiant any more. Its dmg now. Everything Dinesh had planned or set up is not happening.
Quick then, go bury your head in the sand!

While there is nothing that we know about, I think anything futuristic can be a solid IP. Mad Max has been a multi billion dollar series, will constant people interested in apocalyptic movies. They just need the right pitch, and if someone can nail it, it will explode! I know many of us would be interested, but remember it still has to make sense.

I think there is still potential in the 4002 arena, plenty of books and possible movies. Will there need to be tie ins? sure, but wouldn't it be nice to kind of beat the big two to the punch when it comes to these types of movies?
Moose

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:
nonplayer wrote:Valiant isn't valiant any more. Its dmg now. Everything Dinesh had planned or set up is not happening.
Quick then, go bury your head in the sand!

While there is nothing that we know about, I think anything futuristic can be a solid IP. Mad Max has been a multi billion dollar series, will constant people interested in apocalyptic movies. They just need the right pitch, and if someone can nail it, it will explode! I know many of us would be interested, but remember it still has to make sense.

I think there is still potential in the 4002 arena, plenty of books and possible movies. Will there need to be tie ins? sure, but wouldn't it be nice to kind of beat the big two to the punch when it comes to these types of movies?
Why would I need to burry my head in anything.
There is alot of potental for 4002 and Alot of potential for dmg to release some comics with Valiant charaters. Or even attend a con or make an announcement to fans. One day the wait will be over and we will see what they do with our beloved charaters.
I Miss the good old days.

kinggirlfriend
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: CAFU

Post by kinggirlfriend »

Man, this was a great idea! Too bad Dinesh and Warren didn't bite. I guess they had their reasons but ..... :? :!:

Valiant needs more Secret Weapons and more 4002AD stuff. It's really a shame a good concept by a proven creator was only able to get so much work green lit by Valiant. It's frustrating and maddening.

Sunlight on Snow

kinggirlfriend wrote:Man, this was a great idea! Too bad Dinesh and Warren didn't bite. I guess they had their reasons but ..... :? :!:
Maybe the script was abandoned from Heisserer's side? Wasn't it his decision to not finish HW2 and stop writing for Valiant right after Dinesh was sacked by DMG?

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:
kinggirlfriend wrote:Man, this was a great idea! Too bad Dinesh and Warren didn't bite. I guess they had their reasons but ..... :? :!:
Maybe the script was abandoned from Heisserer's side? Wasn't it his decision to not finish HW2 and stop writing for Valiant right after Dinesh was sacked by DMG?
Only reason I would think they didn't go for it, was plans for a Unity 4002 team book - which is plausible, using a fair chunk of the characters outlined in the SW 4002 pitch. Of course, I've got no idea but that's really all I could think of - that and Dinesh/Warren wanting to stick to a slate of 6/7 books a month and it just wouldn't fit in the schedule. Who knows :?

Sunlight on Snow

Bl00dsh0t wrote:Only reason I would think they didn't go for it, was plans for a Unity 4002 team book - which is plausible, using a fair chunk of the characters outlined in the SW 4002 pitch. Of course, I've got no idea but that's really all I could think of - that and Dinesh/Warren wanting to stick to a slate of 6/7 books a month and it just wouldn't fit in the schedule. Who knows :?
Uhm, doesn't this sound like it was an idea for such 4002 team book?

Secret Weapons or Unity - you can call it whatever you want.

The Dirt Gang
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Unity #1
Favorite writer: Shooter/Dysart
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by The Dirt Gang »

I would have been down with that story.
Multum In Parvo

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

The Dirt Gang wrote:I would have been down with that story.
+1

I'm still very sad that he won't work for Valiant anymore. :(
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ramses818
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Ramses818 »

Hey guys just to shed some light on the timeline here, Eric pitched this right before the DMG news broke. So because of the changes going on that is why I believe this never went further than the pitch. It was a cool idea though.

kinggirlfriend
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: CAFU

Post by kinggirlfriend »

Posted this in another thread but thought I should repost it here ....

I also got a PM from a recently unemployed Valiant CEO that said Heisserer's 4002AD SECRET WEAPONS pitch was a go, something that they worked on for months back and forth and everyone was really excited about it. He only assumes it isn't happening because of new management or because Eric left. Either way he said him and Warren had big plans for 4002AD.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Sunlight on Snow

kinggirlfriend wrote:Posted this in another thread but thought I should repost it here ....

I also got a PM from a recently unemployed Valiant CEO that said Heisserer's 4002AD SECRET WEAPONS pitch was a go, something that they worked on for months back and forth and everyone was really excited about it. He only assumes it isn't happening because of new management or because Eric left. Either way he said him and Warren had big plans for 4002AD.

It's okay that he wouldn't want to start working on another series and leave Valiant because of his loyalty to certain people. What I do not understand is why he couldn't finish his job on HW2? What about the loyalty to your readers?

Ramses818
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Ramses818 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:
kinggirlfriend wrote:Posted this in another thread but thought I should repost it here ....

It's okay that he wouldn't want to start working on another series and leave Valiant because of his loyalty to certain people. What I do not understand is why he couldn't finish his job on HW2? What about the loyalty to your readers?
I actually respect his decision a ton. I have much more respect for him for following his moral code. I will follow anything he writes, except for Dynamite of course...lol

agent_graves
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

Damn... What could have been... :(
#StayValiant