HW2 TPB Collection on Amazon

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

kinggirlfriend
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: CAFU
HW2 TPB Collection on Amazon

Post by kinggirlfriend »

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1682152898/re ... ertainment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Collects: HARBINGER WARS 2: PRELUDE #1, HARBINGER WARS 2 #1-4, and HARBINGER WARS 2: AFTERMATH #1.
So, no Zero issue? I think someone mentioned they will collect it with the deluxe but honestly it sets sets up the whole story. I think it's dumb not to collect it, regardless of format.

What does everyone else think?

syzhang28
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Re: HW2 TPB Collection on Amazon

Post by syzhang28 »

Beyond dumb. I don't see how you can read the story, especially if you are new to Valiant (which the events have proven they bring in new readers), without the set up from zero. Hell, it introduces new characters!

This is the kind of thing that would never have happened while Dinesh, Warren, Hunter and Atom were at Valiant. They always went over and beyond with collections. This is my worry about the Chinese owned Valiant we now have, that Valiant will become like a pod person - someone that looks just like the person we love but is actually a soul less monster on the inside.

TheeBaldMoose
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

syzhang28 wrote:Beyond dumb. I don't see how you can read the story, especially if you are new to Valiant (which the events have proven they bring in new readers), without the set up from zero. Hell, it introduces new characters!

This is the kind of thing that would never have happened while Dinesh, Warren, Hunter and Atom were at Valiant. They always went over and beyond with collections. This is my worry about the Chinese owned Valiant we now have, that Valiant will become like a pod person - someone that looks just like the person we love but is actually a soul less monster on the inside.

totally disagree with your statements. I'm glad they didn't just make a mockery of the zero issue by adding it to the TPB. It was a special mail away (yes a nod to yester-year) reserved only for those that mailed in the coupons. By not adding it to the TPB, it solidifies their stance as making this an important book.

This is EXACTLY what Dinesh, Warren and Co would/did plan on doing. They've done it with other books, this should be no different. Keeping to their word, they did state that this was a special book, not to be reproduced STRAIGHT OUT OF THEIR MOUTHS, so regardless of who is controlling the company, I am glad they stuck to their (the company's) word.

Now, when the Deluxe edition comes out, then maybe that would be big enough to put in the book, but not a TPB.
Moose

WrathOfArmstrong
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: April 2017
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Wrath of Eternal Warrior
Favorite writer: Venditte
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by WrathOfArmstrong »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:
syzhang28 wrote:Beyond dumb. I don't see how you can read the story, especially if you are new to Valiant (which the events have proven they bring in new readers), without the set up from zero. Hell, it introduces new characters!

totally disagree with your statements. I'm glad they didn't just make a mockery of the zero issue by adding it to the TPB. It was a special mail away (yes a nod to yester-year) reserved only for those that mailed in the coupons. By not adding it to the TPB, it solidifies their stance as making this an important book.

This is EXACTLY what Dinesh, Warren and Co would/did plan on doing. They've done it with other books, this should be no different. Keeping to their word, they did state that this was a special book, not to be reproduced STRAIGHT OUT OF THEIR MOUTHS, so regardless of who is controlling the company, I am glad they stuck to their (the company's) word.

Now, when the Deluxe edition comes out, then maybe that would be big enough to put in the book, but not a TPB.
Looking forward to that deluxe edition. So it better be in there. But I agree, this seems more like Dinesh/Warren's plan all along. There's so much not collected in trade as it is. And we don't know how important that 0 issue is to the event. Having read just the prelude, I don't feel lost and can't wait for #1.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

TheeBaldMoose wrote:

You are right! I forgot. Totally agree with you.

kinggirlfriend

Post by kinggirlfriend »

I definitely get that it's a nod to the old mail away issues. But VH1 also made sure to include that issue with the trade. So's to make sure no one was left out. Was Harbinger #0 made less special because a reprint was included with the old trade? At the time I thought it was really neat of them.

Having read only the zero issue so far, to me it seemed very important. I feel bad for people who missed out or for new fans who come to the series a year or 2 down the road and will forever be at a loss, (or pay the ridiculous amount it fetches for in the aftermarket!).

And I'm not trying to place blame on either DMG or Dinesh, but this does seem like it was the plan all along. Just like with LotG, and so far they've stuck to their guns.

I think I mentioned it before but a good idea might have been to collect the HW2 zero issue with the 2 Secret Weapons zero issues and had a trade of that on the shelf right now to help garner interest for HW2 and get readers up to speed. That seems like a huge missed opportunity, IMO.

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

kinggirlfriend wrote:I definitely get that it's a nod to the old mail away issues. But VH1 also made sure to include that issue with the trade. So's to make sure no one was left out. Was Harbinger #0 made less special because a reprint was included with the old trade? At the time I thought it was really neat of them.

Having read only the zero issue so far, to me it seemed very important. I feel bad for people who missed out or for new fans who come to the series a year or 2 down the road and will forever be at a loss, (or pay the ridiculous amount it fetches for in the aftermarket!).

And I'm not trying to place blame on either DMG or Dinesh, but this does seem like it was the plan all along. Just like with LotG, and so far they've stuck to their guns.

I think I mentioned it before but a good idea might have been to collect the HW2 zero issue with the 2 Secret Weapons zero issues and had a trade of that on the shelf right now to help garner interest for HW2 and get readers up to speed. That seems like a huge missed opportunity, IMO.
Wait, now I remember. Warren said that the plan was to collect it in the trade and that this was NOT like LOTG. Dinesh mentioned this too I remember when he said something like mailing away will get you the story early and in a limited edition but not be an exclusive story. That's why the story introduced new characters and sets so much up. I'm back on the DMG messed this up train.

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

syzhang28 wrote:
kinggirlfriend wrote:I definitely get that it's a nod to the old mail away issues. But VH1 also made sure to include that issue with the trade. So's to make sure no one was left out. Was Harbinger #0 made less special because a reprint was included with the old trade? At the time I thought it was really neat of them.

Wait, now I remember. Warren said that the plan was to collect it in the trade and that this was NOT like LOTG. Dinesh mentioned this too I remember when he said something like mailing away will get you the story early and in a limited edition but not be an exclusive story. That's why the story introduced new characters and sets so much up. I'm back on the DMG messed this up train.
Flippity-Floppity, be prepared to Flippity-Floppity again!

http://valiantentertainment.com/2017/12 ... worldwide/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kind of puts that to bed, right? It was always meant to be an exclusive, stand alone.

Simons: I’m afraid not! But, I can tell you that the story officially kicks off with “Harbinger Wars 2” #0. As a tribute to the classic “Harbinger” #0 from back in the day, we’re making this special prelude chapter available only through a series of mail-away coupons that will be included in “Harbinger Renegade” #1-4, which can be redeemed for a copy of “Harbinger Wars 2” #0 at a later date. Fans can collect and mail away all four coupons to receive an exclusive prelude issue that won’t be found anywhere else until the final hardcover collection of “Harbinger Wars 2” in late 2018.

https://www.cbr.com/valiant-goes-renega ... er-wars-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:superstar: :superstar:
Moose

kinggirlfriend

Post by kinggirlfriend »

Thanks!

Welp, there ya' are. :D

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

This is how LotG should have been handled. I understand not making a trade for it, but it really should have been included in the Book of Death hardcover. Hell, I would have bought it.