I've got a feeling about Psi-Lords

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Funcha
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Bob Layton
Favorite artist: Barry Windsor Smith
I've got a feeling about Psi-Lords

Post by Funcha »

My gut is telling me Psi-Lords is going to be a huge success for Valiant. So far, everything I've seen looks really fun and really interesting. I think I might have to go for whatever the ultra-rare variant cover is for this one.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
Re: I've got a feeling about Psi-Lords

Post by greg »

You're definitely giving us a different perspective. :D
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52168" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

Yeah, that certainly is a lot different in tone to the *SQUEE* that's going on in the other thread Greg linked to :lol:

I think the overall concept is cool and with the track record set so far by XO and Divinity/Infinity I'm really looking forward to the next installment of Valiant's grand space opera-type material.

Not totally sure about some of the character notes I've seen to be honest, but I'm happy to let it play out and see how and where it goes with its plot before making my mind up on it :thumb:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

syzhang28
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Post by syzhang28 »

Shadowman99 wrote:
I think the overall concept is cool and with the track record set so far by XO and Divinity/Infinity I'm really looking forward to the next installment of Valiant's grand space opera-type material.
I think the problem is the stuff they've released so far with the loss of the people that made X-O Manowar and Divinity (Kindt, Dinesh, Warren, Hunter etc) is what worries people. And the track record since Dinesh left has been one that looks like a universe trying to figure out who they are after losing their soul.

Shadowman99
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

syzhang28 wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:
I think the problem is the stuff they've released so far with the loss of the people that made X-O Manowar and Divinity (Kindt, Dinesh, Warren, Hunter etc) is what worries people. And the track record since Dinesh left has been one that looks like a universe trying to figure out who they are after losing their soul.
Good points :thumb:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

TheeBaldMoose
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Shadowman99 wrote:
syzhang28 wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:
Good points :thumb:
But you have to be somewhat encouraged on the progress they've made in this last grouping/wave. Livewire has been better, or at least #3 was a serious jump forward. Incursion seems to have hit pretty squarely with fans old and new. Sure, lots still wanted Shadowman in this position (and it might fit better), but we do get EW back AND he is back in the universe now. I've read the first two of The Forgotten Queen, and I think people are in for a serious surprise. Let us not forget, LADOTH as I don't think there will be a single fan here on this page that will talk ill about it (they may get butchered if they do).

Without a doubt, their transition was horrible! But, I think they could be on the upswing. Psy-Lords has potential, as they look to build on the momentum they've seemed to create here lately. The early Con season will tell a great deal
Moose