Valiant: The Complete Digital Comic Book Collection

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

jaden_sai
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant: The Complete Digital Comic Book Collection

Post by jaden_sai »

DirtbagSailor
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
I only know how to fish, f^%k, fight, and throw rocks
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Harada
Favorite title: Imperium
Re: Valiant: The Complete Digital Comic Book Collection

Post by DirtbagSailor »

Well, my thoughts are if it is legit and authorized, it looks like a really cost effective way to read the modern VU.

Also great for quick reference.

possumgrease
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by possumgrease »

“Contact Paul Kupperberg” ?? Surely not the the artist.

Phantom
I will call my mum and ask what the *SQUEE* is going on.
Location: I would rather be under the stars in a tent, or on a park bench.

Post by Phantom »

Not that I read comics on the computer.
Always thought they should release a limited edition digital collection in a box with goodies.
Think this was also suggested on the boards years ago as a cd set, when computers had disk drives.

Made me think of my old commadore 64 just now. Imaging downloading via a cassette tape :lol: :hm:
I wish their was a Spinal Tap comic, and I had a copy CGC graded at 11.

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

A limited run, with exclusive mini figure or ashcan would work.

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

Looks cool, but I can't take a company seriously called Git Corp, and the whois on their domain name is under proxy. Not a very trustworthy action for a business.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Git" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

possumgrease
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by possumgrease »

Appears there’s a platinum version with facsimile of X-O #1 and some sort of film card that I do not understand .

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03/29 ... ents-each/

Last edited by possumgrease on Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:06:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

GIT Corps Marvel CD-Roms and DVD-Roms were not only amazingly well done, but sell for a pretty hefty price in many instances on the secondary market. I am definitely in for this release......

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

Is this legit (as in have they paid a license fee to Valiant)?

One would think Valiant would be advertising this themselves if it was, especially as Valiant has other electronic distribution venues.

I am not saying that it is not a cool project or that it is not licensed but it would be good to know it it is.

(Wonder if they include Legends of the Geomancer or Harbinger War II #0)

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

nycjadie wrote:...and the whois on their domain name is under proxy. Not a very trustworthy action for a business.
I'm not sure what you mean by proxy, but on my websites I paid extra for a privacy setting that masks my information. If you don't, it lists the contact information including email address (and possibly phone). Bots scoop this information up and you'll get hammered with spam and robocalls.

mkb28
Honey, it's time to spawn!
Honey, it's time to spawn!
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti and Dysart

Post by mkb28 »

magnus20009 wrote:Is this legit (as in have they paid a license fee to Valiant)?

One would think Valiant would be advertising this themselves if it was, especially as Valiant has other electronic distribution venues.

I am not saying that it is not a cool project or that it is not licensed but it would be good to know it it is.

(Wonder if they include Legends of the Geomancer or Harbinger War II #0)
Valiant did promote this ad on their March 27 “Valiant Voice” e-newsletter. I might pull the trigger because it would be a nice back up to a Deluxe HC edition. :hm:

X-1ManofWar
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Valiant fan since: 2017
Favorite character: Harbinger
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Khari Evans

Post by X-1ManofWar »

nycjadie wrote:Looks cool, but I can't take a company seriously called Git Corp, and the whois on their domain name is under proxy. Not a very trustworthy action for a business.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Git" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://twitter.com/ValiantComics/statu ... 3214679045" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kinggirlfriend
Valiant fan since: 2016
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Wrath
Favorite writer: Venditti
Favorite artist: CAFU

Post by kinggirlfriend »

They've been making DVDs and CD-ROMS like this for years: http://www.gitcorp.com/company.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's cool they did one for Valiant.

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

X-1ManofWar wrote:
nycjadie wrote:Looks cool, but I can't take a company seriously called Git Corp, and the whois on their domain name is under proxy. Not a very trustworthy action for a business.

https://twitter.com/ValiantComics/statu ... 3214679045" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Do your research, bud! Check out the going price for the GIT Corp Marvel DVD's on eBay. I own ten of their Marvel DVD sets - they are extremely well done. And most are in sharable PDF's so you don't need a third party "comic reader app", and you can put the documents from the DVD's on your devices so you only keep the DVD for backup purposes.

I've got a SIGNIFICANT catalog of Marvel, Archie and Star Trek books on my home media server, tablet and phone from these sets. They make for great research resources, or just easy reading of a random issue if you are bored.

My only disappointment from this announcement is that it's modern valiant. For a moment I thought they had archived all of the original run from the 90's...

X-1ManofWar

Post by X-1ManofWar »

IMJ wrote:
X-1ManofWar wrote:

Do your research, bud! Check out the going price for the GIT Corp Marvel DVD's on eBay. I own ten of their Marvel DVD sets - they are extremely well done. And most are in sharable PDF's so you don't need a third party "comic reader app", and you can put the documents from the DVD's on your devices so you only keep the DVD for backup purposes.

I've got a SIGNIFICANT catalog of Marvel, Archie and Star Trek books on my home media server, tablet and phone from these sets. They make for great research resources, or just easy reading of a random issue if you are bored.

My only disappointment from this announcement is that it's modern valiant. For a moment I thought they had archived all of the original run from the 90's...
They say they are using a DRM on the website... was this the same for the Marvel ones?

nycjadie
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

IMJ wrote:
X-1ManofWar wrote:

I know who and what they are, but the company name is off putting, their website dated to the point it looks like a phishing scam, and they hide their ownership of the domain name. It’s a cool product, but they aren’t helping themselves.

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

nycjadie wrote:
IMJ wrote:
X-1ManofWar wrote:

I know who and what they are, but the company name is off putting, their website dated to the point it looks like a phishing scam, and they hide their ownership of the domain name. It’s a cool product, but they aren’t helping themselves.
I gotcha. What's wrong with the name, though? I thought it meant something like "Graphic Imaging Technology" which is fitting considering how they archive comics. The domain thing is interesting, but what are you seeing in their name?

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Can I ask some stupid questions please.
Is this available through previews, I checked via internet search he's with no avail. Surely it has to be distributed.
How much is it to buy the complete collection on comixology? Just as a price comparison. Wasn't their a bundle recently for £15 for breast cancer? Nearly 500 comics from valiant.

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

500 platinum version $90.
Humble bundle $15.
Current sales numbers, and previous purchasers of digital comics may not want to double up. Hope they sell 500 units of the platinum edition.

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

possumgrease wrote:Appears there’s a platinum version with facsimile of X-O #1 and some sort of film card that I do not understand .

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03/29 ... ents-each/

What is a facmile?
I Miss the good old days.

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

So if its all gathered in digital maybe DMG can read it to get the continuity of the stories correct. Seems to me there is no excuse for the crap they are putting out.
I Miss the good old days.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

nonplayer wrote:What is a facmile?
Reprint

X-1ManofWar

Post by X-1ManofWar »

IMJ wrote:
X-1ManofWar wrote:

It was reported on other sites that the DRM prevents coping of the pdfs. You can only read these if the USB is plugged into the computer.

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

X-1ManofWar wrote:
IMJ wrote:
X-1ManofWar wrote:

It was reported on other sites that the DRM prevents coping of the pdfs. You can only read these if the USB is plugged into the computer.
Oh, well then make that disappointment #2. The old DVD-Roms let you just copy the files and put them where ever....

X-1ManofWar

Post by X-1ManofWar »

IMJ wrote:
X-1ManofWar wrote:
IMJ wrote:
X-1ManofWar wrote:

Oh, well then make that disappointment #2. The old DVD-Roms let you just copy the files and put them where ever....
Agreed. That DRM will probably kill most people's interests..