Why is ninjak in avengers end game? Vcu conspiracy theory..

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

valiantdude
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!
i was the one who posted this in 2013.omg wtf. i was smoking a lot of weed then. still do!!

Post by valiantdude »

Okay, I am going to be up front when I tell you that I have not seen all the movies in the marvel cinematic universe. However I did watch avengers infinity war for the first time this week, and also avengers endgame. When I watched avengers infinity war I thought it was very strange that iron Man suit was so similar to XO in concepts and then the nano technology like bloodshot. I even joked to my son that they must be getting scared of Sony's vcu coming because this seems very valiant like.. I didn't think myself to be very serious, but maybe just a little bit. but then I began to watch avengers endgame, and my brain kind of short-circuited because I was watching the movie, and again I am not familiar with that marvel cinematic universe. I think I have seen maybe seven movies total, and all of a sudden ninjak from vei, the vei version, was on-screen battling some people, and I asked my son what the hell is ninjak doing in this movie this guy looks exactly like ninjak and he's got a sword he's battling people.and he tells me, because he has seen more of the movies, that that is Hawkeye, and I was like what the f***, Hawkeye does not have a sword I thought he was kind of some foofy looking dude with a bow and arrow,I get this is the updated version but it looked 100% like ninjak, the sword, the purple, the face mask, the costume, it looked like the VH1 version kind of but more like the original vei version. So it makes me think, are they really nervous, Disney, with a new cinematic universe coming from Sony and the Chinese govt, who have infinite money... Do they see it as a threat? To their market dominance? So very strange, but it blew my mind to see ninjak, in The avengers movie, conspiracy? Maybe.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
Re: Why is ninjak in avengers end game? Vcu conspiracy theor

Post by greg »

It's often hard to figure out who created/invented who.
Ronin (the Hawkeye alter ego in the movie) is from a 2005 comic... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronin_(Marvel_Comics)
So it's older than "current Ninjak" but you can definitely make the case that Ninjak came out first (1993)... but can you make the case that Ninjak is original?
What about Scorpion and Sub-Zero in Mortal Kombat 1992? Is the difference just "purple"?
The fact that Ninjak is a billionaire ninja is more than a little bit like Batman, right?
Originally, the Batman (1939) wasn't a ninja, but Batman #431 (1989) includes Kirigi teaching Batman the ways of the ninja. Ninja-trained Batman predates Ninjak and Mortal Kombat.
The most "famous" ninjas are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which obviously don't count as any kind of "Ninjak prototype"
but most collectors know the TMNT are a parody of Ronin from DC Comics (1983), combined with elements of Daredevil from Marvel (the Hand, introduced in 1981).
Ronin = samurai (not ninja), but we're talking about very similar generic ninja concepts to "western audiences" in the early 1980s (and even now).
There are ninjas in James Bond novels in the 1960s, but not visually very Ninjak-like.
Martial arts go back much further, so we get into specific ninja skills, weapons, costuming/attire, and it's like a long line of "what came first".
Etc., etc.

Fun video: The 1960s ninjas shown are in the volcano lair with the obvious James Bond references that Austin Powers used for Dr. Evil comedy in the 1990s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JpV5dU8BxA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe Joe Quesada did the original designs for Ronin for New Avengers back in 2005. As Joe Q was the Ninjak artist back in VH1 it makes sense for there to be some likeness.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

greg
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

BugsySig wrote:Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe Joe Quesada did the original designs for Ronin for New Avengers back in 2005. As Joe Q was the Ninjak artist back in VH1 it makes sense for there to be some likeness.
I didn't mention "Ash" but that was Quesada's next Ninjak after he left Ninjak in 1994.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash_(comics)
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploa ... -1-ash.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

greg wrote:
BugsySig wrote:Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe Joe Quesada did the original designs for Ronin for New Avengers back in 2005. As Joe Q was the Ninjak artist back in VH1 it makes sense for there to be some likeness.
I didn't mention "Ash" but that was Quesada's next Ninjak after he left Ninjak in 1994.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash_(comics)
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploa ... -1-ash.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Purple was his jam back then. :lol:

I loved Ash. Wish Joe Q and Jimmy Palmioti did more with the character. They wound up focusing more on Painkiller Jane instead which I always thought was kinda bland.

Funcha
My posts can all fit in a short box
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Bob Layton
Favorite artist: Barry Windsor Smith

Post by Funcha »

I highly doubt Marvel considers anything a threat at this point. Certainly not Valiant. Not saying that in a rude way. Just matter of fact.

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

Funcha wrote:I highly doubt Marvel considers anything a threat at this point. Certainly not Valiant. Not saying that in a rude way. Just matter of fact.
I have too agree with this statement

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

its just weird...
literally its ninjak in the avengers movie.. and i guess the costume wasn't used before this movie?
somethings going on.... i cant put my finger on it
and whats with iron man having an XO style armor? nanotechnology in iron man?
just in time for people to think that bloodshot is a rip off of mcu iron man?
hmmmmm.. :hm:

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

greg wrote:
Fun video: The 1960s ninjas shown are in the volcano lair with the obvious James Bond references that Austin Powers used for Dr. Evil comedy in the 1990s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JpV5dU8BxA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aram
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite character: Tie between Flo and Andy
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: The ones that wrote 4 Valiant.

Post by Aram »

betterthanezra wrote:
Funcha wrote:I highly doubt Marvel considers anything a threat at this point. Certainly not Valiant. Not saying that in a rude way. Just matter of fact.
I have too agree with this statement

-Brian
I disagree. But since Apple is so closely tied in so many levels and Google isn’t big on media.. yet... Disney is not very worried... yet.

Gooogle buys Netflix and all bets are off... :kidaround: :?
It's not that I don't have an avatar... I've just been working on it for the last few hundred years.

Aram
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite character: Tie between Flo and Andy
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: The ones that wrote 4 Valiant.

Post by Aram »

Or did I mean Netflix buy google? :?

So hard to keep track these days....
It's not that I don't have an avatar... I've just been working on it for the last few hundred years.

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham

Post by Juki »

I do have to agree that when Ironman used the words "Nano Tech" for his and Spider-Man's suits I thought to myself.... "I wonder if Marvel wanted to beat Valiant's Bloodshot Movie to the punch using the words "Nano Tech." Now it makes Bloodshot seem like a Nano Tech rip off (when people see the movie).

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

Exactly!!! And can someone explain why iron man has XO style 'living armor'? I missed that one.. also, it's TRUE that the ninja Hawkeye suit with the sword is new to this movie right?..
Perhaps it wasn't a good idea to make that ultra low budget ninjak versus the valiant universe movie because it showcased the potential of the properties that Disney is up against. Obviously that low budget thing was not very good, but it showed who and what the characters are...
Dude this is weird ..you've got ninjak, xo, and nanotech in the biggest marvel movie right before the VCU begins, Which has significantly more potential to rival the Marvel movies just based on character design..the DCU movies will always be incoherent and too 'super'..

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Venom existed before XO. As did Iron Man. He’s a rip off of them, not the other way around. The Ronin design might be similar to Ninjak given Joe Qs involvement in both, but neither was the first ninja character let alone ninja superhero. Marvel doesn’t give a *SQUEE* what anyone else is doing. They are so far above Valiant, they’re not even on their radar. They do not fear any other movie franchise because they are the king. Any idea that they might do something to preempt a Bloodshot movie is completely *SQUEE* ridiculous.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

Double post

chriskay99
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Location: The surrounding metropolitan area of Los Angeles, CA

Post by chriskay99 »

valiantdude wrote:its just weird...
literally its ninjak in the avengers movie.. and i guess the costume wasn't used before this movie?
Literally it's Hawkeye
Black Science. Lazarus. Birthright. Saga. Manifest Destiny. Deadly Class.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

When did he get the sword in the mcu?

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

First appearance of Ronin was (2004) New Avengers 27 ... I just dug one out of my attic.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

I meant like in the MCU movies... did he have a sword before this movie?

Oxmyx
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith

Post by Oxmyx »

valiantdude wrote:I meant like in the MCU movies... did he have a sword before this movie?
Was Hawkeye the archery dude (not Archer dude!) in Age of Ultron?
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

jakgrimm

Post by jakgrimm »

I have to agree with ValiantDude. Something is going on...
Time to take a dump. -Torque

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

jakgrimm wrote:I have to agree with ValiantDude. Something is going on...
Guys... Ronin is literally a character that is another persona of Hawkeye in the comics. He predates the MCU in the comics. A ninja character is not a ripoff of Valiant. Also, X-O is a ripoff of Iron Man, so Iron Man can't ripoff X-O... And nanotechnology is an actual thing... Just saying nanotechnology doesn't mean it's a ripoff of Bloodshot.

Chill.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

I look forward to X-Men being introduced in the MCU after a Harbinger movie is talked about and then you guys we be all "MARVEL RIPPED OFF HARBINGER!"
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

lorddunlow wrote:I look forward to X-Men being introduced in the MCU after a Harbinger movie is talked about and then you guys we be all "MARVEL RIPPED OFF HARBINGER!"
Legion is totally a rip off of Harbinger.

valiantdude

Post by valiantdude »

i hear what your saying, but no those are not good examples... the thing is Joe quesada has said in interviews that ninjak was one of the best characters ever, and was totally lost on valiant...
He used some of the design elements on his character Ash, but nothing like Ronin..
So, from what I understand, ronin was created in 2004 by Joe Quesada and is a complete Rip off of Ninjak from a character design perspective, but not nearly as much as the movie version.

the comic version of ronin is WAY different from the movie version,
and really im realizing that it was more based off of the mike manley acclaim redesign..

im sorry i dont do well posting pics...heres some links for comparison

http://all-comic.com/2016/ninjak-22/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; --VEI ninjak

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/724446290036657031/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -- MCU ninjak (Ronin)

https://valiant.fandom.com/wiki/Ninjak_(Valiant_Entertainment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) ---VEI ninjak