VALIANT OCTOBER 2019 COMIC BOOK SALES!

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre
VALIANT OCTOBER 2019 COMIC BOOK SALES!

Post by agent_graves »

295 Bloodshot 2* $3.99 Valiant 6,891 (*-10%)

299 Roku 1 $3.99 Valiant 6,724

348 Killers 4 $3.99 Valiant 4,868

356 Doctor Mirage 3 $3.99 Valiant 4,479

366 Psi-Lords 5 $3.99 Valiant 4,063

378 Livewire 11 $3.99 Valiant 3,762 :cry:

392 *Bloodshot 1 $3.99 Valiant 3,247 :hm:

*Interesting... To my knowledge, this is not a 2nd print. Re-orders show interest... :thumb:
#StayValiant

syzhang28
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Re: VALIANT OCTOBER 2019 COMIC BOOK SALES!

Post by syzhang28 »

Bloodshot going from 41,368 at #1 to 6,891 at #2 with the trailer dropping in the same time period is worrying. That's a 84% drop.
Seems DMG are following the Marvel method and putting all their efforts into numbers for #1 and then watching the books crash. It's reported that Marvel does this to make sure they hit their earnings each quarter. Maybe Valiant is doing this so they can hit DMG sales targets for publishing each month? Just a guess. Not based on any intel.

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

Livewire's looking a bit poor, and although Psi Lords is about stable from last month, it's sad to see that Doc Mirage and Killers have taken a slight drop :(

I genuinely hope that Valiant haven't adopted the 'Marvel Method' as that doesn't bode well for the quality of storytelling overall, but on the other hand, if they haven't, then I'm not sure that that's a good sign either as far as the longevity of the company is concerned :(
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Bloodshot #2 numbers are shockingly bad :o it’s a poor book so far but i didn’t expect it to do less than 7000!!

Roku debuts at under 7000, this must be the lowest #1 issue they’ve ever done? I wonder what sales they planned for when this series got the green light?

As for the sales on the other books, whose taking accountability for all of this? facepalm It shouldn’t be a shock to anyone but I’ll say no more as even I’m bored repeating the same mantra :bricks:

syzhang28

Post by syzhang28 »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:Bloodshot #2 numbers are shockingly bad :o it’s a poor book so far but i didn’t expect it to do less than 7000!!

Roku debuts at under 7000, this must be the lowest #1 issue they’ve ever done? I wonder what sales they planned for when this series got the green light?

As for the sales on the other books, whose taking accountability for all of this? facepalm It shouldn’t be a shock to anyone but I’ll say no more as even I’m bored repeating the same mantra :bricks:
I didn't even notice that was Roku issue ONE! That's crazy. Is it possible this is not the actual number and there was a printer or diamond issue and we'll see the other half of the numbers next month or something?

agent_graves
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

syzhang28 wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:Bloodshot #2 numbers are shockingly bad :o it’s a poor book so far but i didn’t expect it to do less than 7000!!

I didn't even notice that was Roku issue ONE! That's crazy. Is it possible this is not the actual number and there was a printer or diamond issue and we'll see the other half of the numbers next month or something?
Wishful thinking... :hm:

I doubt it tho... facepalm
#StayValiant

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Doom.

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

And gloom.

These are the worst numbers yet I’ve seen from any Valiant title for the beginning. Roku 1 is atrocious.

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

If DMG doesn't nail it in (#)2020, I think this whole experiment might be done for. They're going to have to come out swinging.

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

So those who say the books are good either are on drugs or in dmg's pocket. These numbers represents how sunk the ship actually is. Nobody cares! Least when the books were banging most of the time it showed.
It's really to bad... but maybe Disney buys valiant.
I Miss the good old days.

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

nonplayer wrote:but maybe Disney buys valiant.
No, No and triple No!!!

Disney already owns enough of my childhood by gobbling up Marvel and Star Wars. They don’t need to own my adolescence too by buying Valiant. Plus they have ESPN. They get enough money from me already.

(Edit that said Disney has done an amazing job with the Marvel movies and I assume the comics are better (I don’t read any Marvel) than the drek Marvel was putting out before they were taken over).

Shadowman99

Post by Shadowman99 »

nonplayer wrote:So those who say the books are good either are on drugs or in dmg's pocket. These numbers represents how sunk the ship actually is. Nobody cares! Least when the books were banging most of the time it showed.
I'd just like to put it out there that, as a matter of fact that I am somebody who has genuinely enjoyed most of Valiant's recent output, with the exception of Bloodshot: Rising Spirit, and that I am neither on drugs nor in DMG's pocket in any kind of figurative sense.

Maybe just wake up a little bit and let it sink in that not everybody possess your exact same perception of quality? :?

I do agree though that the numbers on these comics don't appear to be a promising sign for the future of the company.

TheFerg714
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

Shadowman99 wrote:
nonplayer wrote:So those who say the books are good either are on drugs or in dmg's pocket. These numbers represents how sunk the ship actually is. Nobody cares! Least when the books were banging most of the time it showed.
I'd just like to put it out there that, as a matter of fact that I am somebody who has genuinely enjoyed most of Valiant's recent output, with the exception of Bloodshot: Rising Spirit, and that I am neither on drugs nor in DMG's pocket in any kind of figurative sense.

Maybe just wake up a little bit and let it sink in that not everybody possess your exact same perception of quality? :?

I do agree though that the numbers on these comics don't appear to be a promising sign for the future of the company.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you're clearly in the minority here. The sales numbers clearly show a dramatic drop in Valiant interest.

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

TheFerg714 wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you're clearly in the minority here. The sales numbers clearly show a dramatic drop in Valiant interest.
Im sorry if I offended you It was not my intenton to put you down or anyone for that matter.
Its almost like they are new to the comic book industry and are missing the mark.
Glad your liking it.
I Miss the good old days.

Shadowman99

Post by Shadowman99 »

nonplayer wrote:
TheFerg714 wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:

Im sorry if I offended you It was not my intenton to put you down or anyone for that matter.
Its almost like they are new to the comic book industry and are missing the mark.
Glad your liking it.
Well, no worries :high-five:

Maybe you've genuinely hit upon a factor that's feeding into the larger picture here: maybe there are a lot of younger consumers out there who really are new to the comic industry and that's influencing numbers across the industry as a whole?

Maybe these 'younger and newer' readers are all reading digitally and so their purchases aren't showing up in the hard copy figures, but Valiant is still making $$$? Unlikely maybe, but who can say? :?

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

Shadowman99 wrote:
nonplayer wrote:
TheFerg714 wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:

Glad your liking it.

Maybe you've genuinely hit upon a factor that's feeding into the larger picture here: maybe there are a lot of younger consumers out there who really are new to the comic industry and that's influencing numbers across the industry as a whole?

Maybe these 'younger and newer' readers are all reading digitally and so their purchases aren't showing up in the hard copy figures, but Valiant is still making $$$? Unlikely maybe, but who can say? :?
At NYCC, I overheard someone currently at Valiant tell someone that sales were good so I can assume that they're not losing money. But, if the powers that be decide that they need to make more money, that doesn't mean they won't try to change things
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

Shadowman99

Post by Shadowman99 »

kjjohanson wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:
nonplayer wrote:
TheFerg714 wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:

Glad your liking it.

At NYCC, I overheard someone currently at Valiant tell someone that sales were good so I can assume that they're not losing money. But, if the powers that be decide that they need to make more money, that doesn't mean they won't try to change things
Point understood, but that guy was representing Valiant at a con and he's hardly likely to have let slip news of anything that less than rosy, so I'd be skeptical of any comment like that from that context.

kjjohanson
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

Shadowman99 wrote:Point understood, but that guy was representing Valiant at a con and he's hardly likely to have let slip news of anything that less than rosy, so I'd be skeptical of any comment like that from that context.
It wasn't in the context of a panel. All I'll say is that my take was that it was a genuine comment.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.