GitCorp Bloodshot Collection

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.
GitCorp Bloodshot Collection

Post by nycjadie »

Just noticed this today, as I've put off purchasing the "classic collection" until they figure out the "bonus" slide issue. What's interesting is that it says it's a DVD-ROM product, as opposed to a USB product like the others. In any event, FYI.

https://gitstore.gitcorp.com/shop?olsPa ... collection" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen
Re: GitCorp Bloodshot Collection

Post by IMJ »

BOOM! These are amazing. Their previous Marvel discs were great. I am 100% in - preordering as soon as I'm done typing this.

-edit- Ordered!

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

It would be nice if they indicated what the security restrictions were.
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham

Post by Juki »

I wonder why they credit the 2012 Bloodshot series as “the basis for the hit motion picture?” Do they know something that we don’t?

If this is true then why is Bloodshot’s name Ray Garrison from the Acclaim run?

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

How many people still have a DVD player on their computer/laptop. When companies do things like this it never surprises me when people just bypass the intellectual property and download the content elsewhere for free.

Why not just have a link on the website for when you pay that you can download the issues. Plenty of unlicensed sites will allow you to download Bloodshot (or whatever other comic you want) I would assume.

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

magnus20009 wrote:How many people still have a DVD player on their computer/laptop. When companies do things like this it never surprises me when people just bypass the intellectual property and download the content elsewhere for free.

Why not just have a link on the website for when you pay that you can download the issues. Plenty of unlicensed sites will allow you to download Bloodshot (or whatever other comic you want) I would assume.
It's bananas, right? I haven't used a disk in at least 5 years, and probably much longer.

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

magnus20009 wrote:How many people still have a DVD player on their computer/laptop. When companies do things like this it never surprises me when people just bypass the intellectual property and download the content elsewhere for free.

Typically GIT Corp makes these files PDFs that you can copy from the disc. So I use the disc, put the collections onto my HMS and can read them from any device in my house, or even pull them off of my HMS remotely when I'm out and about. I keep the DVDs as a back up of the collections (so to speak). They are a great format for digital comics - more like a utility than purely as reading material.

kevinbastos
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody

Post by kevinbastos »

nycjadie wrote:Just noticed this today, as I've put off purchasing the "classic collection" until they figure out the "bonus" slide issue. What's interesting is that it says it's a DVD-ROM product, as opposed to a USB product like the others. In any event, FYI.

https://gitstore.gitcorp.com/shop?olsPa ... collection" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It has been officially not figured out.
Dear Valiant Platinum Customers,

I am sorry to inform you that the Valiant Complete Digital Comic Book Collection – Platinum Edition has
been officially cancelled. After months of hard work and delays due to molding designs, it looks like the ability to produce this product will not be possible.

I like to thank all our customers for your patience in this situation and would like to offer you a special package that would include: Valiant Complete Digital Comic Book Collection, Valiant Classic Digital Comic Book Collection and the new Bloodshot Complete Digital Comic Book Collection….all three sets for the cost
of your $90.00 payment, a $155.00 value. This would be a saving of 40% of our retail price. Or we would be happy to refund the full cost of your order, the choice is yours.

I know most of you have one or two of these collections already, but the additional collections would make great gifts for a special Valiant fan friend or family member on your Christmas list.

Both the Valiant Complete Digital Comic Book Collection and Valiant Classic Comic Book Collection will be shipped the same day that you respond to this email and sent priority mail that would arrive before Christmas. Bloodshot Complete Digital Comic Book Collection will ship on the release date of Feb. 03, 2020 just in time for the Bloodshot movie release.

Thanks again for all your support and patience.

Support Team
Hey, look! I have a podcast!
And a Website!
http://www.valiantnewuniverse.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I win an argument, it doesn't mean I'm right. It means I'm a better arguer.

In addition, I'm right.

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

nycjadie wrote:

It's bananas, right? I haven't used a disk in at least 5 years, and probably much longer.
The nice thing about the disc is that it can reside as a back-up of the material after you rip the scans from it onto your computer. -thumb's up-

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

kevinbastos wrote:
nycjadie wrote:Just noticed this today, as I've put off purchasing the "classic collection" until they figure out the "bonus" slide issue. What's interesting is that it says it's a DVD-ROM product, as opposed to a USB product like the others. In any event, FYI.

It has been officially not figured out.
Dear Valiant Platinum Customers,

I am sorry to inform you that the Valiant Complete Digital Comic Book Collection – Platinum Edition has
been officially cancelled. After months of hard work and delays due to molding designs, it looks like the ability to produce this product will not be possible.

I like to thank all our customers for your patience in this situation and would like to offer you a special package that would include: Valiant Complete Digital Comic Book Collection, Valiant Classic Digital Comic Book Collection and the new Bloodshot Complete Digital Comic Book Collection….all three sets for the cost
of your $90.00 payment, a $155.00 value. This would be a saving of 40% of our retail price. Or we would be happy to refund the full cost of your order, the choice is yours.

I know most of you have one or two of these collections already, but the additional collections would make great gifts for a special Valiant fan friend or family member on your Christmas list.

Both the Valiant Complete Digital Comic Book Collection and Valiant Classic Comic Book Collection will be shipped the same day that you respond to this email and sent priority mail that would arrive before Christmas. Bloodshot Complete Digital Comic Book Collection will ship on the release date of Feb. 03, 2020 just in time for the Bloodshot movie release.

Thanks again for all your support and patience.

Support Team
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :kidaround: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So glad I decided to skip out on this. Hopefully they have enough working capital for the refunds.

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

THIS IS A VERY LONG POST, BUT GUYS YOU'VE GOTTA READ EVERY WORD, SERIOUSLY......

So I wanted to give everyone a head's up on the GITCorp efforts for Valiant. In the past I have been really, really happy with my GIT Corp collections - and that says a lot coming from a guy that hates digital comics. If you want to be quickly caught up on my position regarding these, just check out my one or two posts above in the thread about them.

So today in the mail I got my Bloodshot collection. It's an epic failure compared to the past collections, and this release encompasses everything that I hate about the digital comics. Honestly, although I have several of their previous releases (pictured in this thread above) I've got to say that GIT Corp dropped the ball so badly on these that I'm probably going to wash my hands of buying any of their future releases because they are borderline useless to me now. I'll try to explain below a bit.

Basically almost all of what I'm going to say revolves around the DRM that essentially ruins the entire experience. Also remember that in my posts above I've gone on about the ease of access and how these releases create convenience of research and accessibility in digital format - especially when you are out and about. That's all gone now and render all of the uses I had for these null and void.

1) Previous GIT Corp releases on DVD-ROM simply had the books installed on a disk with nice, readable scans in PDF. So what you lost in comic reader "app" maneuverability, you gained in ease of access simply by using Adobe. But now these are keyed PDF's that end in .pdc rather than .pdf. That means you have to use the proprietary, keyed reader to use them.

2) In addition to having these keyed to a reader, you have to activate your disc to the product serial number in the package. So basically these are keyed and that leaves every issue available that you've ever heard of should the company go under, or they wipe a server. Basically you can't just "click on the files and read your PDF". Complete BS. This also means that at bare minimum you'll need the launcher package installed on your device even if you plan on only reading 5 comic where ever you are going. You might as well just install the whole damn thing everytime as that will be easier.

3) My use for these involves ease of access where and when I want - I've installed past GIT Corp releases on my private server and I can retrieve a comic book (that I paid for, btw) from my own hard drive remotely on my phone, or from my network when I'm home on my tablet. It's nice and I don't wear and tear my discs because I simply copied the PDF's to my network drive and you used to open them on any device on my network. But now? GONE. GIT Corp DRM let's you (say it as if this is somehow exciting) "read the digital comic book collection on up to two devices that use [windows, mac, android, IOS]". Two devices. I don't want 1.5 gig of *SQUEE* on my devices. I want these files as unkeyed PDF's on my server that I can retrieve from my server from any device that I allow to access my HMS. So basically, rather than paying honestly for comic books that I've probably already bought at least twice now, we are at the point where you are truly better off just acquiring unlocked PDF's to do whatever you want with.

IT GETS BETTER!!!

4) I can't even bring myself to explain this.... so I'm going to just transcribe the activation instructions... wait until you guys read this bull *SQUEE*....
"On the back side of this card is your product serial number. Send this serial number along with your name and email address in an email to activate@gitcorp.com Within 24 hours, you will receive an activation email. This email will provide links to the downloadable view apps."

Are you guys tracking this with me here? Not only do you have to activate these, but you can't just go do it via URL. You have to take your code. Send a special email. And then wait 24 hours for a reply, just to find a link to then download the viewer app. THIS IS THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE.

I will never buy another GIT Corp product again - I don't care how much I loved their past releases.

First they drop the ball on the pre-ordered collections. And then they substituted with THIS?!? Not only will I not buy a GIT Corp release ever again, but this is what I get for trying to honestly pay or Digital Comics. It's less stressful to download .cbz scans from somewhere so I'm going to have to give that some serious consideration now.

Oh AND ONE MORE THING! This collection comes with an "excuse letter" describing a variety of (what GIT CORP calls) "Typos" on the packaging. LMAO! I'm serious. They sent a letter with this overly firewalled product explaining "a few printed "typo" errors" on the DVD Case cover insert. I'm stone serious.

What a joke. Company screws up initial offering for a "Universe" release, so offers a Bloodshot collection instead. Company screws up the information on the jacket of the Bloodshot collection. Company places entire collection on a multi-layered firewall that not only discourages a reader from USING the collection, let alone registering it in the first place.

I don't have "regular" customer complaints about this. I just want to go to these people and shake my fist and call them all dumb sons of *SQUEE*. I'll never again buy another GIT Corp collection and I'll discourage anyone I know from buying anything from these fools ever again.
Last edited by IMJ on Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:15:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

IMJ wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:05:49 pm THIS IS A VERY LONG POST, BUT GUYS YOU'VE GOTTA READ EVERY WORD, SERIOUSLY......

So I wanted to give everyone a head's up on the GITCorp efforts for Valiant. In the past I have been really, really happy with my GIT Corp collections - and that says a lot coming from a guy that hates digital comics. If you want to be quickly caught up on my position regarding these, just check out my one or two posts above in the thread about them.

So today in the mail I got my Bloodshot collection. It's an epic failure compared to the past collections, and this release encompasses everything that I hate about the digital comics. Honestly, although I have several of their previous releases (pictured in this thread above) I've got to say that GIT Corp dropped the ball so badly on these that I'm probably going to wash my hands of buying any of their future releases because they are borderline useless to me now. I'll try to explain below a bit.

With that as a primer, let me get out of the way that the scans on this collection are great

But let's get on to the problems with this release and why I'm washing my hands of these. Basically almost all of what I'm going to say revolves around the DRM that essentially ruins the entire experience. Also remember that in my posts above I've gone on about the ease of access and how these releases create convenience of research and accessibility in digital format - especially when you are out and about. That's all gone now and render all of the uses I had for these null and void.

1) Previous GIT Corp releases on DVD-ROM simply had the books installed on a disk with nice, readable scans in PDF. So what you lost in comic reader "app" maneuverability, you gained in ease of access simply by using Adobe. But now these are keyed PDF's that end in .pdc rather than .pdf. That means you have to use the proprietary, keyed reader to use them.

2) In addition to having these keyed to a reader, you have to activate your disc to the product serial number in the package. So basically these are keyed and that leaves every issue available that you've ever heard of should the company go under, or they wipe a server. Basically you can't just "click on the files and read your PDF". Complete BS. This also means that at bare minimum you'll need the launcher package installed on your device even if you plan on only reading 5 comic where ever you are going. You might as well just install the whole damn thing everytime as that will be easier.

3) My use for these involves ease of access where and when I want - I've installed past GIT Corp releases on my private server and I can retrieve a comic book (that I paid for, btw) from my own hard drive remotely on my phone, or from my network when I'm home on my tablet. It's nice and I don't wear and tear my discs because I simply copied the PDF's to my network drive and you used to open them on any device on my network. But now? GONE. GIT Corp DRM let's you (say it as if this is somehow exciting) "read the digital comic book collection on up to two devices that use [windows, mac, android, IOS]". Two devices. I don't want 1.5 gig of *SQUEE* on my devices. I want these files as unkeyed PDF's on my server that I can retrieve from my server from any device that I allow to access my HMS. So basically, rather than paying honestly for comic books that I've probably already bought at least twice now, we are at the point where you are truly better off just acquiring unlocked PDF's to do whatever you want with.

IT GETS BETTER!!!

4) I can't even bring myself to explain this.... so I'm going to just transcribe the activation instructions... wait until you guys read this bull *SQUEE*....
"On the back side of this card is your product serial number. Send this serial number along with your name and email address in an email to activate@gitcorp.com Within 24 hours, you will receive an activation email. This email will provide links to the downloadable view apps."

Are you guys tracking this with me here? Not only do you have to activate these, but you can't just go do it via URL. You have to take your code. Send a special email. And then wait 24 hours for a reply, just to find a link to then download the viewer app. THIS IS THE DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE.

I will never buy another GIT Corp product again - I don't care how much I loved their past releases.

First they drop the ball on the pre-ordered collections. And then they substituted with THIS?!? Not only will I not buy a GIT Corp release ever again, but this is what I get for trying to honestly pay or Digital Comics. It's less stressful to download .cbz scans from somewhere so I'm going to have to give that some serious consideration now.

Oh AND ONE MORE THING! This collection comes with an "excuse letter" describing a variety of (what GIT CORP calls) "Typos" on the packaging. LMAO! I'm serious. They sent a letter with this overly firewalled product explaining "a few printed "typo" errors" on the DVD Case cover insert. I'm stone serious.

What a joke. Company screws up initial offering for a "Universe" release, so offers a Bloodshot collection instead. Company screws up the information on the jacket of the Bloodshot collection. Company places entire collection on a multi-layered firewall that not only discourages a reader from USING the collection, let alone registering it in the first place.

I don't have "regular" customer complaints about this. I just want to go to this people and shake my fist and call them all dumb sons of *SQUEE*. I'll never again buy another GIT Corp collection and I'll discourage anyone I know from buying anything from these fools every again.
Agreed.

I have the VEI and Classic collections. Installation for each took weeks. The content takes a *SQUEE* of memory. The DRM is limited to two devices. If you have a hard time installing and you put it on one device to test, you're screwed upgrading (something I'm doing this very week for other reasons). The files are buggy and often show the comic bubbles blank. I have other VEI pdfs that do not have this issue. The Classic collection does not have Magnus, Solar or Unity, which for me is a huge drawback. If you have Apple products, expect to put in hours to get this up and running.

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

Dude, their Marvel & Archie releases were simply PDF's on a nice DVD-Rom. This is a disaster. it's such nonsense I don't even want to email them to activate the collection. I am SO f'n *SQUEE* off.

kjjohanson

Post by kjjohanson »

My big problem (in addition to what's already been mentioned here), is that I tried to take a screen shot of a panel to swipe out some new dialogue and replace it with something funny (basically, just do something fannish to share with other fans), and found that the protection DOES NOT LET YOU SCREEN SHOT IT. So if you wanted to write reviews of Valiant comics and use a visual to help explain what you were writing, you can't do it with GITCorp's packages.

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

kjjohanson wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:47:54 pm My big problem (in addition to what's already been mentioned here), is that I tried to take a screen shot of a panel to swipe out some new dialogue and replace it with something funny (basically, just do something fannish to share with other fans), and found that the protection DOES NOT LET YOU SCREEN SHOT IT. So if you wanted to write reviews of Valiant comics and use a visual to help explain what you were writing, you can't do it with GITCorp's packages.
We were talking about draconian administration in the Valiant Facebook page thread, but this takes it to another level entirely. Seriously, this product is such crap that it encourages piracy. What adds insult to injury is that I'd gamble that a significant amount of buyers, if not all the buyers, of this collection already own these books anyway. But they put this collection on a completely unreasonable lockdown, even to the point of discouraging initial registration let alone use.

But they included an excuse letter for misinformation on the collections printed matter. Between the lost compilation that took our money and then failed and this whole debacle, the only reason I don't return these for my money back is because it's probably more trouble and I just don't want to deal with it. and these were not cheap.

kjjohanson

Post by kjjohanson »

IMJ wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:18:51 pm
kjjohanson wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:47:54 pm My big problem (in addition to what's already been mentioned here), is that I tried to take a screen shot of a panel to swipe out some new dialogue and replace it with something funny (basically, just do something fannish to share with other fans), and found that the protection DOES NOT LET YOU SCREEN SHOT IT. So if you wanted to write reviews of Valiant comics and use a visual to help explain what you were writing, you can't do it with GITCorp's packages.
We were talking about draconian administration in the Valiant Facebook page thread, but this takes it to another level entirely. Seriously, this product is such crap that it encourages piracy. What adds insult to injury is that I'd gamble that a significant amount of buyers, if not all the buyers, of this collection already own these books anyway. But they put this collection on a completely unreasonable lockdown, even to the point of discouraging initial registration let alone use.

But they included an excuse letter for misinformation on the collections printed matter. Between the lost compilation that took our money and then failed and this whole debacle, the only reason I don't return these for my money back is because it's probably more trouble and I just don't want to deal with it. and these were not cheap.
Yep! I own all of the monthly issues and almost every collection (both in trades and the deluxe hardcovers) and I already owned a bunch of the books digitally either through Humble Bundles/Groupees or if they just had a really good sale on Comixology, but I figured it was cheap enough per issues to buy the whole VEI collection, to have it handy in one spot. But it's kind of a pain

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

DRM, much like Facebook, is the devil.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

lorddunlow wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:40:14 pm DRM, much like Facebook, is the devil.

It is man, but this is such a pile of nonsense.

An activation key that only works via email request so that you can get a download link that STILL NEEDS an activation key after it's downloaded just so you can read Adobe PDF's that DONT WORK ON ADOBE?!??! All in a package that replaces a failed offering (the Universe collection) and includes an apology letter that tries to diminish bad production and poor quality control to "typos".

Seriously what kind of mental gymnastics are the clowns at GIT Corp going through over there?

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

magnus20009 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:34:01 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :kidaround: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So glad I decided to skip out on this.
My quote from above for the VEI product applies here to the Bloodshot product as well.

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

So let me get this straight... you're paying $20 for 159 comics, and you're complaining that it's not DRM free? Shouldn't you just be happy to get a ridiculous amount of comics for a ridiculously cheap price?

And what does this have to do with the Facebook group?

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

TheFerg714 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:22:33 am So let me get this straight... you're paying $20 for 159 comics, and you're complaining that it's not DRM free? Shouldn't you just be happy to get a ridiculous amount of comics for a ridiculously cheap price?

You didn't get it straight. Instead you just trivialized the issue by trying to distill it down beyond the totality, like some kind of elitist. Each of your exaggeratedly distilled down points are addressed in the posts here and then in my one post in the Facebook group thread. And if the only complaint was that the collection is not DRM free, then I would've had a much shorter post simply saying "well this sucks, now they aren't DRM free. Not recommended".

In your attempt to sound elitist by bringing the whole conversation down to an overly simplified complaint, you've actually made yourself sound like you lack reading comprehension, or that you are trying to sound like the elitist voice of reasons, which clearly you are not. The cost of an item doesn't justify the kind of nonsense outlined in this thread.
Last edited by IMJ on Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:26:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

-Double post-

nycjadie

Post by nycjadie »

TheFerg714 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:22:33 am So let me get this straight... you're paying $20 for 159 comics, and you're complaining that it's not DRM free? Shouldn't you just be happy to get a ridiculous amount of comics for a ridiculously cheap price?

Me and other have complained about the $75 and $60 collections, plus all the headaches of trying to actually use them.

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

TheFerg714 wrote:So let me get this straight... you're paying $20 for 159 comics, and you're complaining that it's not DRM free? Shouldn't you just be happy to get a ridiculous amount of comics for a ridiculously cheap price?

Image/McFarlane/whoever makes these decisions just sold like 100 Spawn comics for whatever amount you wanted to pay, drm-free and you can even make the payment go totally to a charity. $15 netted you like 150 comics, and again 100% of that could go to a charity.

DRM free in multiple formats.

That's how it's done.

*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

TheeBaldMoose
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

I remember this, and we did talk about it on the FB page a little bit. Mainly though, it didn't affect many people. That, and it warned others to stay away. This went down how long ago? Several months, right?
Moose