C2E2 2020

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Jrosen
My posts can all fit in a short box
C2E2 2020

Post by Jrosen »

I saw that C2E2 released the exhibitor's and panel listings, and Valiant wasn't included on either one. Last year they had a small presence as part of a LCS exhibitor and led one panel. It looks like they cut back from even that small presence. With Bloodshot being released 2 weeks after C2E2, I'm at a loss on why they aren't going in, at least at last year's small level, this time around.

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.
Re: C2E2 2020

Post by nycjadie »

I bed #badidea will be there!

TheeBaldMoose
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Valiant will be there, Gregg Katzman has said as much. From what I can remember, they will be introducing the team for The Final Witness, and will have some other stuff there too.
Moose

Jrosen

Post by Jrosen »

TheeBaldMoose wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:13:45 pm Valiant will be there, Gregg Katzman has said as much. From what I can remember, they will be introducing the team for The Final Witness, and will have some other stuff there too.
I hope so. I sent Valiant a message on Twitter, but I haven't received a response.

nonplayer
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill

Post by nonplayer »

Im waiting for a bunch of responses. Ive learned to not to hold my breath
I Miss the good old days.

TheeBaldMoose

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Jrosen wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:15:39 pm
TheeBaldMoose wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:13:45 pm Valiant will be there, Gregg Katzman has said as much. From what I can remember, they will be introducing the team for The Final Witness, and will have some other stuff there too.
I hope so. I sent Valiant a message on Twitter, but I haven't received a response.
Straight from the horses mouth, Gregg stated that he checked with their Live Events Manger, and that he and John P. will be there. Also, there will be more info at the end of the month (i'm guessing through Twitter or the Valiant Entertainment page) regarding C2E2. Remember, those panels aren't finalized yet, as it's still a little early. Every year of this new Valiant, they split their team and send half to ECCC and half to C2E2, at least that's what I remember happening (could be wrong). I know they've had a presence at each C2E2, as it's a major Con. I don't think they'd start ignoring it (or at least I would hope they wouldn't).
nonplayer wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:53:45 pm Im waiting for a bunch of responses. Ive learned to not to hold my breath
I'd only suggest that you attempt to do that while underwater... :lol:

I do believe their Twitter and FB feeds are handled by interns, and actually contacting them/getting replies from them through those feeds are kind of iffy. They can't speak for the company.
Moose

TheeBaldMoose

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Not to fear, Gregg came through even earlier than advertised!

https://www.c2e2.com/Explore/Panels/Ful ... ature-film
Moose

Jrosen

Post by Jrosen »

TheeBaldMoose wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:35:23 pm Not to fear, Gregg came through even earlier than advertised!

https://www.c2e2.com/Explore/Panels/Ful ... ature-film
That's good. I hope that they bring more than just Gregg. I miss the large displays that they had under Dinesh.

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

I haven't been to C2E2 since 2017. Crazy!

Ramses818
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Ramses818 »

There displays have been getting smaller and smaller every year... at wondercon and Stan Lee’s comic con they didn’t even have their own booths.

Jrosen

Post by Jrosen »

Ramses818 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:42:19 am There displays have been getting smaller and smaller every year... at wondercon and Stan Lee’s comic con they didn’t even have their own booths.
They only had one bookshelf within a booth ran by a LCS at C2E2 last year, and their projector broke during the only panel they were running. It was really pathetic.

Ramses818
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Ramses818 »

So sad. I have so many thoughts but I will keep them to myself... Still so sad.

Jrosen

Post by Jrosen »

I'm surprised that they aren't going to do a second panel on the Valiant Heroes 2020 marketing campaign. I would have liked more info on what they have in the pipeline.

TheeBaldMoose

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

Jrosen wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:13:31 am I'm surprised that they aren't going to do a second panel on the Valiant Heroes 2020 marketing campaign. I would have liked more info on what they have in the pipeline.
Just got another message from Gregg, and the pannel will include overall Valiant Stuff (Year of Heroes). There will be a ton of Bloodshot stuff, with the movie coming out the week before.

Sadly, just one panel though
Moose

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham

Post by Juki »

This may be an ignorant question since I have never been to any of these big comicons..... but what are the chances of Vin Diesel going to any of these to help promote the movie? ...possibly giving people chances of signatures on their Bloodshot comics?

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

Juki wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:23:04 pm This may be an ignorant question since I have never been to any of these big comicons..... but what are the chances of Vin Diesel going to any of these to help promote the movie? ...possibly giving people chances of signatures on their Bloodshot comics?
Years back when it was a new thing, they made an honest effort to push C2E2 as a legit event. Nowadays I think it's just a regular convention in a very large space. So unfortunately, unless they start pushing to make it something special more akin to SDCC again, I can't see this happening here. It'd be nice though. I'd be happy to have it turn around.

TheeBaldMoose

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

IMJ wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:25:22 am
Juki wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:23:04 pm This may be an ignorant question since I have never been to any of these big comicons..... but what are the chances of Vin Diesel going to any of these to help promote the movie? ...possibly giving people chances of signatures on their Bloodshot comics?
Years back when it was a new thing, they made an honest effort to push C2E2 as a legit event. Nowadays I think it's just a regular convention in a very large space. So unfortunately, unless they start pushing to make it something special more akin to SDCC again, I can't see this happening here. It'd be nice though. I'd be happy to have it turn around.
I could see him do something like ACE Comic Con, but not a real, regular con. ACE does a great job bringing Marvel and DC actors to fans. I've gone to the last two in Seattle, and last year was better than the year before! It's slowly moving to more comics, but keeping up with their large names. The lines for those people go on forever. If Vin Diesel ever wanted to do something like that, I would figure He would hit those Cons. Alas, he always seems to be filming, don't know if he would enjoy the touring life.
Moose

Jrosen

Post by Jrosen »

Well, Valiant had zero presence at C2E2. Absolutely nothing. I was talking with Tim Seeley on Friday night. He mentioned that Valiant asked him to do a signing on at 5:00, but he returned to his table when he couldn't find any booth that they were set up in. He seemed pretty confused by the whole thing. I was very disappointed that there wasn't any noticable Valiant displays anywhere.

I didn't bother to go to the session, but, from the reports on bleedingcool, it doesn't seem like I missed anything. I spent that time in line to meet Joe Hill, who I was really excited to meet.

Did anyone go to the session?

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

I just found out today that a dealer had an Iron Man book that I'd have been interested in. Had no idea it was there and hadn't even considered it. I just generally don't go to cons anymore. But this really sucks because had I known about that particular book I'd have shown up with like ten slabs to negotiate a trade-'n-remainder deal.

Figures.

Ralph Malph
Working on the first full appearance of me
Valiant fan since: 91
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: Vendetti
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by Ralph Malph »

Hi all,
I’m new to the boards...longtime lurker though.

I love Valiant books, they’re the only thing I’m currently collecting monthly. Liked the books in the 90s and really liked the relaunch. And the Valiant booth at C2e2 in the past was a destination. Last year, no one at Graham Crackers comics really knew what was happening, but I let it slide since there were changes happening with DMG.

This con, however, Valiant’s “booth” was an embarrassment. They set up with a Lego mini figure seller (no knock on that guy, but a really weird choice for a partnership). There was 1 Valiant tablecloth and I only saw actual Valiant people twice of my three days. I didn’t see any signings announced, or even this location announced, ahead of time. It seemed like everything at this con was an afterthought...especially with all the Valiant talent that was there.

-RM

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

Ralph Malph wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:15:50 pm Hi all,

I love Valiant books, they’re the only thing I’m currently collecting monthly. Liked the books in the 90s and really liked the relaunch. And the Valiant booth at C2e2 in the past was a destination. Last year, no one at Graham Crackers comics really knew what was happening, but I let it slide since there were changes happening with DMG.

This con, however, Valiant’s “booth” was an embarrassment. They set up with a Lego mini figure seller (no knock on that guy, but a really weird choice for a partnership). There was 1 Valiant tablecloth and I only saw actual Valiant people twice of my three days. I didn’t see any signings announced, or even this location announced, ahead of time. It seemed like everything at this con was an afterthought...especially with all the Valiant talent that was there.

-RM
Hi there, welcome to the boards. That's interesting about the mini-fig partnership. Did the guy at least have a bunch of Valiant mini-figures? It's even weirder because the "mini-figure guy" (I've seen his booths over the years) isn't a "licensed" guy when it comes to Lego. I always got the impression that he just did this for fun....

What Graham Crackers do you tend to haunt in the area?

Ralph Malph
Valiant fan since: 91
Favorite character: Shadowman
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: Vendetti
Favorite artist: BWS

Post by Ralph Malph »

Truth be told, mini figures aren’t really my thing. I didn’t spend much time at the table.

I don’t hit up Graham Crackers too often. I’ve probably been to their Loop location more than any of the other ones.

Jrosen

Post by Jrosen »

-RM
Wierd. Do you know if they were giving away gold books? I would have liked to have added to my collection, but meeting Joe Hill was a bigger priority for me.

As an aside, I frequent the Loop store every week.

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

Jrosen wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:14:44 am

-RM
Wierd. Do you know if they were giving away gold books? I would have liked to have added to my collection, but meeting Joe Hill was a bigger priority for me.

As an aside, I frequent the Loop store every week.
I do so much online nowadays, but if I have a Saturday with a buddy now and again we will hit St. Charles, Wheaton and Naperville. We could do more but by that time we're burnt out of the LCS thing.

It's been a few years since I've been to the Loop location. Do they still have the "basement of a zillion bargain boxes", or was that Lakeview? It's been a while...

Jrosen

Post by Jrosen »

IMJ wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:39:44 am

I do so much online nowadays, but if I have a Saturday with a buddy now and again we will hit St. Charles, Wheaton and Naperville. We could do more but by that time we're burnt out of the LCS thing.

It's been a few years since I've been to the Loop location. Do they still have the "basement of a zillion bargain boxes", or was that Lakeview? It's been a while...
I believe it's the Lakeview store. It's not the loop store.