Good news about the Bloodshot movie

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Oxmyx
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith
Good news about the Bloodshot movie

Post by Oxmyx »

I was talking to my wife about our weekend plans, and knowing how unhappy she was accompanying me to the recent Godzilla movie, I wanted to make sure I offered her an easy way out of having to go. I told her I could try and find a guy coworker who might wanna go hang out, but she said "It's got Vin Diesel in it, right? Sure I wanna go."

Cool beans.
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

nonplayer
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: back in the day xo#9
Favorite character: Momo, xo turok
Favorite title: Wrath of the eternal warrior
Favorite writer: Joshua dysart
Favorite artist: Robert Gill
Re: Good news about the Bloodshot movie

Post by nonplayer »

I got 8 people to go with me opening night. :high-five:
I Miss the good old days.

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

I'm going Friday night to the only true IMAX theater in NYC, with some friends and someone I met at NYCC from the Valiant Fans Facebook group (not sure if he's also on the boards here). If anyone is in NYC and wants to join us, let me know!
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.

dornwolf
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by dornwolf »

I think people seriously underestimate Vin Diesels drawing power. For god sakes he relaunched XxX and made it a sucess.

Oxmyx

Post by Oxmyx »

dornwolf wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:29:14 pm I think people seriously underestimate Vin Diesels drawing power. For god sakes he relaunched XxX and made it a sucess.
I agree. I don't know if we have Dinesh to thank for casting Vin Diesel, but whoever it was made a brilliant choice.
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

I hope I am wrong but I think the opening weekend will be well below expectations. Having lived with the hysteria over the coronavirus for two months here in Asia and watching the USA go into full batsh*t insane mode I figure people will be staying away from theatres.

When I watched the new Harley Quinn movie there was only the person who I went with and I in the theatres.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

Double post
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

magnus20009 wrote:I hope I am wrong but I think the opening weekend will be well below expectations. Having lived with the hysteria over the coronavirus for two months here in Asia and watching the USA go into full batsh*t insane mode I figure people will be staying away from theatres.

When I watched the new Harley Quinn movie there was only the person who I went with and I in the theatres.
*SQUEE* crazy is accurate. I can’t believe the amount of stuff being cancelled. Went to the mall this weekend though and it was packed. So the average person hasn’t gone insane yet, but the bureaucracy certainly has. I think people will still go out to the movies (though less so in Cali, Texas, etc where there have been more cases and more craziness).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

Oxmyx wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:21:36 am
dornwolf wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:29:14 pm I think people seriously underestimate Vin Diesels drawing power. For god sakes he relaunched XxX and made it a sucess.
I agree. I don't know if we have Dinesh to thank for casting Vin Diesel, but whoever it was made a brilliant choice.
As a producer and CEO/CCO of Valiant, I certainly did my part to campaign for him to be cast and used the full power of being CEO of the rights holder to push for it to happen but the only man who has the power to make that happen is Tom Rothman who runs Sony. He was the one that got it done.
Last edited by dino on Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:04:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

double post

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

I've got an advanced screening Wednesday night in Seattle. There have been a lot of things shut down here locally, but so far, this movie is a go! I really hope that I will have the full 16 members there for this open, as I am expecting a lot of energy there!
Moose

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

dino wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:03:15 am
Oxmyx wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:21:36 am
As a producer and CEO/CCO of Valiant, I certainly did my part to campaign for him to be cast and used the full power of being CEO of the rights holder to push for it to happen but the only man who has the power to make that happen is Tom Rothman who runs Sony. He was the one that got it done.
Well it was a wise move. He is after all single handidly keeping Universal Studios alive.

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

TheeBaldMoose wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:30:06 pm I've got an advanced screening Wednesday night in Seattle. There have been a lot of things shut down here locally, but so far, this movie is a go! I really hope that I will have the full 16 members there for this open, as I am expecting a lot of energy there!
I’m still in! Highlight of my week.

SJS4

Post by SJS4 »

I am planning to go see it Thursday night. I am really looking forward to seeing Valiant on the big screen.

I am worried that it won’t do well though. There isn’t much hype around the movie and the kung flu will probably keep some people away as well. I hope I am wrong though.
Kurt Busiek wrote: Bull$#!t

corey
Valiant fan since: 1st turok
Favorite character: x-o manowar
Favorite title: x-o manowar

Post by corey »

I'm hoping to be able to watch it Friday night or Saturday. I'm excited :thumb:

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

I'm going one night between now and the weekend. Hopefully opening night since they make a big deal out of the opening numbers.

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

Trying to determine if I can see this in Atmos anywhere on near me. I think I'll be doing the IMAX 15 minutes from my house even though it's only Dolby 7.1. The closest place showing it in Atmos is an hour away...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

Oxmyx

Post by Oxmyx »

BugsySig wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:48:05 am
magnus20009 wrote:Having lived with the hysteria over the coronavirus for two months here in Asia and watching the USA go into full batsh*t insane mode
*SQUEE* crazy is accurate. I can’t believe the amount of stuff being cancelled. Went to the mall this weekend though and it was packed. So the average person hasn’t gone insane yet, but the bureaucracy certainly has. I think people will still go out to the movies (though less so in Cali, Texas, etc where there have been more cases and more craziness).
He said full bats*t insane, not crazy. There's a difference.

But seriously this situation 100% feels like a rerun of the political situation. What will people do? Will disinformation or apathy triumph? Will fear, or desire, or self interest, or thoughtful decision making? Will the media news just decide for us?

I was gonna say the USA political situation, but hell it's like this everywhere in the world.

At least with the movie industry your vote is counted, probably accurately. And with a process that makes sense.

Sunlight on Snow

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

magnus20009 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:44:01 am I hope I am wrong but I think the opening weekend will be well below expectations. Having lived with the hysteria over the coronavirus for two months here in Asia and watching the USA go into full batsh*t insane mode I figure people will be staying away from theatres.
Same here in Germany.

About 2 weeks ago they said everything was okay, now politicians & co. sound like it's gonna be the end of the world. :?

And the hysteria is only getting worse. Yesterday they decided to ban spectators from any event beyond 1,000 attendees or simply cancel/postpone the event entirely. Most sport events will be held without audience. Huzzah! The Hockey league already canceled the entire playoffs and there will be no champion this season. My local club didn't even qualify (after losing 16 games in a row at some point) so whatevs....

Everyone is asked to better stay at home whenever possible. It's been raining for the last four weeks anyway.

As of now there are slightly more than 1.600 official Corona infections and 3 deaths. (Population: ~83 millions)

----

Usually there are multiple options in at least 2 theaters to watch the English language version. Last week there was only 1 (!) option on opening day (March 5) and another one on Saturday evening to watch the Bloodshot movie in English in the entire city; meaning 1 of those 2 theaters didn't even bother. They were right though as there were only 7 people in the room: 4 Valiant fans, 1 Diesel fan, and 2 happy Outlander fans.

According to an online source only ~50k went to watch the Bloodshot movie over the first weekend (#7 on the movie charts) which is a very very low number. The movie had been rescheduled between FEB and then MAR 5 and 19 a couple of times which certainly didn't help much either; and it's PG-16 here (next lowest would be PG-12). Most of the other movies based on superhero comics use to be PG-12 here. The Return of Xander Cage was PG-16, too, and had ~300k viewers in the first week for a total of ~650k. Bloodshot is expected to end up somewhere between 100-150k according to the same source. In my favorite theater the movie has already been "banned" to the smallest room and will only be shown 1 time/day during week 2; as compared to 3-4 times/day in week 1.

This March is certainly going to be a very bad month for movie theaters around here if not the worst in years.

ckb
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?
Psssst. Hey buddy, need another CGC fix?

Post by ckb »

SJS4 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:19:53 pm I am planning to go see it Thursday night. I am really looking forward to seeing Valiant on the big screen.

I am worried that it won’t do well though. There isn’t much hype around the movie and the kung flu will probably keep some people away as well. I hope I am wrong though.
You aren't watching ESPN. There is a full-court press on that station about this movie. Vin was on SportsCenter last night talking about Ray Garrison. I could hardly believe it.

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

ckb wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:53:41 am
SJS4 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:19:53 pm I am planning to go see it Thursday night. I am really looking forward to seeing Valiant on the big screen.

You aren't watching ESPN. There is a full-court press on that station about this movie. Vin was on SportsCenter last night talking about Ray Garrison. I could hardly believe it.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
That's awesome!!
***Support your local farmers!***

corey
Valiant fan since: 1st turok
Favorite character: x-o manowar
Favorite title: x-o manowar

Post by corey »

Wha!aaaaaaaaaaaa

SJS4

Post by SJS4 »

That’s good to hear. I did see Bloodshot commercials while watching UFC (even during the PPV event) but didn’t realize they were advertising other sports as well.

Hopefully it works. :hope: Would love to get more Valiant on the big screen in the future!
Kurt Busiek wrote: Bull$#!t

nycjadie
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.

Post by nycjadie »

I was in a restaurant with my partner when a Bloodshot commercial came on and she pointed it out. I was pretty blown away.

Ramses818
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Ramses818 »

As long as we keep pushing it it should do well. I can’t wait to hear what the guys who saw it tonight think! I know Valiant fans will enjoy the movie. I really enjoyed it!