DMG first video game will be...

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Ramses818
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: X-O Manowar 14
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-o but maybe soon to be Rai
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
DMG first video game will be...

Post by Ramses818 »

A remastered version of the old Shadowman game? Well I do like the idea of this game being re-done I think this is a mistake on their part. How many people even played this game or wanted to back then? And now with a new universe, new blockbuster movie, and a completely different shadow man, they bring back this one but nobody has asked for? It just seems really confusing because I don’t think many people want this character back. The speaking for myself I always liked him. So what does everybody else think? Do you think they did the right thing by doing a remaster or should they have brought out a brand new game? I look forward to what you all think.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/03/18 ... hadow-man/

TheeBaldMoose
Valiant fan since: ECCC April 2016
Favorite character: Bloodshot/Ninjak/Divinity
Favorite title: Divinity/BS Reborn/Britannia
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Roberts
Favorite artist: All of them, really
Re: DMG first video game will be...

Post by TheeBaldMoose »

This is pretty random. I think that they probably went for the easiest thing they could possibly get done, coupled with the upcoming new #1. Maybe they are trying to hit two markets, use the book to push the game, use the game to push the comic?
Moose

Ramses818

Post by Ramses818 »

TheeBaldMoose wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:18:47 pm This is pretty random. I think that they probably went for the easiest thing they could possibly get done, coupled with the upcoming new #1. Maybe they are trying to hit two markets, use the book to push the game, use the game to push the comic?
I thought that too but I think it would just confuse people. Anyone just getting one or the other would be lost if they enjoy it and pick up the other thinking it is the same character. I worry that confusion will turn people off. I know lots of us die hards won’t be confused, but I am thinking about people who don’t have our extensive knowledge of Valiant history. Or conversely, what if someone new picks up the game really likes it and wants to see more of this version of the character? Is there some plan to bring him back or incorporate him into this version of Valiant? Are they looking at some big event to bring the whole history of Valiant in line ala DC new 52 or Rebirth? So many questions! :o :P and only some of them serious! :wink: :hm:

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

What an awful idea.

dornwolf
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by dornwolf »

Makes sense really. Valiant is a small publisher and might have problems getting the characters picked up for games so this is in the vault and they own the character out right unlike Turok. Wonder if this will include the sequel as well. Hopefully they don’t charge much ain’t worth more than $10 at least.

Ramses818

Post by Ramses818 »

dornwolf wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:26:20 am Makes sense really. Valiant is a small publisher and might have problems getting the characters picked up for games so this is in the vault and they own the character out right unlike Turok. Wonder if this will include the sequel as well. Hopefully they don’t charge much ain’t worth more than $10 at least.
No way it’s that cheap..just due to the platforms that it will be on.

magnus20009
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by magnus20009 »

Seems like they are setting themselves up to fail at video games. I just don’t see many gamers being interested in a game so old that was not massively popular at the time. People will play a 20 year old Super Mario Bros game and pay to do so but Shadowman :?

TheFerg714
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by TheFerg714 »

magnus20009 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:26:22 am Seems like they are setting themselves up to fail at video games. I just don’t see many gamers being interested in a game so old that was not massively popular at the time. People will play a 20 year old Super Mario Bros game and pay to do so but Shadowman :?
Only the most hardcore gamers and people who played Shadow Man as a kid will care about this game.

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

I really enjoyed the game back in the day and I think it did fairly well. I think it all depends on what "remastered" means. The game has not aged well by today's standards and will need a significant upgrade in the controls, graphics and game-play. If they give it enough love it might be cool nod to Valiant video game nostalgia. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for trailers and reviews. Hope it does well enough to convince them to do a whole new Shadowman game.