Ninjak officially on Youtube!

Discuss the VALIANT comics, characters, and collecting.
PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL SPOILER INFORMATION IN YOUR TOPIC TITLE.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

armlessphelan
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak officially on Youtube!

Post by armlessphelan »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA8YHf-zXsk&t=215s

I dunno what changed at Valiant, but today they finally brought back the web series (recut as a movie). Am watching it now.
Manga, comics, who cares? They're pretty much the same thing.

syzhang28
Re: Ninjak officially on Youtube!

Post by syzhang28 »

armlessphelan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:28:31 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA8YHf-zXsk&t=215s

I dunno what changed at Valiant, but today they finally brought back the web series (recut as a movie). Am watching it now.
This is a pretty *SQUEE* thing to do. Didn't DMG bury this for 2 years and not care at all about the hard work of bat in the sun, the actors etc. I remember reading that comic book dot com had to take the episodes down because of DMG and bat in the sun wasn't allowed to do a blu ray release etc. Now they put this up why? because nothing else is working for them? Also where are the producer credits for Josh Johns and Dinesh? This is more Dan Mintz BS imho. too little. too late.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

syzhang28 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:44:35 pm Now they put this up why?
Picture a street with mansions on the left in two neighborhoods called "Marvel Oaks" and "DC Valley" and just wooded area called "Valiantville" on the right side of the road. Now, picture that a little house goes up in Valiantville. It's not even close to comparing to any mansion in the other two neighborhoods. There's a new owner in Valiantville who is embarrassed by that little house the prior owner built. The old owner knew it wasn't a house, it was a billboard in the shape of a house. It was a model home... just a snack-sized taste of future Valiantville mansions. The new owner didn't care, he was still embarrassed.

But... the old owner of Valiantville was also building a mansion on the right side of the road... it just wasn't finished yet. When the Bloodshot mansion had Vin Diesel move in, suddenly ALL of the property on the right side of the road looks very interesting. Even that modest little house is sitting on property could be easily cleared and a mansion built in its place. Instead of being the embarrassing little house in the mansion part of town, it's suddenly prime real estate where everyone should go ahead, look around, and imagine how many mansions could be built in Valiantville. Mansion builders, the Valiantville realtors are now standing by, and waiting for your call.

Blood of Heroes
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.
I only beat my wife when I'm sober.

Post by Blood of Heroes »

greg wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:35:31 am
Picture a street with mansions on the left in two neighborhoods called "Marvel Oaks" and "DC Valley" and just wooded area called "Valiantville" on the right side of the road. Now, picture that a little house goes up in Valiantville. It's not even close to comparing to any mansion in the other two neighborhoods. There's a new owner in Valiantville who is embarrassed by that little house the prior owner built. The old owner knew it wasn't a house, it was a billboard in the shape of a house. It was a model home... just a snack-sized taste of future Valiantville mansions. The new owner didn't care, he was still embarrassed.

But... the old owner of Valiantville was also building a mansion on the right side of the road... it just wasn't finished yet. When the Bloodshot mansion had Vin Diesel move in, suddenly ALL of the property on the right side of the road looks very interesting. Even that modest little house is sitting on property could be easily cleared and a mansion built in its place. Instead of being the embarrassing little house in the mansion part of town, it's suddenly prime real estate where everyone should go ahead, look around, and imagine how many mansions could be built in Valiantville. Mansion builders, the Valiantville realtors are now standing by, and waiting for your call.
Well, when you put it like that....

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

greg wrote:

Is this the episode where the aliens mess with the lights and appliances until the humans turn on one another or the one where Elizabeth Montgomery is the only person alive in a town?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

Oxmyx
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith

Post by Oxmyx »

armlessphelan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:28:31 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA8YHf-zXsk&t=215s

Thanks for the heads up! I've been really wanting to watch this. By the time that I knew about it, it was unavailable online. I am going to watch it... tonight if I can.
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham

Post by Juki »

Thanks for the heads up. I enjoyed watching this again. It seemed a lot quicker watching this time without it being diced into small mini-episodes.

mateo107
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Obadiah Archer
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Doug Braithwaite

Post by mateo107 »

It was great to finally be able to see the whole thing. I wish they could've continued this universe, the characters didn't really get much of an introduction so spin-offs would have really helped flesh out this version of the universe.

X19
paulsmith56 is my hero
paulsmith56 is my hero
Valiant fan since: 2017 - NYCC
Favorite character: Shadowman... now Punk Mambo
Favorite title: Book of Death
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt, Cullen Bunn
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by X19 »

syzhang28 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:44:35 pm

This is a pretty *SQUEE* thing to do. Didn't DMG bury this for 2 years and not care at all about the hard work of bat in the sun, the actors etc. I remember reading that comic book dot com had to take the episodes down because of DMG and bat in the sun wasn't allowed to do a blu ray release etc. Now they put this up why? because nothing else is working for them? Also where are the producer credits for Josh Johns and Dinesh? This is more Dan Mintz BS imho. too little. too late.
Hmm- I don't know man- :hm: looks like you're making a big effort here to make DMG the devil... no way there could be OTHER reasons like Sony not wanting a certain licensed character to be promoted in advance of a multi-million dollar movie being made and released. facepalm

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

X19 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:11:09 am

Hmm- I don't know man- :hm: looks like you're making a big effort here to make DMG the devil... no way there could be OTHER reasons like Sony not wanting a certain licensed character to be promoted in advance of a multi-million dollar movie being made and released. facepalm
Not Sony.

Want to give Josh Johns a shout out here. It was an honor producing this with him. He worked his *SQUEE* off for two years and did an amazing job. I'm gutted that they choose to remove the producer credit he fully and uncontestably earned when they decided to erase mine. I know a couple of people at Valiant were so upset that they quit in solidarity when it happened for the first release but it looks like that continues to be ignored. There was a mountain of work, sacrifice and stress that went into making Ninjak Vs the success it has become (20+ million Youtube views via the fan upload alone) and I hate to see this type of revisionist history on credit and merit.

Juki
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Divinity
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Adam Gorham

Post by Juki »

dino wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:34:38 am
X19 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:11:09 am

Not Sony.

Want to give Josh Johns a shout out here. It was an honor producing this with him. He worked his *SQUEE* off for two years and did an amazing job. I'm gutted that they choose to remove the producer credit he fully and uncontestably earned when they decided to erase mine. I know a couple of people at Valiant were so upset that they quit in solidarity when it happened for the first release but it looks like that continues to be ignored. There was a mountain of work, sacrifice and stress that went into making Ninjak Vs the success it has become (20+ million Youtube views via the fan upload alone) and I hate to see this type of revisionist history on credit and merit.
Ouch...that is disheartening to put it mildly. :(

FruitGuy
Magnus, Solar, and Turok
Magnus, Solar, and Turok
Valiant fan since: 2015
Favorite character: Eternal Warrior, Bloodshot
Favorite title: The Valiant
Favorite writer: Kindt, Lemire, Heisserer
Favorite artist: depends... Braithwaite, R Gill

Post by FruitGuy »

Read his whole rant Dino... DMG’s done some crap moves, but wasn’t talking about producer credits. There was a real legal reason why the web series was not widely released before Bloodshot... it’s revisionist to ignore that.

FruitGuy
Magnus, Solar, and Turok
Magnus, Solar, and Turok
Valiant fan since: 2015
Favorite character: Eternal Warrior, Bloodshot
Favorite title: The Valiant
Favorite writer: Kindt, Lemire, Heisserer
Favorite artist: depends... Braithwaite, R Gill

Post by FruitGuy »

FruitGuy wrote:Read his whole rant Dino... DMG’s done some crap moves, but wasn’t talking about producer credits. There was a real legal reason why the web series was not widely released before Bloodshot... it’s revisionist to ignore that.

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

FruitGuy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:29:23 am Read his whole rant Dino...
Read whose whole rant?
***Support your local farmers!***

dino
Nerd Boss
Nerd Boss
Valiant fan since: 1993

Post by dino »

FruitGuy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:31:41 am
FruitGuy wrote:Read his whole rant Dino... DMG’s done some crap moves, but wasn’t talking about producer credits. There was a real legal reason why the web series was not widely released before Bloodshot... it’s revisionist to ignore that.
I was there man. Front and center at both Ninjak Vs and with Sony. There is no legal reason it was buried (FYI it was widely released, just for a short window before being hidden). Not responding to his post, simply making sure that one of the lead figures is not also buried.